PDA

View Full Version : You know spring is around the corner when....

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 9th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Driving this morning, the snow from last week's storm is melting. Potholes abound. The air smells, not so fresh. AND, there's the smell of a skunk in the burbs. The house finch have joined the cardinals, chickadees and other birds andfeeding at our feeders. Driving by a field, we observed a flock of wild turkeys...NO. Canada geese are coming home. Could it be they know something we don't, or simply fleeing the bad weather in the US. How do you know spring is almost here?

pcbatiks
March 9th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Well, I know spring is here because my red car turned orange this weekend from pollen! :D

Sylvia H
March 9th, 2016, 11:53 PM
The daffodils in the corner of my yard have pushed up, actually, weeks ago. Pretty early this year, but it has been a mild winter in my area.

songbird857
March 9th, 2016, 11:54 PM
Unseasonably mild here today and for the next few days...
It hit 76 today, and should be close to 60 over the next 4 days... what a teaser of things to come!

Carlie Wolf
March 10th, 2016, 12:16 AM
I had my first crocus flower two days ago!!

dwil23
March 10th, 2016, 01:34 AM
Pollen, azaleas are blooming and it is nearly 90 in the afternoon. UGH. Spring is okay, but summer follows way too soon.

bubba
March 10th, 2016, 01:36 AM
I know because I started taking allergy pills again :(

SallyO'Sews
March 10th, 2016, 02:27 AM
Robins in my yard!

carolynrae
March 10th, 2016, 02:51 AM
I sneeze a lot when I go out and have blossoms on my peach tree.

LauraP
March 10th, 2016, 05:36 AM
I agree with Bubba. But local lore is that spring is here when the turkey buzzards return. We have seen a few so far.

RockinLou
March 10th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Well, it is unseasonably warm very early this year. I know it's spring because my students are restless and irresponsible!

The sun is up before we go to work, and stays up long enough for me to take an evening walk. Then, later this month, we have Spring Break, which is always the same week because in Kazakhstan the "New Year" is the start of spring and it is a BIG holiday!!

mommadeb
March 10th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Because it's snowing here today?