PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl's day off plans go astray

MayinJerset
March 12th, 2016, 03:40 AM
Plan was to quickly finish my latest quilt, it just needed another line or two of straight quilting and then adding the binding but my machine had other ideas. First the needle broke or fell out several times, got that fixed and then the bottom stitches began to pull. Sometimes in the middle of a project my machine decides it doesn't like the bobbin thread. By that time I was in no mood to wound some new bobbins and re-thread the machine once again so the project was put away for a day or so as it was quickly turning my Day Off into a disaster. After I finish this quilt cranky Miss Pfaff is going to the shop for maintenance.

Judy, USMC
March 12th, 2016, 04:17 AM
I can sympathize May ... sometimes all you can do is walk away before you pitch the machine out the window.

My 5 page spreadsheet project is very near completion. I wanted to give you other owls the first shout out ... I need a couple of proofreaders. 5 pages of data - mostly numbers - and I think it would involve a minimum of couple of hours. You would need Works Spreadsheet or Excel. You would also need all the Block magazines (hard copy preferred.)

If you are up for it please hoot a pm to me!

MayinJerset
March 12th, 2016, 05:11 AM
Sorry Judy I don't have the programs needed. Sounds like an interesting project, Good Luck.

Time for me to hit the sack, got to get an early start in the morning.

kimsophia
March 12th, 2016, 05:20 AM
I got some seed beads and variegated thread today for my sampler project. I've never used beads in a sewing project before. I also found some cool books at Goodwill. One is on floral wreath making, another two are cookbooks and the last is an introduction to different sewn crafts. It is very basic but it has some history of needlework, which interests me. I still haven't read all the books I got from Goodwill last time so I restrained myself. :)

redcaboose1717
March 12th, 2016, 05:23 AM
Sorry to here about your sewing problem. It happens to all of us from time to time.
So, your machine gets a couple of days at the Sewing Shop Spa !!

I am cutting and making sashes for the Pinwheel Friendship Quilt......I think the Sashing from the tut Jenny did yesterday, would look awesome on the Friendship Pinwheel Quilt !

Here's the Friendship Pinwheel Quilt tutorial ( was posted Feb 4,2016 )
https://youtu.be/JVva-OjTzqA

Here's this week's NEWEST tutorial ! I want to use the sashing with the Friendship Pinwheel Quilt.
https://youtu.be/ZrUOLYUmWb4

Wouldn't this sashing from this week's tutorial look awesome on the Friendship Pinwheel Tutorial ???