PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Sunday

mario1360
March 13th, 2016, 10:54 AM
it is a glorious day here, sun and soft breeze, about 10 Celsius to expect today. Had a bad night with shingles but when I got up and saw my sewing machine and some of my new piecing the pain subdued....is that possible or I'm I going crazy????
Everyone have a love filled day, if you are alone love yourself, it works.

KarenC
March 13th, 2016, 11:06 AM
I'm glad to hear that your sewing has such a positive impact for you. It lifts my spirit also, when I can just sit and sew. I never thought I could get hooked on quilting, but glad I did.

Cokie
March 13th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Oh, shingles! I went thru that about a year ago - no fun! I'm glad your sewing brings you some relief. I'm sure your positive attitude helps too.

easyquilts
March 13th, 2016, 11:45 AM
We are in for a cool, rainy day... But, that's OK... All the better for quilting... Right?

I don't drive anymore....glaucoma..... The woman I ride to church with is sick, do I missed.... I miss seeing my church family... Oh well, I'll see some if them at the Wednesday Bible Study....

So.... Today will be devoted to sewing and baking cookie bars for my grandsons... Nit a bad day, at all...

Blessings to you sll...

Bubby
March 13th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Sewing is my sanctuary and my happy place. It's good for the soul and when your soul is doing well it's good for all of you.

Wishing Everyone a Happy Sunday!!

Monique
March 13th, 2016, 02:25 PM
It is a beautiful day here today with sunshine. Maizyn and I were out for a walk earlier. The snowbanks are still pretty high around here and the park was still hard to access. She did not wake up until almost 10:30 this morning. I guess she needed the sleep. I want to sew but not sure if I can accomplish that with Maizyn around.

Have a wonderful day friends.

toggpine
March 13th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I'm down to the last loads of all of the fabric I am keeping/redistributing from that inherited stash. Whew!
Sis came and took what yarn she wanted. I may run what is left down to my neighbor and see if she has any interest in any if it. Then I'll bundle up the rest and see if the school wants it, and if not, I'll take it to the crafty ladies at the library. Whatever is left will go to the community thrift store.

Hubby had the day wrong for the high wind warning. It is for today into tonight. So now is all in a twist over things that haven't happened yet. Don't get me wrong, we are prepared for most situations. He asked me if I was planning on going anywhere tomorrow.
"Not really, why?
I just want to make sure you will be home to run the generator. "
Uhh, ok. How about we cross that bridge when the wind blows? If the power is out I usually change plans and stick close to home, as that means the electric fences are down. I like to make sure every critter stays on the farm. Whatever. I love him for being concerned about the family. Although I think it has more to do with him missing The Walking Dead if the power goes out....

I'm going to go get that yarn bundled up for the neighbor, and he can deal with this in his own way.

judimccl
March 13th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Sorry to hear those shingles are still bothering you. Will say some prayers. Yes, it is amazing, but I find when I am bothered by something, if I head to my sewing machine it seems to relax me and calm me down. Don't know why that happens, but am sure glad it does! :icon_wave: