PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Owl

Neller
March 14th, 2016, 12:00 AM
I'm posting early tonight. Things have been kind of slow here since we got back from Portland. I was feeling so motivated before we went, and now I need a good kick in the tush to get going. I bought a new sewing table a month ago and finally the plexi-glass insert is ready to pick up. I'll be sewing on a flat surface for the first time since I used my Mom's old Singer Feather weight when I was in high school ( a loooong time ago!). I need to put the border on my Square in a Square Quilt but I have been procrastinating since I don't know if it is going to look right, or if I'll have enough piano keys to go around. I have some other fabric I can use if I have to, and just make a partial border with piano keys.

Our weather has been mostly rainy and I am impatient for summer and warmer weather to be here. I hope every one had a good weekend and that you all will have a great week ahead of you!

redcaboose1717
March 14th, 2016, 12:33 AM
I took a embroidery class today....kind of a refresher class. It was nice, there were just 3 people that took the class ( 2 others and myself )
When Hubs goes to bed, I am going to get out the embroidery unit and play some more ! The class was so much fun !

Cokie
March 14th, 2016, 12:44 AM
I worked on my crosswalk quilt this weekend. I have all the blocks sewn and trimmed now, and the first two rows sewn together. I have to say, I am liking it better than I thought I might at first. But if that quilt could talk, it would be whispering, "Finished is better than perfect," because that's what I've been telling myself as I've worked on it! Otherwise, it was a quiet weekend at home, which was nice. Rainy today and supposed to rain quite a bit this week, I think. Pretty typical for March. Hope you all have a good evening!

kimsophia
March 14th, 2016, 01:34 AM
It was a rainy weekend in Iowa, too. Today I mostly sewed on the Easter Egg sampler but I also worked a bit on the winter biscornu. I watched a "30 for 30" episode that was very gripping. That is an ESPN documentary series. I sorted through some beads and generally dinked around today, which was fine by me. Next I'm going to make some egg salad. The fun never stops. ;-) Happy stitching to all.

Judy, USMC
March 14th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Started out rainy, worked on my quilting related project, took a late afternoon nap, woke up to hubby announcing the refrigerator isn't working. Spent the evening measuring the refrigerator, door and gate sizes. It will have to come through the house so I'll have to move furniture. Off to see what's available on-line at the various retailers. Lucky there's Sears, Lowes & Home Depot all in town.

mischiefkat
March 14th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Started out rainy, worked on my quilting related project, took a late afternoon nap, woke up to hubby announcing the refrigerator isn't working. Spent the evening measuring the refrigerator, door and gate sizes. It will have to come through the house so I'll have to move furniture. Off to see what's available on-line at the various retailers. Lucky there's Sears, Lowes & Home Depot all in town.
That's a real bummer sorry. kathy

toggpine
March 14th, 2016, 02:05 AM
Who Hoo! The last load of fabric is in the dryer! (We did loose power for a few hours today with these high winds.)

We are turning in after the weather report tonight. Early-to-bed-birds!

stationarymom
March 14th, 2016, 02:13 AM
Hoot hoot sounds like everyone had productive days today.I got most of the house cleaned today.I had to run out to Wally's to buy a new mattress topper it cost almost $80 for a memory foam one for a twin bed.We went to a Birthday party at 10:30 this morning.After that we went grocery shopping for the week.

Granny Judy
March 14th, 2016, 02:27 AM
Spent the day at home cooking with the slow cooker. checking my stash for a certain color I needed for a 30's fabric quilt.. The rain and cooler temps Kept me inside instead of taking the dogs for a walk.. Now that is lazy!! : )

I was just lazy all day... the time change had me off balance..

MayinJerset
March 14th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Wasn't able to give you all a Hoot last night as I slept right through until 5:30 this morning. Still dark out, wonder what time daybreak will be now that we're on DST?

Sleeping all night isn't what it's cracked up to be, took me quite a bit of time to stretch out my body so I could get up from the bed.

judimccl
March 14th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Oh Judy, definitely not a good way to wake up from a nap! Hope you have luck finding a refrigerator. :icon_wave: