• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Wednesday

Good Morning my friends, welcome to Wednesday.
    I will be offline probably the rest of this week. Between work and then the holiday bash, then time with Mom, I don't think I will be able to visit.

This will be the first Thanksgiving my DD has "entertained" on her own and she is starting to panic. LOL. Of course, Sis and I will be there after work today to help her finish getting set up and then in the morning we will be over there as well. Poor DD is learning how to organize and delegate. She has the perfect home floorplan for entertaining - much much nicer than mine. But the main thing is that she has the desire to reach out to folks and help them. There will be over 25 folks coming over, not all family - some young kids who are from a local home for children. She has been volunteering with kids since she was a teen. These kids need all need a home. We had a foster child for a few years who was like a sister to my daughter.
    Y'all take care to have a marvelous time with family, friends. I know you won't forget to be thankful for all the many freedoms we still have.

Off to get ready for work and the race will be on!

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• MRoy
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2011

Re: Wednesday

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Beakkmom
      The Guild President
      • Nov 2011

Thanksgiving Blessings to All my sisters of the cloth! Today we get serious about baking and setting up the extra table in the dining room for the feast. I was better at delegating this year, which will allow me more time to visit with everyone 20-something, not sure how many significant others may have been invited this year. My two little grands will be the highlight of the day.

I have so much to be thankful for each and every day!

Lin

Comment

• Monique
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2011

Blondie, Myrna and Lin and everyone else HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Have a wonderful time with family and friends. Now just to decide which house I will be coming to, mmmmm.

Believe it or not, I might make another tote today. I know you don't believe that.

It is a winter wonderland out there this morning. Pretty white and freezing rain also expected. Well I bet you can guess where I won't be, until this evening. It will all be gone by then.

Happy Wednesday everyone.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• quiltingtrish
          Banned
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2009

Happy Pre-Turkey day everyone!
          Need to food shop today, just waiting for the heavy rains to stop or slow down. Not sure what time we'll eat - I work around if the kids want to get a 2nd meal at their friends house which they always seem to want to do.
          Sometime today I will be tracing patterns on a Block of The Month I started. The package came yesterday and I'm very excited since it's my first large applique project like this. It's the Heartland Quilt from Stitchin'Heaven. I've always wanted to try something like this and finally found one I think I will stick to to the end. The 1st block alone has 56 pieces in it. Yikes! I do think it's the perfect thing for me to sit and sew on through the winter since I like applique and hand stitching.
          Well - off to make the food list and get the day moving. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Comment

• quilter.martha
            Missouri Star
            • May 2011

Morning all, and happy pre-thanksgiving day to you all. I woke up late this morning--we had a late night getting our DD picked up at the airport. The foul weather in the east caused her to miss her connecting flight home but thankfully she got on the next flight on stand by. Picked her up at 11 PM and didn't make it home until 12:30 this morning. The weather here hit just as we were driving the last 20 minutes. So far its just rain, of which I am very thankful!

So today is a prep day for most of us I assume. Have fun baking pies and rolls, and setting the tables. It all comes with the special day tomorrow!

Love to you all.
            When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• mianmom
              Binding Belle
              • Aug 2011

Happy Thanksgiving all! Today will our turkey day! Because DH has to work tomorrow. Thats ok I will be abe to sew the day away, pending DD.

I hope you all have a very safe and filling holiday! And dont forget to rest a little for all those who will be out shopping on black friday!
              Happy Quilting :icon_wave:

Comment

• Granny Judy
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2011

Apron on ad rattling the pots & pans!! It's gonna be a feast day around here. Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving and for those who don't celebrate--- A Happy UN-Thanksgiving.
                Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                :icon_wave:

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2011

Hi everyone,

A very sincere Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope the time with family and friends will be peaceful and blessed.

I am hosting with DD#1 this year and we are splitting the food prep. Feast in my home so a bit of cleaning needed today. But I have three big sons and what are they for except to help me clean? Oh, and they are here to eat, too.

It's a beautiful, sloppy wet wonderland outside today. I hope it lasts through tomorrow. Fresh snow is so pretty.

Love to you all!

Cyndi
                  Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• Loonwatcher
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2011

Good Morning.

Here's wishing you all the blessing and love that Thanksgiving, family and friends brings. I am thankful for so much; probably the same things most of you are. Woke to 6-8" of the white stuff this morning. I don't mind snow (although I did have to hunt for the snow shovel) but I sure hope the predicted sleet and rain don't make it this far north.

Have a lovely and safe holiday!

Hugs,
                    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• oldgurl4
                      The Guild President
                      • Jan 2011

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!

Well It's the Day before Thanksgiving....
                      when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
                      Wait!
                      That's the X-mas story...
                      Ooopsss!
                      N-E-V-E-R-M-I-N-D

Well I'm at work....and will Be at WORK again tomorrow.

THANK-God I don't have to Plan the Cooking this Year!

I just hope they don't BURN MY KITCHEN!

~Have a Happy, Blessed, Productive, Rested, and BEAUTIFUL, Safe Day~

Today I found Out where Pumpkin Pie comes From......
                      making pumpkin pie.jpg
                      :icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

• shirleyj
                        Rotary Pro
                        • Feb 2011

Happy Thankgiving Day to everyone. Enjoy yourselves, eat all you want and don't worry about the calories or the bulging tummy. LOL
                        shirleyj

Comment

• meemeecyn
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2011

We had a wet heavy snow overnight and for the first time in a long time lost our electricity at 5:30 this morning. It just came on and before I start cooking for tomorrow, I wanted to get on the Forum and wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and pray that all that are in pain (of any kind) find some comfort and peace. I am so thankful for each and every one of you.
                          Hugs to all,
                          Cynthia

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oldgurl4 View Post
                            Today I found Out where Pumpkin Pie comes From......

HA HA HA HA - I'm not the only one Santa is putting on his Naughty List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2011

I fully agree with Sandy... Sandy and OldGurl are in trouble! LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X