PDA

View Full Version : Friday - Let the weekend begin

Blondie
March 18th, 2016, 06:41 AM

Hello Folksies!

So, it's Friday! The most joyous day of the week for many. I always look forward to my favorite peeps with the occasional nit picker thrown in. This weekend promises to be an interesting one.

I have a fairly large wedding party to work on tonite and in the morning. I truly dislike doing weddings and proms. I have promised myself more times than I can count that I would never do another. Too much drama for this mama. Out of 6 bridesmaids, I am going to do 4, plus the bride, mother of the bride and the flower girl. The flower girl may wind up being the easiest to do. Tonite will be the color for these ladies, tomorrow will be the hard work, braiding, pumping up volume (to no avail because of weather) and etc. It will be interesting, I can promise you that! I told hubs on his way home from work to pick up some wine coolers and stick them in the freezer. I will need an excedrin, a wine cooler and a foot soak - in that order, thank you very much.

So it is Friday and the weekend starts this evening for most. For those who are into March Madness, God Bless You. I can't stand the sound of sneakers on the bb court. So absolutely cringe worthy. For all those going on retreats - y'all just simply rock. Enjoy. For those needing some extra TLC, (((((((you have it))))))).

Blessings and SMILES to everyone.

pcbatiks
March 18th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Good morning, Blondie and other friends.

I'm awake to early. This is where I will be this weekend......working at fundraiser book sale! Wish you'll could come!

127856 127857

I'm going to try to sleep for another hour before time to leave.

Have a fun day friends.

EnumclawGramma
March 18th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Good Morning! It is Friday!!! What a fast week! Yesterday was a beautiful Spring day with sun and warmth. Last night the wind started howling and it's still making my house creaky! Oy! I don't like wind....
A Wedding!! How fun! I love weddings when I can just be an attendee and not worry details. Have fun Blondie girl!
Hopefully today will be about sewing. Tomorrow my DGD and DGS have piano recitals and we're attending, somehow these things wind up being ice cream out, hanging with the Grands and all that fun stuff!
Planning the family reunion. DH is SO close to retiring I don't know how much in it we'll be. I want to host some of the events but we're also getting ready to sell the house. There's a lot of upheaval goin on here. It's good, but I like things settled.
Ok, that's enough rambling of a tired brain. I need my coffee and a few minutes of news. Have a wonderful Friday! Hugs and Prayers all 'round.

Carol336
March 18th, 2016, 07:25 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday.

Making chocolate eggs with DGD Parker tomorrow morning, so must get out to shop for the stuff today. Other than that it looks to be a much needed quiet weekend.

Thanks for all great fashion advice yesterday. I did take the outfit back.....just wasn't me.

I bought one of the tea towels for making aprons from M*....has anyone made one of them. If I get time I'm going to try to make it for Parker to wear tomorrow..if not - it'll get made for a gift for someone sometime.

Have a great day everyone

Bubby
March 18th, 2016, 08:08 AM
It's Friday again...hard to believe another week has flown by.

First thing this morning I need to do some housework. Tomorrow we have to work in Cuba in our vacancy and replace a washer in another unit. It will be a full day. Dottie & Olive go with us and have been as good as gold lately. Dottie used to cry the whole time but now she seems to enjoy the change of scenery

Blondie, my DD says the same thing about wedding groups. Hang in there.

We are getting more cold weather. Today our high will be in the low 40s and two days ago it was in the 80s. They say we will have a hard freeze this weekend with the possibility of snow showers. We always get this in the Spring. After this upcoming blast we should slide into real Spring.

Wishing everyone a good Friday. Let's remember to keep our Cyndi and her family in our prayers.

Ginny B
March 18th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday. I slept pretty well last night. I found a document my sis and I have been looking for. We are starting to think about selling the house in Brooklyn and are gathering paperwork we will need and this one piece was being elusive. Yesterday after work I was on the phone with sis talking about the last time we saw it and suddenly I thought about one more place to look and Eureka!! there it was. We both felt so much better. It is going to be a complicated procedure so we want to start putting things all together now.

Blondie, good luck with the bridal party. I can see what that would be stressful for you. It's going to be a busy weekend for me. Sis and I are actually heading into Brooklyn on Saturday so Sunday will have to be either a day to catch up on what I don't do here at home on Saturday or, if I am too tired for that because of whatever it is we accomplish in Brooklyn, then I will have a restful day and spread out the Saturday chores all through next week.

Have a great day everyone.

shermur
March 18th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Morning....happy Friday. I agree with you, Blondie....weddings have gotten way to dramatic and expensive. Definitely over the board expectations and do those expectations really matter. I've gotten to where I do not want to attend weddings anymore.

