PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already?

Monique
March 16th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Good morning friends. The week is sure going by fast. Took Maizyn to a movie yesterday but we did not stay until the end. She said it was a little scary. Not sure what we will do today. I do have a pedicure this afternoon and believe you me, I need it in the worst way.

I also have to make a phone call for physio as well.

Have a great day friends. ANOTHER rainy day here. Not sure if I will ever see the sun again.

MayinJerset
March 16th, 2016, 09:50 AM
We have sunshine, will blow a bit your way Monique. No pressing appointments today so I'm just taking it easy having another cup of coffee.

It had been so warm last week that I thought soup time was over but the big chill the past few days had me searching for the recipe for a no fat creamy crock pot tomato soup that I've wanted to try for some time. Didn't take long to assemble and cook for 3-4 hours and puree but it was just so so. Probably would have tasted much better with the addition of cream but that would have defeated the purpose of choosing that particular recipe. Also I guess growing up eating Campbell's Tomato Soup makes all other tomato soups taste wrong. Not that Campbell's is better with all the salt it has, just more familiar to our taste buds. We will finish the soup for lunch with some Ritz crackers.

mischiefkat
March 16th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Good Morning all,
Woke with a headache this am. Maybe because I was up late watching the election returns. Wow is all I can say about that.
Poppop took the boys to PAL camp all ready . One boy plays BB. The other likes golf and of course he's good at it. Expensive sport. Going to the park after we pick them up, get hotdogs from the cart, walk through the wildlife center.
Still working at cleaning out my stuff. Haven't tossed much but getting what I do have organized has been good, Found some more FQ's looking for a Turning Twenty pattern now. Well got to get going stuff to do. Everyone have a Great Day Hugs to those who need them. Last days to vote for Kathy too. Don't forget. Kathy

toggpine
March 16th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Happy hump day! We are all still dragging from the time change around here.
Em's speech therapist came out to ask me if I had any sugar or something to wake the kiddo up. They are in the middle of testing, and she's not responding. If she doesn't answer the questions, it will look like they made negative progress.

I'm working on an iron caddy. I read the directions and thought, "Hmmm. That's going to leave the fabric rather unsecured while I sew the sandwich together. I ought to spray baste it. No, they wrote the directions this way for a reason, I'll follow the directions."
Guess what. The sandwich was shifty, and I picked out the stitching and spray basted the rest. One of these days I'll listen.

I have some templates to make for the after school sewing class. We are going to have 8 kids in the class, with 4 of them new. Fun times! At least we have a plan now, before it was a bit willy-nilly and there was no program. Some of the kids aren't going to like the new plan, but they can join another group.
Time to get on with the rest of the day!

Navy Wife
March 16th, 2016, 01:09 PM
I'm trying to get the house in order today. DH has to check in to the hospital at 6 AM tomorrow for his back surgery. I'm glad we're only 5 minutes from the hospital. Ah the pleasures of a small town!

kensington
March 16th, 2016, 01:18 PM
I haven't cleaned house in weeks... it's driving me nuts. But, I'm out of here today to meet someone for lunch. It's been a rough year here, I may have to hire someone to help with my spring cleaning. Just to give me the push I need to start and finish it.

I should be excited that Easter is coming and all my family will be here... and I just keep thinking "UGH"...

Cathy F
March 16th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Hi all,
Very late getting to the party today! Went to breakfast with some friends then stopped for the buttermilk for the Irish soda bread. Got home and sat at the computer and did another part of the defensive driving program. Last time I did all six hours at once, not this time. Did the first three hours, today another hour, and have two more hours to do. Didn't realize last time you have 30 days to complete it. Boy, those three years fly by fast then it's time to do it again. If I wasn't saving so much money on the car insurance I'd say the heck with it.
No sewing today instead making Irish soda bread, that will take the rest of the afternoon now as everyone wants a loaf of it, ugh! Off to get started making a mess of my clean kitchen. I think if I make it for the family they should clean the kitchen!

KarenC
March 16th, 2016, 04:38 PM
I'm trying to get the house in order today. DH has to check in to the hospital at 6 AM tomorrow for his back surgery. I'm glad we're only 5 minutes from the hospital. Ah the pleasures of a small town!

Praying for great results tomorrow

LauraP
March 16th, 2016, 05:41 PM
May, try adding some plain yougurt. it acts and tastes like cream without the fat. warm it but don't cook it.

LauraP
March 16th, 2016, 05:43 PM
I haven't cleaned house in weeks... it's driving me nuts. But, I'm out of here today to meet someone for lunch. It's been a rough year here, I may have to hire someone to help with my spring cleaning. Just to give me the push I need to start and finish it.

I should be excited that Easter is coming and all my family will be here... and I just keep thinking "UGH"...

Give everyone a dust rag as they walk in the door and tell them as they are hunting for eggs they are supposed to dust. Write clues in the dust.

MayinJerset
March 16th, 2016, 06:10 PM
May, try adding some plain yougurt. it acts and tastes like cream without the fat. warm it but don't cook it. Good idea and I just happen to have some plain Greek yogurt.

MayinJerset
March 16th, 2016, 06:13 PM

Saying a prayer that all goes well and he has a speedy recovery. My brother had back surgery last week and was being transferred to rehab today, I'll call his girlfriend later to find out which one his is at.