PDA

View Full Version : Thursday morning hellos

Blondie
March 10th, 2016, 07:55 AM

Hello Folksies!

So, it's Thursday, back to work day and honestly, I am looking forward to it today. The weather has been absolutely glorious this week and I have been making the most of it. Yesterday morning I worked in the yard again, went up to Sister's and helped her clear out some of her garden area. Her new roof was finished yesterday morning; she is thrilled. Next up for her is painting the outside. I am so thrilled for her. Mom's will be next. Each of us have a large yard. I am considering letting some of mine go back to nature - it is so large for us to maintain these days. I need to re-do my garden plans and haven't a clue. I sat under the big oak yesterday morning with coffee in one hand and old garden magazines in the other. My yard reflects me very well, just like my quilts do. A big old scrappy of colors and textures. As with many of you, my daff's have been blooming, my baby's breath is starting to bud out, along with my tulip tree, pussy willow, etc. Azaleas will be soon enough. How my man loves his azaleas!

After all the fresh air I got yesterday, I slept like a log last night. No nutty dreams at all. Just much needed deep deep sleep. I didn't want to get up!

Hope that each one appreciates the beauty of each season as much as I do. While winter is not my favorite season, I do love the graceful lines of the bare trees (from inside the house). Spring is just perfect, albeit pollen will be flying everywhere soon. As with everything else, have to take the good with the bad and it seems to me that the good always wins and comes out on top. Hugs, blessings and smiles to each one here.

EnumclawGramma
March 10th, 2016, 08:10 AM

Good Morning! Thursday! How did we get here so fast? Today is my long day on my own, DH goes to Middle Son Josh's house for dinner and Netflix right after work, and I have an extended day to do what I want. Shop, sew, clean, whatever! I've come to really enjoy my Thursdays! Thinking a trip to my Sister's house is in order. I've got a quilt to deliver, and it's been awhile!

MollieMae is on the mend and acting like my little moppet. I am SO relieved, just wish I knew what got her so down. Call me silly, but I prayed over this little dog. She is my joy and keeps me sane some days. I hate it when she's not herself. I know there are some of you who are as over the top as I am about your fur babies.

Me dentist appt yesterday went about as I expected. I don't think I'll ever get past my phobia of that place!

Off for more coffee and decide what's first! Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers all 'round!

Ginny B
March 10th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Good morning and happy Thursday. Blondie, I am right there with you in appreciating all four seasons. There is beauty in all of them. We have been thinking about our garden and yard plans too and I see some changes happening. This weekend we will be heading to a local yard and garden show and I am sure there will be inspiration and ideas from that trip. I am looking forward to spending time outdoors. It was pretty warm here yesterday and dh and I took our first walk of the season after work.

Should be a productive day at work. Not up against any deadlines or anything and just getting things done at a good pace. Part of it is working on scanning binders of info into files on the computer and then shredding all that paper. Each time another binder is done, I feel "lighter".

Libby, glad to hear Mollie Mae is getting back to herself and being your little moppet. Enjoy your "on your own" day.

Have a great day all.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 10th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Hello everyone I hope you have a nice day and are already seeing the spring and some stripe sun, rain here we continue untill Sunday seems we will not stop getting wet. Blondie says her garden is very large and for me that is so amazing because I live in such a small country that only people who are dedicated to the countryside and agriculture have some ground and does not create that much because we are many in little ground my house is, as I said once in a medieval town with narrow streets and behind that is where the kitchen have patios to separate houses, and I have enough room and my neighbor has a small garden with lemon tree and some flowers, but you see that are not your large space, although I must say that I was born in this town and Ive never wanted to go to live anywhere else, besides the work of my DH I am just over 20 km. Here send you some pictures of my people to be seen and also many smiles and wishes of happines, greetins127504127505127506127507

MayinJerset
March 10th, 2016, 09:07 AM
No bulbs or buds showing here but I have high hopes that I will be seeing a bit of color in the garden real soon. It's pleasant having the windows open during the day, even the car windows when out and about. Glad it helped to give Blondie a good night's sleep but it didn't work for me so I was Night Owling around 3-4 this morning. Got a bit more shut eye and now I'm up for the day.

