PDA

View Full Version : 35 years ago

Grampz
March 17th, 2016, 12:59 PM
35 years ago today I raised my right hand and swore to protect this country and our Constitution then stepped on a plane headed to Lackland Air Force Base to begin my 23 year career in the greatest military of the greatest nation. I enjoyed the Air Force and miss it tremendously now. God bless all who have served, who are serving, and who will serve as well as their families!

Sending Luvz, Hugz, & Prayerz
Grampz

klgls
March 17th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Thank you for your service!!

jjkaiser
March 17th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Yes, thank you for all the sacrifices you made for our good old USA!!!

alliek
March 17th, 2016, 01:12 PM
God Bless you and Thank You for your Service to this country. It is APPRECIATED, more than I can tell you.

Bubby
March 17th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Thank you so much for your service to our great nation! My Dad was a WWII and Korean veteran. My late husband Michael was career Army and served for 25 years. He did tours in Vietnam, Germany (2), Korea and Panama. The last few years of his career he served at the Pentagon.

SewnByBee
March 17th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Thank you.

We're so blessed to have men and women like you.
God bless America
God bless you
& all who serve
and stand up for
the Red, White, and Blue.

Dollyquilts
March 17th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

snippet
March 17th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Well congratulations on a wonderful career! and thanks for all the sacrifices you and your family made for us.

I am an Air Force brat myself and then I worked for the AF as a civil servant at Kelly and then at Lackland. I loved working the 31 years that I did. Lackland has changed a lot since you've been here. Heck it's changed a lot in the 4 years since I've retired.

Cathy F
March 17th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Thank you for your service to our country. My husband was Navy, and nephew is in the Marines, and niece is in the army.

KarenC
March 17th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks to all of you have served our great country.

EsGrandma
March 17th, 2016, 02:40 PM
God bless you and all of our servicemen and servicewomen past and present. We deeply thank you.

SallyO'Sews
March 17th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your service, Grampz. Hope your time in retirement turns out to be as rewarding.

CraftyJnet
March 17th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Thank you for your service. May God bless you.

Patsquilting
March 17th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Thank you for your service.

Judy, USMC
March 17th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary!

[I didn't realize until you posted that 44 years ago this month I reported to boot camp. Retired after 21 yrs in the Marine Corps (obvious by my screen name.)]

judimccl
March 17th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Thanks so much for your service. I never hesitate if I am out and see someone in uniform to stop and say thank you.

bhaggerty
March 17th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Thank you for your service!!!!!!!!
It is so appreciated by many of us!!
Every one of us owes you!!

asta
March 17th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Congrats, that is a career to be proud of! I know my husband (25 yr. U.S. NAVY veteran) hates it when people tell him "Thank You for your service" so I will just say I appreciate all you did for our country.

cv quilter
March 17th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Thank you, Grampz. Your service to our wonderful, beautiful country is appreciated! We all are blessed to have fine, brave men like you stand up and say they'll serve and protect our great nation.

easyquilts
March 17th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Thank you for your service.... And God Bkess America...

Navy Wife
March 17th, 2016, 07:22 PM
I appreciate your service to our country. I have some vets also: DH, 23 years USN; DS, 26 years, USN; SIL, 21 years, USN; sister, 28 years, USAF. We were all happy to serve. And don't forget us, the spouses who raised families, and moved every 2 or 3 years, and kept the home fires burning while holding down full time jobs. We are all proud of our service, no matter where we served. But mostly we are proud of those who did not return home and made the supreme sacrifice for our freedom.

MayinJerset
March 17th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Thank You Granpz. I have a nephew in Army presently stationed in Brussels.

SewnByBee
March 17th, 2016, 09:52 PM
I appreciate your service to our country. I have some vets also: DH, 23 years USN; DS, 26 years, USN; SIL, 21 years, USN; sister, 28 years, USAF. We were all happy to serve. And don't forget us, the spouses who raised families, and moved every 2 or 3 years, and kept the home fires burning while holding down full time jobs. We are all proud of our service, no matter where we served. But mostly we are proud of those who did not return home and made the supreme sacrifice for our freedom.

WE defiantly appreciate all the families that the troupe have at home. YOU are all our families too. So much you do behind the sťance, but never to be forgotten. I honour you all as well. I believe you make it possible for them to do, what they do. Thank you too.
How s DH? Prayers for you both.

My dad severed WW ll, I lived with the visable and invisiband invisible wounds, he carried though his life.

Cargrats Gramps on the 35 . Always a hero to us.Bless you and your family.

Ginny B
March 17th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Thank you for your service.

MRoy
March 17th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Thanks for your service!

stationarymom
March 18th, 2016, 01:28 AM
Thank you for your dedication and service for our country.My Grandfather was in WWII my nephew is in the Army right now.

dwil23
March 18th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Joining everyone else in saying Thank You for your Service!

Monique
March 18th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Thank you for your service. Both my sons serve in the Canadian Military.

Pepsiboy
March 18th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Grampz,

MANY thanks for your service to our country ! ! (Been there, done that)

Dave

auntiemern
March 18th, 2016, 01:53 PM
From the bottom of my heart I thank you for your service. My DH would have been a career Marine, but suffered a severe head wound in Viet Nam and was medically retired. God bless your for the sacrifices that I know you must have made.

beccavan1
March 18th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Thank you for your service Grampz. I have ALOT of friends and family members who have served in all four branches of this free country.
Thank you doesn't seem to be enough. For all the many, many things you have done, sacrifices you made, and putting your life on the line everyday...Thank you so, so very much for your service that keeps this wonderful Country free!!!
Beck