PDA

View Full Version : You know it's WEDNESDAY when

Blondie
March 9th, 2016, 07:33 AM

Hello Folksies!

Have you ever thought about how misunderstood you are? How a word can be misconstrued? It's all in the mind, actually. For example, take the word primitive. Makes me think simple and earthy.
I like primitive stuff. What does that mean to me? Well, I like simple and functional furniture - my first love in furniture was Shaker style. And then I fell in love with Queen Anne style which is definitely not primitive, however, I found the two go very well together. I enjoy Grandma Moses art. I also enjoy shabby chic which I also discovered go very well together.
Where am I going with this you ask? I am not certain but after years of creating art of all types, raising children who are all different, making a house my own with paint and above said art, I have decided that I really am a primitive shabby folk artist.
Ok, that's my brilliance for the day. Now off to find the coffee pot and consider why I dreamt this morning that there were 3 big black dogs in my dreams who had trees growing on the top of their heads. Well, not really growing, actually but sort of like a camoflage thing. Ok, too much info. Blessings, smiles and a wonderful day to all.

Monique
March 9th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Good morning everyone. I was at the doctor's yesterday and while all is relatively well, I will 1) see another surgeon to have my breast removed. He was not happy with my current surgeon, 2) have a sleep test done because I don't sleep well, 3) have an MRI on my left knee which it seems now, it is a tendon problem and 4) start physiotherapy on said knee. BUT all is good otherwise. AND here is the big kicker:

I AM NOW 10 YEARS CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so I wait for all these appointments to happen. Next week is Maizyn's March break so she will be spending the week with us here. Can't wait to have her all to myself for the week. Not sure what we will plan but there may be a museum in there somewhere.

Off to work I go, have a great day everyone.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 9th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone,but today we have a rainy and windy day, it seems like yesterday we gift a sunny day to celebrate our day, so today I touched home and sew a little so that the stack of UFOs is a little smaler. Blondie think everyone has their tasted the same clothes as in the decoration and if the years are changing a bit and we become more comfortable, that will change if we we like and serve us, I am a little strange with my clothes, because I do not like pants and even young me I to my taste for years do not fit well and do not use them in my closet there is not a pants only skirts and dresses and people are surprised because today all women wear pants, when speaking of our generation will paint us with pants but such is life and you have to go with it although I go a bit against, Well I hope you have a nice day and if you can be with sun better,smailes, prayers and greetings

Ginny B
March 9th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Good morning all. Here we are at Wednesday. I finally woke up being able to hear out of both ears this morning. It's not completely clear but so so much better than it has been. It's just a little thing but being so clogged made me feel very off balance.

Monique, congratulations on your 10 year cancer free mark! And good luck with all your other appointments coming up. Looks like a fun week coming up for you with Maizyn. :) Blondie, what an interesting dream.

Time to get some things done before heading to work this fine Wednesday morning so off I go. Have a wonderful day all.

Bubby
March 9th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Morning Everyone,

We're getting some torrential right at the moment and are supposed to get more through the weekend. We have to work at the apartments again this weekend.

Monique, your news is the BEST NEWS EVER!!!! Congratulations, DF. I hope you and Maizyn have a grand week together. There is nothing as sweet as the company of a little girl.

I'm working on a modern quilt and need to get the blocks layed out so I can start the sashing. That and a little light housework is on my agenda today. We had pizza for dinner yesterday so I will need to cook today. I think beef stew sounds good, but so does potato soup.

It's thundering and I saw a flash of lightning, so it's log-off time for me.

Take care and have a great day everyone!

RockinLou
March 9th, 2016, 09:09 AM
I just got home from work, the day was okay, but the last 2 hours have my head spinning.... I'm so irritated with so many rude and irresponsible people, some children (forgivable as they are learning) some adults (infuriating as they are meddling in things that are none of their business).

I'm waiting on dinner, and trying to hide from my kids so I can simmer down and not take my frustrations out on them.

I got home from work, it is 60F and sunny outside, and what was our nanny doing? ironing clothes... while my kids "played" next door... which involved iPads and television. Seriously?? It drives me insane how poor her judgement can be... after 2 years I should not have to remind her every day to take them outside....

Patsquilting
March 9th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Good morning, all: Supposed to be a beautiful day here in Ct. Feels more like spring everyday. Was supposed to go visit a friend in hospice - but woke up with a really bad sore throat and feeling yucky - do not want to infect her with anything - so not going.

I think I have actually finished all tops I had in the works. NOW I have to complete them all. Better get going. Niece's wedding quilt first. It's on the MUST finish list at the top.

Please keep my sister in prayer - she needs to have a breast biopsy - needle biopsy showed pre-cancerous cells. Needless to say, we are all concerned. We have an Aunt and cousin (daughter of aunt) who are breast cancer survivor.

Have a terrific day all. Whether it be rainy or sunshine.