When do you know you have a phobia about Dentists? When you go out of your way not to drive by there office when you don't have an appointment.

Taking DH out to lunch this afternoon as today is his 82nd BDay - Happy BDay Gene! Here's a photo of us at one of the granddaughter's weddings.127508

Grandma Nan
March 10th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Good morning everyone

I hope it is as nice out today as it was yesterday. Not a lot of sunshine but you could just feel and smell spring in the air. It made it to the low 60's here and the snow is disappearing quickly. I think we will get some rain today but that is ok as it just cleans things up after the winter.

Yesterday was a hard day for us. It was the one year anniversary since my mom passed away. Hard to believe it has been a year already. All those firsts are now over and hopefully it will be a bit easier this year but I don't think you ever get over that feeling of loneliness for someone you love. My sister, SIL and I took dad out for lunch and tried to keep him a bit occupied yesterday and help him get through the day. We went to the cemetery as well to bring flowers. All that emotion is stressing and tiring and last night I felt exhausted.

Today, sis and I are taking part 1 of a FMQ course, part 2 is in 2 weeks and then part 3, is 2 weeks after that. So should be lots of fun. It is being sponsored by our guild and being taught by Pat Lemare who is quite famous for her free motion quilting. Everyone says if you are going to learn FMQ this lady will be the one who can make it happen so I am thinking this will be "coming out". I do have a few tops to practise on once the class is over. I really do want to learn this so I am hoping I can just relax and let the creative juices take over my hands. Iy yi yi yi yi.

My daughter, husband and 2 boys are coming this weekend and I am very excited to see them. We haven't seen them since Christmas. Its also DD's birthday so we will have a little party. I need to get some groceries and stock up on snacks for the kids. My healthier eating plan since the New Year has not allowed any sugar treats, chips etc (of course) so I have to be strong. Its not been a problem so far as I really am practicing "mindful eating" and concentrating and thinking on what food I am putting in my body and its nutritional value. Refocusing the purpose of food, to fuel the body, has also caused change.

Should keep moving so I am not late for my class. You know, places to go and people to meet.

Have a great day and don't forget the smiles.

Patsquilting
March 10th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Good Morning, All: yes, spring is definitely in the air. The birds have been singing a different tune and at night, the frogs and other creatures are having a "hay-day". Except for my crocus - no other blooms. Daffs are sprouting so I know they will be soon. No tulips here, though, the deer love them and I am not going to feed them. I like to see my flowers. I usually start my seeds in my little greenhouse by now, but this year, NO. House goes on the market this weekend - moving south (looking at TN) as soon as house sells. Looking forward to it and getting excited even though lots of work ahead. Already started packing up unused stuff to (maybe) get ahead of the game. Oh, what to look forward to.

Spring - bring it on. Allergies and all - so looking forward to the beauty in this season followed by the beauty of the next. Have a terrific day everyone!

SewnByBee
March 10th, 2016, 09:48 AM

Hi friends. We have the most beautiful weather right now. Several days has been so nice sunshine and the warmth kissing your skin just makes you feel good all over. Of course minus the polin......my poor son.....he finally got on the allergy shots, but it's only been five months, so there not really making much a difference yet. He's allergic to grass, trees and weeds, all year round. He has a tough time especially when things first start blooming.
He loves the outdoors but the outdoors doesn't like him.....lol
Well have too do the whole Allegra D, singular, and Flownase routine as usual...... bless him.

Hope today is a grate day for you all. I'm going to try to get in some groceries before the monsoons arrive. Lot's and lot's of rain heading our way.

Prays for our friends with surgerys and loss and sickness. ♡

Enjoy the nice weather.............127510

Cathy F
March 10th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Morning all,
Happy Thursday! Boy, the weeks just seem to fly by. Another beautiful day here is Spring finally arriving?!

Libby, your Molly May is such a cutie. When our dog was alive I constantly worried over him every time I thought he wasn't acting right.
May- so nice to have a face to go with the name. Lovely picture of the two of you. Happy Birthday to your DH!

Off to the kitchen to bake a cake, teaching my class tonight how to ice a cake so I have to have one to show them!

