PDA

View Full Version : update on Preston....

bubba
March 12th, 2016, 04:59 PM
A while back I posted if anyone wanted to send postcards to a little guy with cancer, to please do so. I know several of you did.

Yesterday, my daughter told me that after tests to see if he could be accepted to a clinical trial, he was denied because they have found new tumors on his spine, the ones he had in his brain have grown and he has new ones there as well.

He is now in stage four and they don't expect him to live to go on his Make a Wish trip. I don't know this little guy, but it is so very sad. No parent should have to go thru something like this. I thank the powers that be my children and theirs are all healthy.

Simply Quilting
March 12th, 2016, 05:07 PM
:( So sad. I will be keeping him and his family in my prayers.

Thank you for the update.

judimccl
March 12th, 2016, 05:27 PM
I will say prayers for the little fellow and his family. Just so sad when it happens to the young ones. I often tell my children that until we read something like this we don't know how lucky we are with our children. We need to thank God every day.

bubba
March 12th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Just got off of facetime w/my daughter. She just spoke to her friend who told her that Preston had a serious seizure last night and is now in ICU in a drug induced coma, his brain is swelling, and he is hooked up to all sorts of things and probably won't make it thru the weekend.

Her friend said prayers are welcome if you are so inclined to do so.

Thank you.

Cokie
March 12th, 2016, 05:38 PM
This is heartbreaking! I will keep them in prayer.

geegeequilts
March 12th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Will pray for his passing to be peaceful & for the parents to be strong. God Bless the family.

Gina

Judy, USMC
March 12th, 2016, 06:26 PM
So sorry to hear about this turn ...

pcbatiks
March 12th, 2016, 06:28 PM
So terribly sad......prayers of peace for this family.

Thank you for the update, Pat.

dwil23
March 12th, 2016, 07:24 PM
I am so sorry to read this. I have wondered how he was doing. I agree this is something that no parent should ever have to face and those of us fortunate enough not to should Thank God every day and not take one of them for granted. We never know when we will walk in their shoes. Prayers for peace and comfort for him and his family.

alliek
March 12th, 2016, 07:46 PM
This is a heart breaker. Preston will be in my prayers throughout. God bring peace and love to his family.

auntiemern
March 12th, 2016, 07:59 PM
How very sad. Prayers being said for this little man and his family.

Nidan_07
March 12th, 2016, 08:08 PM
I am so very, very sad for this little man and his family. Lost for words, really.

Sandy Navas
March 12th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Saying prayers and shedding tears . . .

sewbizzy
March 12th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Sending prayers for him and his family...

Midge
March 12th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Heartbreaking to think of any family losing a cherished child to cancer. Prayers for a peaceful death and a circle of comfort for the family.

stationarymom
March 13th, 2016, 02:23 AM
Pat how terrible,I will keep Preston and his parents in my prayers.

Monique
March 13th, 2016, 09:47 AM
So TERRIBLY sad. Sending prayers and hugs for the family.

Grandma G
March 13th, 2016, 12:59 PM
So sad to read the update on Preston. Prayers for this little guy and his family. What a terrible thing it is to lose a child. Thanks for keeping us updated.