Cathy F
March 9th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Good morning all,
What a beautiful day, sun is shining and temp is warm! I'm sitting in the sunroom with my cup of coffee watching my 3 ferral cats playing on the deck, they too are enjoying this sunny day. No sign of the two wild turkeys we had on Sunday. I was hoping they'd be back maybe they'll surprise us and show up again. Although we've had some wild life show up on our property (deer, and a pair of red fox) we've rarely ever had a turkey. I don't live in a real rural area but do have a large piece of property that is parted wooded so I guess with it being so built up around here they find a safe haven here for a while. I sure do enjoy seeing them.

No set plans for today just see what unfolds hopefully a little bit of sewing is in order.

Sending hugs to those of you who could use a few extra to brighten your day.

dwil23
March 9th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Oh, but it REALLY IS Friday for me!!!! :lol:

But, before you get too jealous - my weekend is only one day (night) long.

Way too much to do, way too little time to do it.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for all in need.

MayinJerset
March 9th, 2016, 11:09 AM
"I AM NOW 10 YEARS CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Monique, couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy your time with your DGD.

Another Spring like day so there's hope that Old Man Winter is finished playing with us here on the east coast. The warmth from the Sun felt so good when I went out yesterday, getting my roots colored and a haircut improved my spirits even more. Have a note to myself to check the freezer and pantry before we go food shopping, I know we need more veggies, fresh and frozen.

At the hairstylist someone mentioned that this is the weekend we change the clocks, Is that true? I'll ponder that while I have another cup of coffee. Want to join me? Go ahead you deserve to relax a bit more and enjoy another cup. 127459

SewnByBee
March 9th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Hi all.

Good to see you feeling better Barb.

I just have to tell you what a grate deal I found on some baby things.We have to get everything...... it's been quite a few years since we had little ones some (+20 yrs.).....lol. I picked up a like new swing, bouncy seat, and walker. Only gave 80 for all of it. She's so nice, said as hers outgrew stuff she would give me first dibs at them......so cool. Now the house looks like a day care....😶 yep.

Good to feeling a bit more link me myself......😉 these days.....slowly but surly, getting better. This has been a duzzy......

Hope you all have the best day..........Hugs.....and Prayers ....... Blessings.

Time to fill up the coffee cup,... join me....127461...........does anyone have this problem ???

EnumclawGramma
March 9th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Good Morning! Mid week! We're gonna make it!! Never a doubt....
Monique Congrats on your TEN YEARS!!! Such good news, we all love hearing that!
I have a dentist appt today (ugh) for a root canal (double UGH!) I have to get this done before I can get any of my other dental stuff done so we can see what's left on my insurance for the year. I really need to get all this done because DH is retiring (YAY!) in May/June. We'll be getting ready to sell our home and downsize ASAP. Lots of changes in Libby's world coming. Prayers? Please? Thank you!
Blondie, I am with you on the shabby chic part, you can throw in a lil' country prim and just a smidge of Victorian.
MollieMae is on the upswing. She spent all of yesterday in bed (my bed) and I didn't even get to make it! She does this from time to time, and I would think this is just a routine down day for her if it weren't for that awful shrieking yelp she let out the other day. And she CRIED. Cavaliers are really sensitive little creatures and you really have to tune in to them. Oh my, I may be far too attached to this little fur baby. You think?

Off for more coffee! One cup just isn't enough today.....
Hugs and Prayers all 'round!

GrammaBabs
March 9th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Monique! I am so happy for you and join you in celebration of that anniversary... So many of my friends are have that sort of celebration and we do the happy dance a LOT:))
Blondie... I think you had one of my "Merlot" dreams....:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Hugs, to all,,, GB

auntiemern
March 9th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Good morning all. Yep. Gotta agree with the shabby chic...If I had my way my entire home would be shabby chic with a touch of country thrown in.
Monique, Doing the happy dance for you....I am 3 1/2 yrs cancer free. The CT appointments always stress me out before I have them done. Such a relief when the doc says it is all good.
My little man is back in school today after being out for a week with a fever. That is always concerning.
Spent the day working on a quilt for a little guy that will be having heart surgery in April. Need to get busy on the t-shirt quilt that I have to have done by mid April. Blocks are cut and fused, just need to get it pieced, then taken to have quilted. Not gonna even try to quilt that one.
DD has to have surgery on both her feet again. Apparently the first doc did not do it correctly. The doc she has now is an excellent, highly recommended orthopedic surgeon that specializes in feet and ankles. She is going to wait til after our Disney trip to have it done. It will basically put her out of commission for most of the summer. Potentially makes my summer rather rough as well. A moms gotta do what a moms gotta do.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

JCY
March 9th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Well, it's good afternoon here. I was busy all morning, then had errands. I've been busy all afternoon, so just now am checking in. Looking forward to "Survivor" tonight. Any other Survivor or Amazing Race fans here? I've been watching both those shows for several years.

Sunny here & 62 deg. We had only 28 & a heavy frost this a.m. Spring gradually is coming along. I think my hay fever is starting. Ugh. No sewing done here today.