PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Owl

kimsophia
March 15th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Hootie hoot! How are you? The Bulls won tonight but it was so close that my nerves were shot. I actually needed a glass of wine to calm down. My buddy found it "exciting". His idea of exciting is my idea of nerve-wracking. :P

Due to the wine I had better not try to follow any cross stitch diagrams! I barely can follow the biscornu one sober...in fact I had to simplify it in areas because it was just too intricate. I hope you all are enjoying you evening...hoot a hello! @,@

stationarymom
March 15th, 2016, 01:59 AM
Kim I'm glad your Bulls won tonight.I think a game that has you on the edge of your seat is more interesting than one where you can tell who's going to win.I'm just getting the house ready for my Dad trying to make sure I have food in the house that I know he likes to eat and that kind of stuff.My DD and my Ds's girlfriend had cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory last night and both spent the night up sick.They think they may have gotten food poisoning,but I'm not sure.They both seem better now.Hello to any other owls flying around.

Judy, USMC
March 15th, 2016, 02:32 AM
This night owl went circling the city looking for a fridge. Saw the oldie brands - Whirlpool, Frigidaire, GE. There was one that caught my eye Haier. I know that from my construction/home inspector background that they make reputable home air conditioning systems. The sale price was very good - $550 - down from $800 for their 20.6 cuft model. Reviews range from 1 to 5 stars so that's no help. The closest comparable from the other brands was $650-709.

I'm tempted to take a chance. May put out a feeler thread and see if anyone has experience with that brand. Guess tonight, so far, we're on a food & drink theme. Cheesecake, wine & a fridge to keep them in. Off to the nest soon. Stay safe.

MayinJerset
March 15th, 2016, 02:47 AM
Not tired so I'll hang out in my tree for awhile and see what's doing with the other Night Owls. Kim - great way to calm your nerves after the Bulls cliffhanger win. Joan, see you are pretty well set for Dad's visit, just don't serve him any cake from the Cheesecake Factory. Judy, I'll add to the list, Cheesecake, wine & a fridge to keep them in, cleaned out fridge and used up leftovers. Never heard of Haier fridges but I haven't bought a fridge in many years. All our kitchen appliances are 13 to 15 years old and I fear they all will die at the same time. l

Spent Monday resting up after our 2 birthday parties weekend, this old body can't take too many good things going on at the same time. Did sew a bit by adding most of the binding on the baby quilt I'm making for newest great grandson. He is taking a bit of sun with Bella, the family dog keeping watch.127719

MayinJerset
March 15th, 2016, 02:51 AM
Not tired so I'll hang out in my tree for awhile and see what's doing with the other Night Owls. Kim - great way to calm your nerves after the Bulls cliffhanger win. Joan, see you are pretty well set for Dad's visit, just don't serve him any cake from the Cheesecake Factory. Judy, I'll add to the list, Cheesecake, wine & a fridge to keep them in, cleaned out fridge and used up leftovers. Never heard of Haier fridges but I haven't bought a fridge in many years. All our kitchen appliances are 13 to 15 years old and I fear they all will die at the same time.

Spent Monday resting up after our 2 birthday parties weekend, this old body can't take too many good things going on at the same time. Did sew a bit by adding most of the binding on the baby quilt I'm making for newest great grandson. How tiny he is taking a bit of sun with Bella, the family dog keeping watch.

toggpine
March 15th, 2016, 03:48 AM
I've sorted through the fabrics and divided them back into their final destination piles.

I have a few samples to make for the kids after school program. I want to finish my iron caddy and pressing pad first. A couple of the projects will require pressing, and the school doesn't have an iron of their own. I'd rather not drag a hot iron around in the car.
I won't be up too late, as I have a busy day again tomorrow.

Happy hooting everyone!

toggpine
March 15th, 2016, 05:00 AM
For whomever asked the other night:
Yes, the glow-in-the-dark head pins do work. They do need to be exposed to light to make them activated.

I am using them on the heat resistant fabric and insul-bright, and they were having a bit of trouble going through all 4 layers. I will give them a test go on regular cotton tomorrow.
Kind of a fun thing to play with, or possibly helpful if pins wander off on you.

Judy, USMC
March 15th, 2016, 05:42 AM
For whomever asked the other night:
Yes, the glow-in-the-dark head pins do work. They do need to be exposed to light to make them activated.

That was ME. Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

MayinJerset
March 15th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Sorry for the double post, tried to delete one but it didn't work.

toggpine
March 15th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Judy, They are not super bright. It took my eyes a bit to adjust to the dark to see them.
I'd suggest that if you are going to use them for the "search feature", that you do it as soon as you turn off the light. The glow lasted at least five minutes, but it was dimmer when I walked back by my sewing room. (Sorry, I wasn't staying up to see how long the glow would last.)