PDA

View Full Version : Hooting into Friday

kimsophia
March 11th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Hoot hoot! The Bulls lost! Oh well. They hung in there against the Spurs, anyway. It wasn't a blow out. And Hoiberg got his first technical foul complaining about a bad call. His first as an NBA coach, anyway! :D

I am focusing on the Easter Egg Hunt sampler, but I did do some Hardanger weaving on the winter biscornu yesterday. It worked out okay, so that's hopeful.

My early clump of daffodils is three inches high! :D

Hoot out your updates! @,@

Simply Quilting
March 11th, 2016, 02:37 AM
We have been enjoying some early spring weather around here. It feels so wonderful to have the windows open.

I created a new table runner pattern today. It looks really cool with the fabric. Then I had a not so grand time with some Christmas fabric that I had wanted to turn into a zigzag table runner - too few prints in the fabric line to make it look right. So I am turning them into placemates - I think.

Have a Hoot of an evening everyone :)

stationarymom
March 11th, 2016, 03:35 AM
Hoot hoot I spent the day trying to straighten up my fabric. I don't have enough space for it.My father is coming to visit for 2 weeks starting Tues. so I have to get the room that was going to be my sewing room cleaned up for him.I hope all the Owls are good tonight.We have been having some spring weather the last couple of days it rained today so I can't get the temp in my house below 73 my Dad will like that.

Granny Judy
March 11th, 2016, 03:41 AM
Woke up and just rummaging around.. found a snack and having a glass of milk..

Got to take my little buddy out for a walk today... he was so happy he forgot he was on a leash . kept trying to "mark" every thing he saw that was taller than himself. 127545

I spent a couple hours on hand quilting then working on a '"dog tooth" border... My first try at making a pieced border and I had to rip it several times. I think I'll have it conquered in another day. Then it can go to the LAQ to be done for the abuse center.

Other than enjoying the spring like weather, I haven't gotten my act together for planting anything this year. I miss having a large garden... as I moved in with my youngest DD.. but I like to do the large pots each year.. Little is better than nothing. right?

redcaboose1717
March 11th, 2016, 03:55 AM
Just had to get up to watch the NEW weekly tutorial....Love It !!!
I went to Jo-Ann's last night .....( Like I need more fabric ! ) and didn't find anything new, but did come home with the Country Classic Broadcloth that was on sale.

I love Daffodils.....it's still a little cold here for them.....!! I also love Irises and Tulips.....This year I am going to plant some more flowers in the yard. In our other house, I would get several flower packets ( 2-3 ) and mix them all together, germinate them, and then plant them on the side of our garage. It was amazing....I had flowers all spring & summer long ! I haven't done that here in this house....but I am thinking it's something I want to do this Spring. I also want the Hubs to put a split rail fence by the front sidewalk.....so I can plant other flowers & plants.....I can dream can't I ?

Judy, USMC
March 11th, 2016, 04:00 AM
Hoot, hoot y'all! Piddled around all day like a pinball. A little laundry, a little online shopping, paperwork, spreadsheet data, nap, cooking and dishes. Jack of All Trades/Master of None kind of day.

Just read today's DD post. Yes, it's true! $47,000. per tortoise will be spent to relocate approx. 1,200 of them. Past relocation indicates only about a 5% survival rate (according to the rescue center.) Definitely a polarizing issue. All I can do is shake my head.

toggpine
March 11th, 2016, 04:50 AM
More fabric washing today. Between loads I managed to vacuum and get some kits cut.
We are making fabric carrots in the after school sewing program. I pre-cut the bodies and green tops from felt. The kids will get to add the pre-cut fabric strips using the zig-zag stitch on the sewing machines. (Lord, help us!) Then they can hand sew decorative buttons or beads onto the fabric before we top stitch them together. They turn out pretty cute.
I have another load of laundry to switch and I think I'm heading for my nest.
Happy hooting! Cathy

MayinJerset
March 11th, 2016, 08:19 AM
You all have been busy Night Owls while I have been sleeping the night away. I've been dreaming of working on projects and flowers but so far they have only been dreams.

I see that Cathy has washed some more of her new found stash. The carrots for the kid's afterschool program sound really cute. What kind of school does your DD go to? Reason I ask is that they seem to have a variety of good school programs/projects.

Judy that is one cute little dog dressed up in his little jacket, he looks eager for another walk. Kim, sorry the Bulls lost but good luck to you and the other gals with your projects, would love to see the finished projects so post some photos.

Joan get that room ready so you and your Dad can have a good time while he is visiting. Any big plans for while he visits?

toggpine
March 11th, 2016, 01:03 PM
We have Em in our local public school. We are in a unique position in our school district. We are the farthest out, as we are near the end of the Key Peninsula. We have under 250 kids, and 70 to 75% of them qualify for the free or reduced lunch program. That is sad, but it does a few good things.
It qualifies our little school for special "high poverty funding", allowing us to keep our class sizes to about 20 kids per class by providing us extra teachers. We have some fabulous teachers and they have researched grants to fund technology in the class room. We have about reached a 1:1 ratio of Chrome Books or mini-iPad tablets to children through this program.
Our After 'Ours program is a coordinated effort with the YMCA to offer enrichment a couple of days a week for the kids. They offer after school care for the parents who work, and on Tuesdays there is academic help, and Thursdays are activities like our sewing.
The Hands On Art program is something available district wide. It is based on parent volunteers in each school teaching a pre-planned lesson to each class from K-5. It is a great way to get artist quality materials in the kids hands and let them be creative in a way that isn't built into the curriculum.
I dread her going to middle school. I don't think they have quite the caliber of teachers there, but we'll see. I have another year before I have to worry about that though.

stationarymom
March 12th, 2016, 03:21 AM
You all have been busy Night Owls while I have been sleeping the night away. I've been dreaming of working on projects and flowers but so far they have only been dreams.

I see that Cathy has washed some more of her new found stash. The carrots for the kid's afterschool program sound really cute. What kind of school does your DD go to? Reason I ask is that they seem to have a variety of good school programs/projects.

Judy that is one cute little dog dressed up in his little jacket, he looks eager for another walk. Kim, sorry the Bulls lost but good luck to you and the other gals with your projects, would love to see the finished projects so post some photos.

Joan get that room ready so you and your Dad can have a good time while he is visiting. Any big plans for while he visits?

Hi May
No def.plans yet.He wants to drive up to Maine to see a GrandNeice that he hasn't met yet,he also has a brother that lives on Loon Mtn in Lincoln N.H. that he wants to see.I'm guessing that might happen over one of the weekends that he's here.Other than that he still has some friends in the area so he'll probably meet one for breakfast and another for lunch and touch base.

MayinJerset
March 12th, 2016, 03:47 AM
Cathy your DD's school does have a generous enrichment program. I see that you volunteer a lot of time to help implement the program.

Joan, Have a good time while your Dad visits. It's good that he has some plans to see others and doesn't expect you to entertain him all of the time.