This weekend will be bitter sweet....Navy girl is coming to get her stuff (well, some of it anyways) and move back up to the KC Metro area. She starts a new job next Monday...although, if she had really made the attempt to find one here in River Valley AR, she possibly wouldn't be moving and yet, she wasn't really adjusting here well.
And, I will miss little britches. After bonding with him over the past 10 weeks? This house will seem very empty and goodness knows when I'll get to see him next. I wish I had the time and money to do the things I feel are important to me...

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 18th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Hello everyone, again Friday and weekend though as they say we are going back to winter with very cold temperatures and snow but yesterday and today we have sun so glad we did a little, I had a busy day yesterday because one of DGD no he had class and another had to go to the doctor because he had come out red circles with dots, but the doctor said it was nothing important and would disappear week was good news because they will go to the snow for a week and with medical problems would have to stay home, because they go to Andorra is an independent country and do not know any doctor, so are quiet although it is not quiet me because they are 450 millas mountain roads with snow, I hope everything goes well I wish you a happy and fun day all and sending them smiles, prayers for those who need and greetings

MayinJerset
March 18th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Friday - the beginning of a new weekend. No special plans but the prediction of snow isn't encouraging us to venture far from home. Think the continued cold weather will prompt me to finally make some spilt pea soup with the ham bone left from Christmas. Might also be a good time to check out my 1960's white Featherweight as I plan to sell it, haven't used it at all the past few years. Will take some photos for an ad in guild's newsletter, now just to figure out what to ask for it. I have the original turquoise and white case, attachments and a copy of the manual. My Pfaff and little Gem Gold are more than enough for my sewing/quilting needs. Also have a cheapie old Brother that is good in a pinch but the led on it has faded so much I just guess what stitch I've chosen until I can test it out on some spare fabric. It's OK for quilting as I have a walking foot for it but the machine shakes a lot and the walking foot gets loose and falls off a lot.

Oh, My DH would be in heaven at that huge book sale. Glad it's too far away as we are overrun with books especially since our library doesn't want any more donations for their book sales. In an effort to keep books from piling up I've been using our town's library more often for my reading material and have been satisfied with what's available as we're part of a big county wide system with lots of books and resources available. We also have 2 colleges nearby if we want to research something.

Having my 2nd cup of coffee and enjoying a slice of Irish Soda Bread, not bad for a store bought product. I usually make several loaves of the bread but just wasn't up to it this year.

mario1360
March 18th, 2016, 10:17 AM
good morning friends,
woke up to a white blanket on the ground!!!!!
what the heck is this ??????
snwhat???
the worst part is that it is staying put for a few days.....
anyway everyone have a wonderful love filled day.

RockinLou
March 18th, 2016, 10:28 AM
May, I want to make some soda bread tonight, you are making me jealous!

Lost documents found, coffee brewing, prepping wedding parties... Lots of excitement in the little things in our lives!

We are on Spring Break this coming week, we had parent teacher conferences the past 2 days, my house is a mess and I have a splitting headache, but vacation is here. Bliss. No plans, just sewing and relaxing!!

Monique
March 18th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Good morning friends. Just a quick pop in this morning. Maizyn and I had a busy day yesterday and she really tested my patience. But today is a better day, although she wants to go home. I think she misses Daddy because she spoke with him last night. We will try and make arrangements for tomorrow and see if they can come and meet half way, which would be nice.

I picked up the treadle machine yesterday. I haven't really looked at it closely but cabinet needs lots of TLC. Hubby is the one who wanted it and I think he wants to convert it to a table. WHO KNOWS!!

Have a great day friends. Sunday is the first day of Spring and it can't come soon enough for me. Yesterday was a crazy rain/sun day and we even saw a rainbow. Last night everything froze and we may see flurries today. UGH!!!!!

Catch y'all later.

rebeccas-sewing
March 18th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I just attended two weddings. The first one was held for my goddaughter and the man she's been living with for quite some time. They have a three-and-a-half year-old. I'm guessing maybe $20,000 was spent on their wedding??? It seems so silly to me to spend that kind of money on such as event. What about putting that large sum in savings toward their little girl's education or on something that has some staying power? I don't understand why it's so important to young people to have these extravagant weddings. It was held at an expensive-looking venue overlooking the ocean with a sit-down dinner and fancy appetizers beforehand. There were probably several photographers, a videographer, a wedding coordinator, waiters, etc.

My nephew's wedding was just as lovely and probably cost less than half that amount. It took place at his parents' house on the lawn in front of the big wrap-around porch under a big, beautiful tree. The bride's brother got a license to marry them. The groom is a chef and prepared a simple meal of homemade tomato soup served with various gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, and a couple of sides. It was fine. He also made a delicious wedding cake. The brides father built a really cool bar for the drinks. The centerpieces were candles set in Spanish Moss that had been treated for sanitary purposes - simple and quite lovely. They rented a dance floor and tables and chairs. Some of their friends served the drinks and the food. That was it. Everyone had a great time and it didn't cost a fortune.

Blondie, I wouldn't be in your shoes when it comes to all those bridal hairdos. Good luck. I hope they pay you well for your labor.