Have a great day everyone.

irishrn
March 10th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Morning to all! It's been a while since I've been awake ahead of DH. I'm enjoying the quiet of the moment!
We definitely have spring here too! Yesterday was 70's and it was time to get DH outside a bit. Our neighbor had asked if he could come over to our yard to help get some of the winter clean up done on the fence we share. It allowed us to trim the trees and get up all the fallen branches from winter. DH was not happy. He insisted he could do it all and didn't need any help! But eventually he noticed that it was a lot easier with help. I was able to get to areas where leaves had piled up and was perfect tick hiding places. It was so nice to get it manageable! Poor Casey had to watch from the porch cause of the leaf blowers and saws being used. He wasn't happy!
DH was taken off his Celexa a week ago because of significant leg swelling. So he's now without anything for his mood swings. He's still on Namenda but that many be stopped if the leg swelling doesn't improve. This hasn't been an easy road as far as getting his meds right. Definitely a WIP! And so, I tread lightly!
So nice to see you all here even if it's once in a while! We all live busy lives, but the few mins I can spend here some days are so enjoyable!
Hope all are enjoying the sunny days! Hugs all around!

songbird857
March 10th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Morning all -
It's so nice to read about everyone's happenings :)
Beautiful country you live in, Uribarri - I have been to Portugal, next door to you - similar feel, I imagine.

So, naps have become my friend lately. I am not known to nap, but I'm trying to listen when my body tells me to rest. The doc said to continue to take it easy for a while. She must be right, because I'll do something, or go to the store, and I'm ready to sleep when I'm done!! It takes me all of 5 minutes to fall into a deep sleep, even in the afternoon - unheard of for me ;)
My goal over the next few weeks is to reorganize my sewing room - things have gotten a bit unruly...
I did buy the 'Snapshots' quilt kit that FQS had for 75% off this week. Ordered on Monday, got it yesterday - wow! It is with Daysail fabric by Bonnie and Camille, and oh my!! What a lovely line of fabric. I may just decide to use a different pattern with it because the cuts are sooo versatile (21 generous FQ's, as well as 8 yds of background and other fabrics for sashing and borders and binding). We'll see...
Ok, off to finish coffee, tackle various chores, and hit the sewing room :)
Have a great day all!

dwil23
March 10th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Good Morning, all!

Blondie, I hear you about all that yard work. I was never a fan, and now, no way! I pay a young guy I know to mow it and keep it somewhat under control. I got crazy a few weeks ago passing through the garden center at Walmart and picked up some flowers and bulbs to plant. Yeah. They smile at me from their pots next to the front door. What was I thinking? I want it look pretty - but I am not about to get out there and make it happen. The elderly lady next door (84) spends from sunup to sundown in her yard. Doesn't matter how hot or cold it gets.

Libby glad your furbaby is better - I don't think for a minute you are crazy to pray over her! They are members of our family.

Happy Birthday to Gene! Love your picture!

Waiting to hear from my Vintage Machine lady to see if today will work out to go and see a Singer Hand Crank she has for sale. Her 90 year old father also makes wonderful wooden bases for vintage machines and I want to get one of those for my pink Morse.

Hope you all have a Blessed Day - prayers for all

Monique
March 10th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Good morning everyone. I slept better last night but with such strange dreams. I did not get out of bed until almost 8. Naps, I usually have a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I had a great day at work, but did nothing after I got home except nap.

We are having really mild temperatures but there is still a lot of snow on the ground, so no gardening for a while. BUT I love the milder temps. It smells like spring is just around the corner.

I WANT to get into my sewing room today. Tomorrow we are going to pick Maizyn up and she will be spending the week with us. It is her March break.

Have a great day everyone.

Lyndaj
March 10th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Good morning everyone,

I have never posted in this thread as I usually don't have much to say, but thought I would chime in today.

Yes, the weather is stunning. DH and I had to remove the screens we had to place over the front garden (in order to keep the pesky squirrels from digging up my tulip bulbs), because the tulips are starting to come up. Yah!

