PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday here I come

Blondie
March 8th, 2016, 07:42 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Tuesday and it's gonna be another gorgeous day here in NC! I am keeping my fingers crossed that Spring is here to stay. After all Puxatawny Phil said so way back in February - which btw, feels like yesterday. Is it just me or can anyone else believe it is second week of March?

The reality of my DD moving to Florida is sinking in little by little. As in a huge slap. Their house is officially on the market. Steve and Sarah finished painting two bedrooms and prospective buyers are lined up for this week. I don't think they will have a problem selling since they are nicely situated in a very nice and rural area. I can't think too long about this - I have done pretty good the past several weeks but now that it is listed I am finding it more difficult to be strong. Keeping kleenex handy these days and pretending it is allergies.

I worked outside some yesterday. These old bones are sore in a good way. Mom's dr appt is this morning. Sis is getting a new roof this morning and will be here with me for a while this morning - maybe she will come with. I put the final touches on a baby quilt for soon to arrive Eli. Middle Son Josh is busting his buttons and this granny is not ready for that one either. LOL. His GF is a sweet girl and excited as well. Like all other young ones they have no idea how their lives are gonna change forever. Life does have a way of going on.

Off to find the coffee pot and then the shower. It's gonna be a wonderful day in the neighborhood. Find something that makes you happy and hold on to it. Smile!

Patsquilting
March 8th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Good Morning: prayers go your way - that your mom will have a good dr's visit - to you for your DD moving.
Here's to a great day - Supposed to be a nice one here. Hubby's truck in shop this morning for a recall - hopefully they will be done in the amount of time they said - so I can get to quilt shop and quilt with the other retired ladies. At least this visit won't cost me anything since it's a recall. Spring is coming - my crocus' are blooming GOOD SIGN, daffodils are sprouting. For some, you probably already have them blooming - here in CT, they are just starting to come out of the ground. Noticed other plants starting to sprout = I guess spring is definitely on its way.

Great day everyone!

EnumclawGramma
March 8th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Good Morning! Yup, it's Tuesday! I know because Blondie says so! And because I survived Monday!

My MollieMae is still in bed and not feeling well today. Not too sure what's going on, I was sewing yesterday, she came in to hang out with me, she crawled under by my feet and a moment later I looked down at her to coax her into her little basket I have for her and she let out the worst yelp and scream I have EVER heard come from a dog. Not sure if she got pricked by a pin (gave her a thorough inspection, as did DH) or if she somehow got shocked on the power strip (like, maybe got a toenail into one of those holes by some freak accident?) But she is STILL not up to snuff this morning. I'm also wondering if it's something else, like a tooth, or her heart (Cavaliers have issues, but she and her parents tested negative). Oh the worry.....she is my baby.

Blondie, my heart goes out to you about your daughter. No way around it, it's not going to be easy. Just keep that kleenex handy, and never make excuses for a sensitive Mama's heart. For me it was my daughter and grandaughter moving that broke my heart into tiny pieces. Cried for awhile over that one. You're in my heart, thoughts and prayers Girlfriend. Wish we could have coffee. Keeping your Mama close as well. Hope all goes well.

I've got an early go on my chores this morning and I think I'm going to keep my momentum going. Dishwasher here I come!

Have a wonderful day all! Hugs and Prayers for you if you want/need.

Monique
March 8th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie, I know the mixed feelings when one of your children moves away.

We are having warmer than normal temperatures this week. We are to hit double digits tomorrow with rain. I guess it will wash away the snow.

Well I did not get sewing yesterday. Instead I moved furniture. Trying to make the spare room more roomy was a big chore. I bought a bed for Maizyn but it is too big. SO, I will trade with the bed she now has or try to re-sell this one. I got rid of a bookcase and a large garbage bag of clothes. That felt good. I have another bag filled with stuff to take to the church.

I have a doctor's appointment today and Les returns from his trip to Vegas. I still have lots I want to do around the house, I guess you could call that spring cleaning.

Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
March 8th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Good morning and Happy Tuesday. My crocus, daffodils and hyacinths have popped up to say Happy Spring. :)

Blondie, hope your mom's dr. appt. goes well. And{{{{ hugs}}}} to you as you deal with dd's impending move.
Libby, I hope you figure out what's up with your Mollie Mae.

My ear is still pretty clogged today -- actually more clogged than yesterday morning. Just makes me feel so unbalanced. I have to make a dr. appt. anyway because I need one of my bp meds renewed and they need to see me first. Maybe they can help with my ear too.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone.

shermur
March 8th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Morning....it's raining here.

Not sure what to do....Ashley and Conner's stay here in our home has added severe stress; my marriage is effected, Halona is effected and after everything we've done? Ashley and Conner maybe moving back to northern Missouri.

"Sometimes in life...the person who tries to make everyone happy, turns out being the most lonely person..."

This has become me. I regret moving to Arkansas, I regret recently joining a quilting guild here, I regret not accomplishing what makes me happy. Because it's quite evident, I CANNOT make anyone happy. I am now wondering what would have happened if I had stayed put. Halona doesn't want to move anymore and I'm not sure I can stay....

Grandma Nan
March 8th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Good morning to all of you

I haven't been writing much on the morning posts but I have been lurking some days. Had a wonderful conversation last night with Lenore (Nidan_7) from Australia. She and I have become good friends since last years Fall Retreat.

Blondie I too can empathize about daughters moving away. It is so hard but you just have to let them go and know that they are maturing and growing and learning from the new experience. My Megann is married to a fellow in the Air Force and they were stationed on the west coast for 7 years. They now live about 3 hours away (near our Monique) which is better, but they have a busy life. It is hard to let go,and with them, I know another move can happen anytime. Thankfully the military don't move them as often as they used to but postings are always a possibility.

I have to get going this morning but just felt like it was time for me to post again. Hope everyone has a great day.

MayinJerset
March 8th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Getting my act together so I can do all that I planned to do today. Felt so bad around dinnertime last night I was sure I was coming down with a cold but slept soundly for a few hours and woke up feeling so much better. That's good because today's appointments are the ones that had to be cancelled last Friday because of the snow. Very Spring like today so that's a plus.

Sheri, Sorry to hear things are not going so well.127409

susie i
March 8th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Good morning!Blondie,i feel your pain for your daughter moving,My middle son and his wife were an hour and a half away for four years and then got orders to japan last summer.My granddaughter turned 5 in December and I miss her so much.My other children ,except my youngest,are in Florida. Now you'll have a good reason to visit the sunshine state and escape winter!It's very rainy here today,I plan on staying and working on a baby quilt for good friends of ours daughter.She is due this month so I need to get cracking,hope everyone has a good day!

ceiliam
March 8th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Morning all going to be another beautiful day here , have to enjoy while I can, because by mid June here it's way to hot. If you want a garden here you need it planted by mid Feb, and something's you need to plant int Oct. Still not used to that.
No sewing yesterday had migraine, thankfully my wonderful sister takes Petey out walking when she is here. Hoping to do some weeding and sewing today.
Sheri hope things are better soon. Blondie glad Moms doing better, we sure treasure our parents as we get older. Love that you are back. Ginny get in and take care of your ear, we want you better. Libby your poor little dog hope she's better soon, amazing how attached we get to them. Prayers hugs and warm thoughts for all

Jean Sewing Machine
March 8th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Good morning friends! It has been a while since I've written, I was logged out of the forum for a number of days last week and needed Caleb from M* to help me do a reset! I missed adding my voice to the group!

Last night, the theatre group I am currently working with had their first tech rehearsal. It was one of the longest I've ever experienced, we left the theatre at 12:30! Luckily most of my costumes were OK, so I could spend time in the audience watching. We open Thursday night.

