PDA

View Full Version : Have all the Night Owls flown to their nest?

stationarymom
March 10th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Hi Not much happening here today.We finally got some nice weather today it reached 74 degrees the dog and I spent most of the day outside.The only downside of the weather is my backyard is mostly mud right now and it makes such a mess.Are there any other Owls out tonight and if so what's happening in your world?

snippet
March 10th, 2016, 03:24 AM
I'm here for a bit. Rained a lot last night, so all is wet and very cool again. I haven't used my A/C in quite awhile! Love sleeping in fresh cool night air.

stationarymom
March 10th, 2016, 03:27 AM
I saw on the news that some places in Texas got so much rain so fast that people had to be evacuated by fire.

toggpine
March 10th, 2016, 03:31 AM
I am serging the edges of fabric and washing it. Lots of it.

All of the fabric smells like cigarette smoke. That is not something my sinuses handle well. So I either wash it all, or get rid of it. Some of it will make very cute pillow cases for Miss Ruby. Other pieces would be great for the kids at the school. So, wash it I will.

I am going to take the advice of some of the forum members in another thread and put crumpled up newspapers in the bins with the yarns to see if that will pull the smell out of them. I'd hang them outside to air out, but we are predicted to have mostly rain for the next week. Seeing as they have been right for the last 13 days, I'm going with wet.
If the newspapers, replaced regularly, don't work, then I will have to figure out how to wash some of it I want to keep. I think I could do it by laying it out in the bath tub and soaking it, lay it carefully in the washer tub and spin it, and then re-wrap it on my niddy noddy and let it air dry the rest of the way. It would be in hanks instead of commercial skeins, but at least it wouldn't smell. The yarn isn't my top priority, as it seems to have the least amount of stink.

I need to get back to it, or it will never get done. Happy Hooting everybody!
Hugs, Cathy

kimsophia
March 10th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Wow, that is a lot of work! Serging all that and washing it? Whew!

I've mostly been doing a lot of counted cross stitch and hardanger. It's fun but my eyes are tired now. Time to lie down in the nest! @,@

snippet
March 10th, 2016, 03:55 AM
I saw on the news that some places in Texas got so much rain so fast that people had to be evacuated by fire.

Yep, and it's raining again. It's a weird place when it comes to rain. Either it soaks in or it runs off and causes flooding - sink or swim. I can hear the raindrops falling from the trees onto the deck. It's such a sweet sound. I wish I had a tin roof on my house.

Judy, USMC
March 10th, 2016, 05:26 AM
No rain here ... we're already 8" over for the year so far. Hasn't rained in a couple of days but my yard still hasn't dried out. I squish when I walk.

Just posted asking for advice on a quilt I want to work on. There's one tricky layout I can't get straight in my head. Steve said to look into EQ7 but $190 to layout one little triangle makes absolutely no sense. Most of the time I can figure things out but I can't get the light to go on in my brain on this one.

Had to call the cable company again tonight. Seems they want to do all their TV cable maintenance at 3am when "most people" are asleep. Said it should be back up before 5. Hmmph ...

LauraP
March 10th, 2016, 05:29 AM
toggpine--why don't you hang the material on the clothesline and let the rain wash it. It wouldn't need to be serged since it wouldn't be agitated.
so far this week I've been lazy. Last week I busted butt getting presents done for the March birthdays so I deserve some down time. Went and got my nails and feet done and the edges trimmed on my hair today. Tomorrow it's back to the doc so he can tell me my new medicine is working. Friday I get to go to the LQS and sew with some new friends. Will be my second time there.

MayinJerset
March 10th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Beautiful day today, it's so nice to have the windows open and hear a bird or two, even saw Mrs. Rabbit hopping around our backyard but haven't seen any little ones coming out of her hutch under the shed. While our backyard isn't muddy like Joan's it is too wet to walk on to peek to see if there are any baby rabbits under the shed. Got a lot of little things done today, bills paid, phone calls made and sorting all the little notes I've made for myself.

Cathy it is fun to go through a big haul of donated fabrics but the fun begins to wane when you need to wash all of it. This Night Owl is getting sleepy so I'll take a spin around the forum, check the news and weather and be ready to take my 2nd half of the night's sleep. 127499

Carol336
March 10th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Oh my goodness Cathy - you certainly have your work cut out for you. Good luck.

Heading for the beach today for our annual dance club weekend.....lots of dancing, partying, dancing, eating, dancing, shopping, dancing, laughing and just generally having a great time with great friends....oh and did I mention - DANCING. A bunch of old farts trying to dance like we did when we were teenagers....quite a sight to behold - LOL

I was able to crank out a couple more of the dance bags, not sure if I'll donate them or sell them.