Today, I start two projects 1) a Minion table runner (made from the Minions charm pack that I bought earlier this year from M*) and 2) the Star Wars quilt for DH that was supposed to be done for Christmas 2015 (long story).

Have a great day everyone,

Lynda

cv quilter
March 10th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Morni

Morning everyone. Quick note from AZ. Weather is absolutely gorgeous, sunshine, blue skies, no wind at the moment (that can change anytime), no health issues right now. All is good. Gonna work in my sewing room today to try to finish the quilt I'm making for our daughter. Want to get everything done except the binding because I'm waiting on the mailman to bring me the Scallops Vines and Waves ruler so I can do my first scalloped border on it. Wish me luck.
You all have a beautiful Thursday and enjoy the upcoming weekend.

GrammaBabs
March 10th, 2016, 11:46 AM
What a beautiful and happy picture!!! You look so perfect together... Thanks for sharing it... May you have many many more years together:))
No bulbs or buds showing here but I have high hopes that I will be seeing a bit of color in the garden real soon. It's pleasant having the windows open during the day, even the car windows when out and about. Glad it helped to give Blondie a good night's sleep but it didn't work for me so I was Night Owling around 3-4 this morning. Got a bit more shut eye and now I'm up for the day.

When do you know you have a phobia about Dentists? When you go out of your way not to drive by there office when you don't have an appointment.

Taking DH out to lunch this afternoon as today is his 82nd BDay - Happy BDay Gene! Here's a photo of us at one of the granddaughter's weddings.127508

Jean Marie
March 10th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Hi all, I don't usually post on here either, but always read it. I would put my picture next to my name but can't figure out how to do it!
The weather is great here in Phoenix, but hate to see the high eighties because I know the high 100's are coming! Lol . Summer here is your winter, as we stay in the house with our air on! Every year, for the past three my granddaughter and I fly to Wisconsin to visit relatives. We usually stay a month so we get a good break from the AZ sun. This year, Isabelle is 9 and I think we will leave earlier and do a road trip! I hope we have a good time driving and I will have a little more freedom with my own vehicle. You see, my mother is there and she can be a handful. She's never been a nice lady and age just makes her worse! Lol. Anyways, I can visit more relatives this way.
Oh I do miss the spring you all talk about and all of the spring flowers. My husband has started a rose garden and they are doing well. Roses seem to do well here and I love them. We also have some veggies growing. Although we have wonderful veggies at the grocery store year round, there's nothing like home grown tomatoes!
Well, need to get ready for a DR's appointment. Getting a new knee soon. Hope that goes well. Thoughts and prayers to all.
Jean

MayinJerset
March 10th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Happy to see new posters Lynda and Jean - hope you both stop by often to say Hello.

JCY
March 10th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Good Morning! (for another 5 min.!) It's beautiful here, too. Currently 72 deg. after a.m. frost & 28 deg. My crocuses have been blooming for a week or more. Tulips & daffodils are up several inches. I hope the squirrels will leave mine alone. I'm happy to have more daylight, but I'm not looking forward to DST. I heard a robin singing when I stepped out on the porch to get the paper at 5:45. More of the robins are showing up as they migrate north.

The house smells yummy of baking bread today. The 2nd loaf is in the oven. I make 1 loaf at a time in the bread maker on dough cycle, then bake in the stove oven.

The only sewing I got done yest. was to make a sample block of the next UFO I plan to quilt. I need to sew together some batting strips for the sample sandwich. I have a bag full of batting scraps. It will take several pieces to make it big enough, since it's a 16.5" block + 4" border strip.

I made an appt. today to see the orthopedic dr. next Mon. I'm having incr. pain & decr. range of motion in my L. shoulder. I hope it's just a "frozen shoulder" & exercises will work. I had a frozen shoulder many years ago. The therapy and home exercises were painful, but it eventually got better. This growing older is no fun!

Lyndaj
March 10th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Happy to see new posters Lynda and Jean - hope you both stop by often to say Hello.

Thanks. I will.

Update: Minion table runner top about half finished. Star Wars quilt... well, I made a mistake in cutting and now am looking for more fabric online. I bought it as a kit, and there isn't enough of the fabric I misscut to cut another piece. Sigh.