Blondie, how well I know the pain and sorrow of having your kids move away when they lived close. My oldest daughter left 3 years ago, and youngest with grandkids last October. I know I cried every day after they announced their move for months. They were living in a home I owned and rented to them, and I have had to deal with the issues involved in fixing it up so it could be sold. We are pretty close to closing on the deal, appraisal today ( fingers crossed!) and closing on April 1.

Made just 2 costumes for this play, both done yesterday! If it weren't for the deadline, I would have enjoyed making them. We found most of the costumes in thrift stores, Ross For Less and from private costume collections. I noticed last night during one scene, costumes I created for 3 other shows were on stage at one time! It's great to recycle! I need to alter several more today, and then maybe we're done and done! Whoopee!

Hope you all have a great day!

SewnByBee
March 8th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Hi friend's, Blondie, I can't keep up, time is flying. March is here and will be gone before a blink of an eye. I think doing is here. It's still cool thanks n the mornings and at night, but everything is beginning to bloom.
Pollen city here. .......lol.... allergy season alert.
(((( HUGGS ))))Kleenex in hand here too.
I feel for you. I too dealing with a dh moving out. Your not alone. Pm anytime you need to talk. I know how hard it's going to be on you.

On the bright side. Little one will be here soon. Hoping they visit a lot. ♡♡♡

Hope you all have a blessed day. Prayers for all of you in need......
HUGGS..... too.

ceiliam
March 8th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Morning all going to be another beautiful day here , have to enjoy while I can, because by mid June here it's way to hot. If you want a garden here you need it planted by mid Feb, and something's you need to plant int Oct. Still not used to that.
No sewing yesterday had migraine, thankfully my wonderful sister takes Petey out walking when she is here. Hoping to do some weeding and sewing today.
Sheri hope things are better soon. Blondie glad Moms doing better, we sure treasure our parents as we get older. Love that you are back. Ginny get in and take care of your ear, we want you better. Libby your poor little dog hope she's better soon, amazing how attached we get to them. Prayers hugs and warm thoughts for all.

toggpine
March 8th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Yesterday was out-of-the-house day and I ran most of those errands. For some reason, the last time I was at the fabric store, I forgot the batting. Dang it! I need some for the current projects I'm working on, and I don't have big enough pieces left to make it work. Ugh. I didn't really want to go back out today. I guess the sooner I go, the sooner I'll get back.

I might have some "fabric crack" to post this evening. One of Eric's coworkers went to AZ to help get a friend's parents home ready for sale after the father passed. Apparently he found the mother's fabric and yarn stash. So, he wagged it home for my sister and I. Eric asked if we would be interested. (Duh!) I said sure. Then he told me that he would need to use my car, since there were about 10 totes and several cardboard boxes and he didn't want them getting wet in the back of his truck on the way home. Oh MY!

Bubby
March 8th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Hi Everyone...

I'm checking in late today. I'm somewhat under the weather and needed some extra rest. I had an online doctor appointment (DoctorOnDemand) and he called in some meds for a UTI. This is a wonderful service if you can't get out or if you don't have insurance. This is the third time I've used their service and I'm very pleased.

Blondie, it's never easy to have a child and their family move away or for that matter having to move away from them. I went through that when my DGD was just 6 months old. It took lots of prayer, time and tears.....lots of tears.

Ginny, I hope you feel better soon. It's miserable having a clogged ear. Take care.

Sherri, I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you. I will be remembering you in my prayers, DF.

I was happy to receive my BLOCK magazine today. It will give me something happy to read this afternoon. Wishing everyone a good afternoon.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 8th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Hello everyone. Today in my country celebrates the "Women´s Day" so this morning taking advantage had left some sun I went with my sister for a walk and have lunch to celebrate our day and not have to do the food, we had a great time enjoying the ride, the beach and good conversation and already at home have entered the forum to see how everyone on this day. Blondie sorry that your daugter go away, my daugthers live in my same people, but I am the daughter of a merchant seaman and what living away from loved ones, I hope you can see them from to time, also now with the technology it seems that the distances are shorter, Good as here already 9 pm. I was sewing a while before dinner, I hope you all had a beautiful day,greetings.