PDA

View Full Version : I'm several hundred thousand dollars in debt...

HandsomeRyan
March 18th, 2016, 01:41 PM
...but I can finally say I'm a homeowner!

The yard and landscape need a lot of work (good thing I'm a horticulturist by trade) but the structure of the house is good and it is in a great area.

We met our next door neighbor who seemed like a really nice guy and he has kids who are almost the same age as mine. I know there are other kids in the neighborhood too.

Also, that room above the garage, that's my dedicated sewing room. I had to compromise on literally every single other thing I wanted in a house while we were looking but I did get ≈500²ft of sewing space!

Nothing moved in yet but this will eventually be home to at least 3 sewing machines including a treadle I just bought, a serger, an embroidery machine, and eventually a mid-arm machine and frame for quilting.

A lot of work ahead of me both inside and outside the house but we are so excited.

auntiemern
March 18th, 2016, 01:48 PM
I think it is beautiful, and you will have it the way you want it in no time at all. Congrats on getting a great family home.
Do you get to have chickens there?

HandsomeRyan
March 18th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Do you get to have chickens there?

I don't think so. I might try to raise quail again though. I'm not sure they are allowed either but they are easier to do quietly.

Midge
March 18th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Congratulations on your first house. It looks wonderful, and great that you are already meeting the neighbors with kids. I know you will renovate the landscaping and have it looking terrific in no time.

beccavan1
March 18th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Congratulations on your new home! Before I read your post, I was admiring the house and yard and my first thought was "that room above the garage would definitely be my sewing room". I bet ALOT of us thought that!
I love yard work too. I've always said the BEST therapy is; on your knees with your hands in the dirt, and in bad weather...in your sewing room. ;p
I pray for you and your family to make this new house your home and that it will be filled with God's Blessings and family love.
Beck

EnumclawGramma
March 18th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Congratulations! It's beautiful! Looks like you've got a view?

shirleyknot
March 18th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Keep after it! I'm finally within 10,000of being paid off!

CraftySweetPeas
March 18th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Beautiful home and you'll have that yard in tip-top shape in no time. Congratulations.

I put a canopy in front of my garage door when I had a home with that set-up. The canopy helped keep the sun directly off the garage door and it helped to keep the upper room not so hot.

bubba
March 18th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the club! Ours would be paid off, but we took a loan against it to do the big addition (huge kitchen and master bedroom and a double garage).

Be sure to get a baby gate!

sewbizzy
March 18th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Congratulations on the purchase of your new home...so exciting...and it is beautiful!

Bubby
March 18th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Congratulations! It's a gorgeous home and a great sewing space!! I'm thrilled for all of you.

Simply Quilting
March 18th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Congratulations!!! What a great home and a large sewing space. I can't wait to see pictures once you have your sewing room setup.

JCY
March 18th, 2016, 05:17 PM
You are going to absolutely love your new sewing space! What a lucky guy you are. I hope your family enjoys your new home. Congratulations!

Lori63
March 18th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Congrats on your first home! It's an exciting yet scary time. Enjoy getting settled in and making it yours. Can't wait to see pics of your sewing room when you get it set up!

Navy Wife
March 18th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Lovely house, and I know you will enjoy it. The first house we bought was a 1600 square foot house in Corpus Christi, TX. We thought it was a mansion! That was in 1964, and DH was a Lt. in the Navy. I wish for you the happiness we had in that house, and all the others we have lived in for 60 years!

Suzette
March 18th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Congratulations! I wish you all the best in your beautiful new home!!

MayinJerset
March 18th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Beautiful house and in no time you and your family will turn it into a wonderful home.

Sandy Navas
March 18th, 2016, 08:33 PM

Enjoy your new life!!

alliek
March 18th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Congratulations and many, many Blessings for you and your family in your NEW HOME! So exciting. God Bless.

KarenC
March 18th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Congratulations on the new home and the sewing room that you get to design and play in.

Cathy F
March 18th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Congratulations, may you and your family have many happy years there.

Grandma Nan
March 18th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Gorgeous home Ryan. I love the sewing area and I'm betting the rest of the house is just as beautiful.

easyquilts
March 18th, 2016, 10:38 PM
Yay! The house is beautiful, and your sewing space is downright awesome! Can't wait to see it filled with all of your sewing things... Oh, boy...

cv quilter
March 18th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Ryan, congratulations on your new home. It looks wonderful and lots of room to let the kids run and play. And a dedicated sewing room above the garage.......how perfect is that?! Can't wait to see what you do with it when it is all filled up with your machines. Keep us posted on the progress of your home, your yard work, and your "haven". What an exciting time!

bhaggerty
March 18th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Congrats!!!! Yay for the Coopers!!

bhaggerty
March 18th, 2016, 11:49 PM
Congrats!!!! Yay for the Coopers!!

jjkaiser
March 19th, 2016, 01:05 AM
I am so happy for you. You have many wonderful new things going on in your life these days. Remember its not just a debt but an investment, and what a nice Home to create memories for your children. The sewing space is icing on the cake!

stationarymom
March 19th, 2016, 01:29 AM
Congratulations on your first home! Your sewing room looks beautiful,I'm jealous.

Iris Girl
March 19th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Grats on your new home and a wonderful sewing space!!

Lyndaj
March 19th, 2016, 08:47 AM
It's lovely. Congratulations. I also have the room above the garage as my sewing room, but mine doesn't have the lovely window. Have fun unpacking and setting up.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 19th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Congratulations, Ryan, love your sewing room! May you have many happy years with your family in your new home!

SisterDi
March 19th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Totes jelly on the sewing space! Not so much on the mortgage payments. :D

I look forward to landscaping updates, and quilty ones, of course!

Juliet Taylor
March 19th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Congratulations :-)

laura44
March 19th, 2016, 01:04 PM
I love your new home! Congratulations. Took me 30 years of marriage and
6 homes before I got a sewing room.

judimccl
March 19th, 2016, 06:03 PM
I am so excited for you - CONGRATULATIONS! I still remember how I felt when we bought our house 38 years ago, and today I had an inspection because I have a signed offer on the house. Lots of memories, but being alone, and being 73 years old, I no longer want or need 1600 square feet to live in! Anyway, will be watching for pics as you get yourself settled. :icon_wave:

Andrea F
March 20th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Congratualtions on your new home! It's beautiful.

Monique
March 21st, 2016, 07:33 AM
Congratulations Sawyer Family. I am a little jealous about your sewing room space. And as for the landscape, you will have looking fabulous in no time.

Ginny B
March 21st, 2016, 08:17 AM
Congratulations! Such an exciting time. Enjoy settling in and I bet you've got that landscaping to your liking in no time. Can't wait to see pics of your sewing room too.

amartin24
March 21st, 2016, 10:08 AM
Congratulations on your first new home! Many blessings to you and your family. Yes, please post pics of your awesome sewing room after you get it set up!

Jean Marie
March 21st, 2016, 10:20 AM
Such a beautiful home ! Congrats to you and your family. A new home ........there's no feeling like it! So very very exciting!

Sylvia H
March 21st, 2016, 10:22 AM
Congratulations! It is a lovely house, and your family will make it a wonderful home. Kudos on the sewing room!

songbird857
March 21st, 2016, 03:17 PM
So happy for you guys! Congrats on your beautiful new home :)

lovemyavy
March 24th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Beautiful home for a beautiful family! Enjoy that spacious sewing room!

rebeccas-sewing
March 25th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Congratulations, Ryan. You scared me with your lead-in. hahaha Glad to hear you're finally settling in. I know you're glad to be out of those small quarters where you were temporarily housed.