PDA

View Full Version : Hoot Hoot, Night owls Monday

Neller
March 8th, 2016, 02:53 AM
Hi all! I have been visiting my DS and DIL in Portland for the last week they have a beautiful 9 month old baby girl who is the apple of her grandparents eyes! We have been enjoying the visit so much. No sewing is getting done but I knit a little in the evening when the baby is asleep. I hope everyone is having happy days,

MayinJerset
March 8th, 2016, 03:13 AM
Nancy, Nothing like a new grandchild to make your visit extra special. I wish we could visit our newest great grand child, a beautiful baby boy born a week ago, problem is they live in New Orleans. Will have to wait until summer when he and his parents come to visit.

Was really surprised that I didn't fall asleep tonight while watching TV as I've felt out of sorts around dinnertime. Might have been because I was watching an old favorite, Eddie and The Cruisers. Ending is kind of hokey but I've always liked the music. The songs will keep going through my head while I do my Night Owl tonight, might even flap my wings to the beat.

stationarymom
March 8th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Hi Nancy and May
I'm glad there are other owls in the forest tonight.
Nancy you must be beside yourself being able to hold that baby.I still have a long time before either of my kids consider marriage.
May I hope you feel better soon it's not nice to be out of sorts I know I often feel that way after a seizure.I hope you get to see your new grandson sooner rather than later.Have you been able to see him with pics or even on the computer maybe?

Judy, USMC
March 8th, 2016, 03:38 AM
Not to much news from this night owl. My eyes are going crossed from working on a database that I hope will benefit a group of folks. Think Eddie & the Cruisers would help or hurt?

Love that new baby smell. I have a baby powder room spray that comes close - but miss doing a bit of toe nibbling.

Getting ready for some warmer weather - mid-70's tomorrow continuing through the week. So hang in there fellow owls - the time change is on Saturday and spring will be here soon!

kimsophia
March 8th, 2016, 03:50 AM
Hoot hoot...have sewn some more Hardanger hearts tonight but didn't get to the store for the size 12 perle cotton to finish the cutouts as my neck and right shoulder were hurting pretty bad after I slept on them funny this afternoon. I wasn't sure that I could turn my head to drive safely so I stayed home and played with my embroidery floss stash for a pastel project that's coming up. The fabric has shipped, anyway. The Bulls won and scored over 100 points so everybody there won a Big Mac! Whoooo!

Andrea F
March 8th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Good morning night owls!

Nancy, being able to cuddle with that baby must have been so wonderful. I haven't held a baby in years. I hope my sons are taking their time with making me a granny though.

Not many signs of spring here yet. It's cold and we had snow yesterday, but it melted away quickly. I'll be back to work today after having a week off, using up leftover vacation days from last year. It's going to be a short but busy week. I'm going to Bavaria on Friday to visit my bff for an extended weekend. Sadly, her father passed away two weeks ago. I'm a bit nervous because I'm going to drive there all by myself for the first time. Usually I go there by train. It's 600 km, so I'll be on the road for at least 6 hours depending on traffic.

Have a good night and a wonderful day tomorrow.

MayinJerset
March 8th, 2016, 04:16 AM
Joan, I did get permission from DGD Christine and her DH to post photos of their baby, see them below. He is their first child, the first grandchild of DS#2 and his DW and our 5th great grandchild - all boys! Andrea I will get to hold him when they visit in the summer.

We have 4 other great grandsons but their parents do not wish their photos to be shown

Andrea F
March 8th, 2016, 05:20 AM
May, he is so cute! What a beautiful family! I bet you can't wait until they come to visit! :D

redcaboose1717
March 8th, 2016, 06:32 AM
cutting out fabric to star making a couple of blocks from the newest MSQC tutorial ....Ohio Star. I always make one or two blocks when I find a new quilt tutorial like like.
I am also looking online at fabrics etc...Took a long nap today, so I probably will be up longer than usual this AM.

Carol336
March 8th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Hoot Hoot.....went to bed early, and have been awake since about 2am.....finally decided to get up and do something. So I tidied up my sewing area and cut out a couple more shoe bags. We're leaving for our dance weekend on Thursday and I wanted to make a couple to take with me for the chinese auction and maybe a couple to sell. All in all I've made 7 in the last week, 2 I already gave to the chinese auction, one DH claimed and 1 is for me. When I gave the 2 to the event chairman, she ask if I could possible donate one or 2 more....so I've actually got 3 extras. But I'm not sure I'm going to donate them as I'd really like to see how well they sell. I'm thinking 20.oo should be a good price, but am open to any and all suggestions. I'm the world's worse picture taker, but here are the 4 I've made today.

May - I'm know you just can't wait to hold that sweet little bundle in your arms....come on summer!!!!

Drive Safe Andrea...and enjoy your visit with your bff.

toggpine
March 8th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Carol, I think you have the right to charge for the other ones.
Now, if they want to commission you to make a few more for the auction, then that is different. I have done that. I'll donate some thing and then they want more. I say if they want to cover the cost of the materials, then I will donate the time. Sometimes they take me up on it, others, no. With the work and supplies, I'd think $20 is a fair price.

No night owling for me. Still whooped from Sunday's activities.

judimccl
March 8th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Yes, nothing like grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. I have a granddaughter who is 3, a great-granddaughter who is 3, and a great-grandson who is 6 months. I will be babysitting the 3 of them the first weekend in April! Should be quite the interesting weekend, and I am sure I will be tired by the end of it, but a nice tired. I don't get to see the great-grands often, so looking forward to it. I also have 3 other great-grands who live in Michigan, and only get to see them maybe once a year - they are 1, 2, and 8 months. Got to book a trip up there this summer for sure! :icon_wave: