PDA

View Full Version : Hoot Hoot, Night owls Wednesday

Neller
March 17th, 2016, 12:56 AM
Hoot hoot! Today was exciting as I received my stash of HOT in the mail! I don't know what I will do with them yet but it's fun too look at them and dream about what I can make. Of course there are only 112 to start but I plan on doing the 5th swap so there are another 112 and I'm off to the races!

I still haven't put the border on my RV quilt but I did sew a few rows on my quilt for my great nephew and made a table runner for my secret Santa. Tomorrow I'll iron open the HST and sort them by color.

I hope all you Hoot owls are having a great week!

stationarymom
March 17th, 2016, 01:07 AM
Hoot hoot It sounds like you had a good day today Nancy.What is the Hot you mentioned?I don't think I have heard of this.
My father arrived here from Ok. yesterday his flights went problem free so that was good.Today he spent his day catching up with friends to arrange times to get together with them.I'm glad he still keeps in touch with these friends,it gives him something to look forward to.I won't be sewing since he is here for 2 weeks.There isn't really much else going on here.

MayinJerset
March 17th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Don't think I'll be a Night Owl tonight as I'm tired and heading to bed.

Joan, Glad to hear your Dad arrived OK and has plans to visit some friends while visiting you. Too many visitors expect us to keep them entertained 24/7. Nothing much happening here either but sometimes that's good so we can catch up with stuff we have put off for too long.

Hey Neller, I also would like to know what HOT arrived today.

Old Winter is still hanging on, turned quite cold tonight after a thunder storm and there's talk about snow this weekend. Enough already We Want Spring!

Neller
March 17th, 2016, 02:44 AM
Hoot hoot It sounds like you had a good day today Nancy.What is the Hot you mentioned?I don't think I have heard of this.
My father arrived here from Ok. yesterday his flights went problem free so that was good.Today he spent his day catching up with friends to arrange times to get together with them.I'm glad he still keeps in touch with these friends,it gives him something to look forward to.I won't be sewing since he is here for 2 weeks.There isn't really much else going on here.

Stupid autocorrect! HOT is supposed to be HST, as in half-square triangles! Sorry!

kimsophia
March 17th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Hoot hoot! I'm doing more counted cross stitch now after getting yet more books at Goodwill. Usually there aren't many books that I'm interested in there but lately there are a ton of cool books and most were expensive and feature full page photos, too. So if I can get hardcovers for $1.88 and paperbacks for 88 cents (or sometimes two for 88 cents) then I'm gonna buy 'em. I mostly got gardening, cooking and sewing-related ones, but also some autobiographies and other non-fiction. One is even about quilting...lol My nest is turning into a library @,@ Keep warm, folks!

Judy, USMC
March 17th, 2016, 10:53 AM
I'm very, very late hooting in here! Lost 1/2 week dealing with the refrigerator. On the plus the kitchen is being re-arranged.

Went to bed early (right after the DD posted) as I had to be up with the early birds to talk with the refrigerator technician to get some peace of mind that the incident earlier this week wasn't a sign of impending doom.

Looking forward to hooting again with y'all tonight ........