PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Owl

toggpine
March 13th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Sis came for a visit today. She picked through the yarn and chose what she could use. Then we laughed ourselves silly looking through the knit & crochet pattern books from the 60's & 70's. Some of those things would have explained many children's nightmares.

I had real laundry to get through today, as the family was going to need some clean clothes for the week. I think I have two or maybe three more loads of fabric and that project is done. Then I get to actually do some cutting and sewing to make something with all of it!

Eric was out working on the chicken coop. Once he gets it repaired, we can order our chicks. He was in no hurry for the chicks, but he really wants the turkeys. That is motivating him to get the repairs done. I will be happy to have a steady supply of home grown eggs and the kitchen scrap disposers back. They will eat everything but potatoes. Between the chickens and the dogs, we rarely throw food in the garbage.

We are under a strong wind advisory tonight along with the regularly scheduled rains. Projected gusts could reach 70 MPH. That would do some damage to trees, roofs, and pretty much anything that is not anchored down. Thankfully the chainsaw is filled with new gas and the chain is sharp, just in case.

I think this is going to be an early night for this owl. I'm dragging this evening and we 'loose' an hour tonight. Ugh, like I need any help with loosing time!

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Happy Hooting!
Hugs, Cathy

kimsophia
March 13th, 2016, 02:26 AM
I would love to know what was in those pattern books! :D

Judy, USMC
March 13th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Happy it was in the mid-70's today. A light breeze made it a perfect day.

Funny you should mention old magazines. I still have mom's old Workbasket magazines. I can crochet with yarn but how she made those beautiful dresser sets with the Knit-Cro-Sheen is beyond my capability. And I also have the hankies my aunt put the tatting on. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

I hope that hour we missed doesn't affect y'all that much ... by being late for things, I mean. But I know I'm going to appreciate that extra hour of daylight! 5am - very late to my nest!