PDA

View Full Version : Early Night Owl Gets the Worm

kimsophia
March 13th, 2016, 01:45 AM
Hootie hoot! How are you? I have been working on my winter biscornu project today. I dropped a tapestry needle and I think it is inside my recliner. I dragged everything out and I can't find it. But, I vacuumed behind the chair, so that was good. I wish my vacuum cleaner reached the baseboards.

What's up in your tree? @,@

stationarymom
March 13th, 2016, 01:54 AM
Hoot there isn't anything shakin in this neck of the woods.I cleaned house today and have more to accomplish tomorrow also.We need to be at a BDay party in the morning at 10:30,I don't know why it has to be so early.I'm still getting the room ready for my dad I thought I would have finished today.

toggpine
March 13th, 2016, 02:01 AM
Well, I did it again.
I started a post, and then switched the laundry, came back and finished typing, and Pop! up comes Kim's.
*sigh*
Then there are nights nobody posts one! Oh well!

Kim, I hope you sucked up the needle with the vacuum, and you don't find it the hard way. I hate finding pins that way.
I bought a box of the glow-in-the-dark head pins. I haven't had a chance to try them out, but they sounded like fun. The notions were 50% off, so I bought a box for my birthday, or if I don't get around to opening them before, they can go in my Christmas stocking. In theory, they are supposed to help you find them if you drop one. We'll see.

I'm going to go serge the last few pieces of fabric, and then turn in. I have about 30 minutes left on my audiobook, that ought to be about right.

Sweet dreams quilty friends! C

Hulamoon
March 13th, 2016, 02:18 AM
I used to serge before washing,Now I just cut and tear it off after washing to get that straight line. Try it with one to see how it works. Less thread and time.

toggpine
March 13th, 2016, 03:36 AM
She used pinking shears or blade to cut the fabrics, so some of them are going in like that. That is creating a LOT of lint in the washer and dryer. Most of the fabric looks to have been washed before and the few pieces I tried tossing in "raw" lost even more fabric. I was up to about half an inch in places.
It does take time, but I end up with a neater end product. I am using the cheap J-store brand of cone thread for fabric prep. I wait for them to be half off, or a coupon I can't use on anything else, and pick up a neutral cone here and there. With the three thread narrow hem, you can leave the threads in and cut to the edge. They will be hidden in the seam allowance.

MayinJerset
March 13th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Was having a strange dream, woke up with a start, jumped out of bed and jumped ahead one hour in time so now what do I? Really hungry. Since we had a big meal at my sister's birthday luncheon DH and I pretty much skipped dinner and just had some tea and Irish soda bread. Also fell asleep early and now at 5am I'm up and hungry! Will settle for some juice because if I eat a lot right now I'll have another strange dream later. Sun will be up soon so I think I'll read a bit and have some breakfast when it is officially Sunday morning. Family will be over around 2 for DH's Bday - nothing special ordering some sandwiches, I made a green salad and coleslaw and DGD C is bring a cake. Would like to add some fresh fruit, depends if I have time to get to the farm market this morning.

Judy, USMC
March 13th, 2016, 06:21 AM
I'm right with you on the time May - almost 5:30 here. Funny you should mention breakfast. Steve just woke up and asked what I was going to make and I was heading off to my nest. Kind of a ships-that-cross-in-the-night thing.

I am thankful for an extra hour of sunshine. Love the natural light.

Question about the glowing heads; do they have to be exposed to light before they can glow? I know I had some thread that glowed only after light exposure. Had to keep it in a drawer until I needed it. Otherwise the first couple of feet of stitching gave me an eerie glow.

Definitely off to my nest now ...

kimsophia
March 13th, 2016, 06:49 AM
I have been sidelined with the cutest little stuffed animal project. It is this mini Jack Russell terrier:
Nuno life: Mini dog (http://nuno-runo.blogspot.com/2008/01/mini-dog.html)

Somehow mine looks like a Corgi, but it was my first ever attempt. 127623127624

Judy, USMC
March 13th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Sew tiny and so adorably cute! Love it.

Grampz
March 13th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Hoot Hoot all family members including the furry four legged ones safe and sleeping soundly, I have 3 projects going. The sewing table is strewn with fabric & supplies. Reading the Block magazine I received in the mail yesterday and LOVING it

Grampz
March 13th, 2016, 08:10 AM
They are cute! I want one for my office. lol

toggpine
March 13th, 2016, 03:57 PM
We lost power last night. It must have been someone smacking a pole. Eric had the forecast wrong. The high wind advisory is for today into tonight. So now he is out fretting around worrying about things that haven't happened. He is already wondering if I am going to be home tomorrow to run the generator. Ugh.
Kim, your puppy is cute!
May, I hope DH has a great, low-key birthday!