PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
March 16th, 2016, 01:58 AM
Hoot hoot! What's up in your tree? I am doing some counted cross stitch today and planning to change one section of the sampler that I don't really like and personalize it with my cousin, her dog and I playing outdoors instead. I've got graph paper so I hope it helps me draw up new figures.

Another rainy evening here. We even had a little thunder but nothing severe. I fell asleep on the couch from about 5:30-7 p.m. so I'll be up late tonight, probably. Hoot your news!

KarenC
March 16th, 2016, 02:50 AM
Hello. How I wish I could sleep. In DC hotel for my last night of a conference. Looking forward to trip home tomorrow so I can sleep in my own bed. Yeah! Saturday, I will attend my first long arm guild meeting. Not much else happening here. Cheers

Judy, USMC
March 16th, 2016, 04:18 AM
Hi all - so glad to hear some are able to be productive either with work or with stitching. Well after so much turmoil running around deciding on a replacement fridge ... and researching all the reviews ... and rearranging the kitchen to get the old fridge out and the new one in ... and making sure the floor was spotless ...

I plugged the old one in and it's working just fine! I'm upset. I like that it decided to work; I like that I did the research in case the problem arises again so I know which one I'll get; and I'm even appreciative that my kitchen is now spotless. But I lost 2 days of finalizing my quilting related project.

But then again I didn't have to spend money on a replacement which means I still have the budget to take advantage of the sales this month! So bad day and a good day for me. Off to check out the special sale.

kimsophia
March 16th, 2016, 04:26 AM
So what kind of fridge should we get when ours eventually croaks, Judy? :)

toggpine
March 16th, 2016, 04:34 AM
I should be in bed. I have can early morning.
I disbudded a set of kids for another farmer this morning, and then ran to Wal-Mart. I needed some plastic canvas for the bottoms of the tote bags the kids are supposed to be making. I also picked up a yard of polar fleece to use as a padding/batting for them. The prices were better than J's. There was actually a dude standing there that cut my fabric! Amazing!
I was working on the iron caddies this evening. Don't you hate it when you follow the instructions instead of listening to that voice that says to do it the other way? I spent my evening redoing the batting sandwich. It just shifted way too much using their method. I'll be adding another can of spray basting to my shopping list.
I'm off to get some Zzzzs.

redcaboose1717
March 16th, 2016, 05:32 AM
I am up.....cutting out a casserole carrier pattern I want to try to make. If it turns out, I am going to make a few of these for family members. I just hope it turns out the way I think it will !

Judy, USMC
March 16th, 2016, 05:48 AM
So what kind of fridge should we get when ours eventually croaks, Judy? :)

LG has great marks across the board but expensive, GE all models but then again pricy, Frigidaire fairly good reviews, quite a few models and more affordable. Checked all sizes and the smallest we could go is 18 but 20-21 best for us. I'd go Frigidaire unless the others were on sale.

I have access to Consumer Reports so if any night owl wants a review on anything let me know!