PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Night Owl

toggpine
March 9th, 2016, 04:39 AM
I know someone else will be typing/posting at the same time. It never fails!

Hubby brought home the yarn and fabric tonight. Wow. It makes me think about MY stash. I have absorbed parts of two quilters stashes now. This one had several completed tops she tended to prefer the scrappy look, to the point that a lot of the larger pieces have a lovely 4 or 5" wonky square chunk cut from both thicknesses in one corner.
Some of the fabric will go to the after school program, some I'll let the quilting ladies pick through. I have a short pile that will be appropriate for Ruby's Cyber Elves pillow cases. A small pile will stay here. The rest, well who knows where it will end up.

My sister is going to have fun with the yarns. There are cottons, regular, and a bunch of rug yarn in vivid colors. There are some partially completed projects there too. My favorite is the granny square hexagon she was making from Sugar &Cream cottons. It has most of the hexis done, and she was attaching them to each other. If I knew how to crochet, I might try to finish that one.

I had better finish the last tote of fabric and get to bed. We have an early AM.

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
Hugs, Cathy

MayinJerset
March 9th, 2016, 05:11 AM
Hooting in at 3am - think everyone has gone home as it very quiet out here.

Did a little bit too much today, sat in the chair to rest up before making dinner and conked out into a deep sleep. Seam to remember waking up at some time and asking DH for a drink and some crackers and then back to sleep again. So what's a Night Owl to do when she's wide awake at 3am and no one is round to play with? Might be a good idea to go through that pile of mail on my desk - think there are some bills in there that need paying.

Cathy you had a big job going through all that fabric and yarn but several people or groups will benefit from your endeaver. Let us know if you finish some of the projects.

Judy, USMC
March 9th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Hey all - Popping in to say hi! I started a post a bit over an hour ago with owl in the title hoping someone would notice ... this is what I posted there.

Beautiful sunny day in the lower 70's today and supposed to continue through the week. Some flowers poking through to greet the day.

Been working on a super secret project the past 2 days - 1 more day and it should be done. Wondering if there are any proofreaders with spare time on their hands are willing to proof-read. Will post for volunteers once the project is completed.

Inherited stashes are the best especially when the stash can be used or passed along. Going through mail is the pits; I hate getting bills. I'm sending good thoughts and great weather your way. Off to my nest!

kimsophia
March 9th, 2016, 05:38 AM
I seem to be up late again after a few days of sleeping nights. I am working on the Easter Egg Hunt sampler now and taking a break from the winter biscornu. It's surprising to me how much easier 28 count fabric is to work on than 32 count. This fabric is much stiffer, which helps as well. I seem to have enough cotton floss to match most of the colors...the silk thread package for this would have cost $40! I'm enjoying getting my DMC cotton floss for 20 cents at Jo-Ann's with coupons, so no way was I buying thread for forty bucks! :D I got enough fabric to sew two of these skinny things so I want to make one for my cousin, too.

toggpine
March 9th, 2016, 06:00 AM
Sorry Judy. My tab is set to open the General Chit-Chat window. I didn't look from the main forum page where I would have seen your post in the Quilts By Me section.

That last box was pretty ripe. I thought I smelled cigarette smoke, but it was a mere whiff. That last one was where it as stored up. I wonder why it was so strong in that one and not the others? I think I may have figured out what some of the wonky cuts were from. She had a couple of patterns tucked in one of the boxes and they matched the shapes. No assembly instructions though.

We did find some classic vintage projects for crochet in her pattern collection. Thank God I can't crochet, or Hubby would be in trouble. He 'wanted' a toilet seat cover, TP cozy, rug, and tissue box cover. I'll see if I can get photos of these things in the morning with better light.
I'm done in. Catch you on the flip side! C

kimsophia
March 9th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Oh wow, toilet paper cozies...the ones that I saw my great aunts have were ladies with hoop skirts. The lady was a plastic doll, I think. Now that takes me back! :)