PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and good wishes for Tommy, please

cyndiofthevortex
March 11th, 2016, 11:03 AM
We are near the end. It is very hard. He wakes only to say, "I want to rest. I don't know how to start. What do I do?"

I know you're all out there for Tommy, for me and for my whole family. Please especially pray and send good thoughts today. DS Nancy and I will be alone all day with no one coming from the aid agency. It's not good timing. We need peace and strength and we need to be brave.

ceiliam
March 11th, 2016, 11:10 AM
I am so sorry for you and your family, prayer being sent your way. Also wishing you peace

EsGrandma
March 11th, 2016, 11:10 AM
You are in our prayers - we will be thinking of you throughout the day and night and wish that we could be there to help. Dear friend, please take care of yourself. Love the quote that you have (Victor Hugo) posted - Linda

MayinJerset
March 11th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Keeping the vigil is bittersweet, you don't want them to leave but know it's their time. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

susie i
March 11th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I will have you and your family in my prayers.

asta
March 11th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Bouse
March 11th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I was thinking about Tommy this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

EnumclawGramma
March 11th, 2016, 11:59 AM
There really are no words I can say to express my heart for you and your family right now. Keeping you and your family in thought and prayer. I am glad you have your sister, and I am glad she has you.....

geegeequilts
March 11th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Cyndi

When my MIL took a turn for the worse her hospice nurse told the family to tell MIL was "in transition" and for us to say to MIL that it was okay, she taught us well on how to manage & that we would take care of everything. My FIL had just passed 3 weeks before & you could tell she wanted to go & be with him. That was @ 4 in the afternoon & when all the children & grandchildren had said goodbye, she passed peacefully around 10:00 that night.

So Cyndi, maybe Tommy is telling you that it's time for you all to rest..that he's ready, you know he's tired. Say your goodbyes & pray for a peaceful acceptance. Remember God has his arms around you all.

My prayers for you & Nancy.

Gina

redcaboose1717
March 11th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Cyndi.....prayers being said....for Tommy & your family.

Ginny B
March 11th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Cyndi, Tommy, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy, USMC
March 11th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Wishing you all strength during this difficult time.

Simply Quilting
March 11th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Cyndi, prayers for Tommy, you and the family.

judimccl
March 11th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Praying for Tommy to have a peaceful passing, and asking God to wrap his arms around you all and give you some comfort during this sad and very emotional time.

songbird857
March 11th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Oh Cyndi, praying for all of your family right now...

Kaytessa
March 11th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Praying peace for all of you, strength to get through this , and comfort to know the battle is over for Tommy. May you and your sister have more than enough to continue.

KPH
March 11th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Prayers for peace and comfort as Tommy transitions to a place with no more pain or suffering.

bubba
March 11th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I'm so very sorry for what you are going thru as MM and I went thru the same with his mother, whom we lost to ovarian cancer.

I didn't know how to put into words, but was going to say exactly what Gina said. Your brother really does need to know that it is okay and that you and your sister (and others) will be okay. The hospice worker (who are angels on earth!!) told us that it puts them at ease hearing those words.

As always, I'll be thinking of Tommy today.

jjkaiser
March 11th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I share the sadness you and your sister are feeling. It is so hard to let go and say goodbye. He sounds like he is ready, and at peace. Be brave and know we are all thinking of you.

Bubby
March 11th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I'm sending prayers your way that Tommy will pass peacefully and everyone who loves him will have peaceful acceptance.

Sandy Navas
March 11th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Sending comforting thoughts and prayer - it's never easy, but know that he's in the best hands right now. Remember the good times!

MRoy
March 11th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Sending prayers for a peaceful home-going for Tommy and comfort for you and your family. (((HUGS)))

toggpine
March 11th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Prayers for peace.

pcbatiks
March 11th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Sending comforting hugs & prayers for peace for each of you.

dwil23
March 11th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Prayers for you all, dear Cyndi. In cases like this, I truly believe the anticipation of the moment is far worse than when he does leave and you will find comfort in knowing he is no longer in pain. I am glad you are there for your sister and she for you.

(((HUGS)))

quiltingtrish
March 11th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Praying for peace for all of you.

Cathy F
March 11th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Keeping you all in thought and prayer.

sewbizzy
March 11th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Cyndi, keeping Tommy in my prayers everyday....also including you and your family that God will give you strength....

bakermom
March 11th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Prayers for you and your family

KPH
March 11th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Been thinking about you and your family all day. Praying for peace and comfort.

amartin24
March 11th, 2016, 09:47 PM
I know full well what you are going through as I just went through it with my Mom last month. It is so difficult to see a loved one this way. Praying for peace and comfort to you and your family.

cv quilter
March 11th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Cyndi, my heart hurts for all of you. This is a difficult and heartbreaking time. I agree with geegeequilts. When my MIL was in the last stages of her illness (she was 92 and had so many ailments), she was in a nursing home and Fred, myself and her daughter were there with her. We all knew she wanted to "go home" because she told us so. She finally became pretty much unresponsive. Fred finally told her it was OK to go and we said our goodbyes. When Fred's sister came in, she told her the same thing. Shortly after, she stopped laboring for breath and just peacefully went. They know when it's time before we are ready, but I think we have to give them and ourselves permission to let go. Tommy knows he's tired. And he knows that Jesus is waiting to welcome him. Turn him over to God and find peace in knowing he is ready. I am so sorry for the pain you and your family are feeling, but I think Tommy knows it's time. I will pray for all of you.

auntiemern
March 12th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Prayers and hugs for all off you. I know how hard it is to let go...but you need to tell him it is ok. He will still be with you in memory and spirit.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
March 12th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Cyndi, in similar circumstances I have said that there is nothing they need to do, they have done everything, just rest. Your hospice folks can help here too -- remember you can call them on the phone even if a visit isn't scheduled. They can help you find a way to help Tommy leave you.

Hugs.

laura44
March 12th, 2016, 02:13 AM
I'm so sorry, praying for peace for Tommy, a better place is waiting for him.
Praying for you too.

stationarymom
March 12th, 2016, 02:35 AM
Cyndi you and your family are in my prayers.I know this is a very difficult time,I believe it is more difficult for the people left behind not for the dying.I don't know if Tommy needs your blessing before he passes but it may make it a little easier if he has them.All you can do now is keep each other company and support each other.Please make sure to take care of yourself it is very important.I was helped by knowing that my Mom would be pain free from that point on.