PDA

View Full Version : Happy house today...

Cokie
March 12th, 2016, 05:57 PM
I have been working on my crosswalk quilt this afternoon. Just took a little break from standing at the iron. Was supposed to rain today but looks like it won't be coming in until later, although it's kind of cloudy. DH is sleeping in the recliner with the cat on his lap, and DS is sleeping on the couch. Both of them are snoring quietly off and on. They have a baseball game on the TV (and if I turned it off, they'd both wake up and swear they were watching it!). We have some steaks marinating in the fridge for a cook-out in a little while. It's just a nice, content feeling at my house today.

LauraP
March 12th, 2016, 06:36 PM
love those kind of days. Makes up for the ones where the guys are on your last nerve:)

alliek
March 12th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Yes, those kind of days are a treasure. You are not concerned with anyone's illness,happiness,safety or finances. Just an easy day. The blessings are always in the little treasures of our life. Enjoy!

oldsewer
March 12th, 2016, 09:20 PM
How's your crosswalk quilt coming along? I'm thoroughly bogged down with mine.

Cokie
March 12th, 2016, 09:46 PM
My crosswalk quilt is coming along. I have half of the blocks sewn and cut to size. They ended up being 7 1/8" which is a strange size but I am able to consistently get that size block. I am working on sewing the triangles to the strips for the other half of the blocks. I hope to finish that sewing tonight and then trim the blocks to size tomorrow. Then I can start putting the squares together. I do find myself getting frustrated now and then but I just walk away for a while and remind myself that I don't have a deadline, and this is supposed to be FUN - LOL! Sorry you're bogged down with yours. What are you having trouble with?