PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday

Blondie
March 7th, 2016, 07:53 AM

Good Morning all of you Lovely Folksies

I feel as if I have been a caged bird - and we are all familiar with why the caged bird sings . . .
Spring is peeking in this week and may I say how absolutely ready I am for it? I am doing the happy Snoopy dance.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes for Mom. She is back to her old self again. Tomorrow we see the dr for the fluid to be drawn out of that neck thing. Hopefully we will have results soon enough. Last week while staying with her, I was able to do some handwork - And it wasn't for the crochet to fabric blocks. I am needing to get to the store to get the right yarn/thread for it. Most of the photos I have seen show the regular wooly type of crochet yarn. I am thinking more of the thread type of yarn but not the real skinny thread. Don't you love how descriptive I can be? That's because I don't have enough coffee and have not been awake long enough to get the proper words out yet. Yep. It's still a bit early even for me.

Yesterday afternoon Luscious and I spent 3 hours raking and cleaning up the back yard. You may think to yourself, haven't they already done that? Yes. And No. Not finished. We have a very large yard and even larger oak trees. Those leaves and ankle breakers - known to most as acorns - were everywhere. The winter this past winter and emerging spring have been relentless. Not to mention that we don't work as hard and fast as we used to. I don't like working in the back 40 ( as I call it) by myself too much. You may remember my encounter with the bear, so, nuff said.

Today I intend on cleaning my own house a wee bit. Perhaps a short visit with Sis and DD as well. Morning coffee always goes so much better with laughter.

Hope each one here has a Marvelous Monday with a few giggles and plenty of smiles.

127313[/CENTER]

dwil23
March 7th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Good Morning, Blondie and all!

Bear encounter? Hhmm...no I missed that one! Glad to hear Mom is well.

Not much in the way of sewing happening at my house these days. Still working six days a week and 10 hours most of them. I do believe I am going to reward myself with a really cute little hand crank Singer 66 I have had my eye on this coming payday, though.

Saying prayers for all in need - and especially thinking of Cyndi, her brother and family these past few days. We got word yesterday that a long time neighbor died of brain cancer. She was just 56. It really has been a tough year all around.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day!

EnumclawGramma
March 7th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Morning! It is Monday and with it I find more rain. Which is ok, because it's not snow and it's bringing Spring with it! Trees are in bloom here, and to me that's HOPE! I love the change in this season the most!
Blondie I get the bear. It's why I don't like to walk my neighborhood alone. I really don't think my little Mollie would be much help in an encounter, so no thank you!
We had DGD here this weekend, she is such a joy! It's always such a good time just hanging out with her. I'm so happy that, even though she's nearly 16 (#wheredoesthetimego?) she still loves to hang out with us.
Just a few chores to do today and I'm in my sewing room. I started two new quilts last week and I may start another this week! It's a new experiment...will I get more done if I have more started? I'll let you know!
That's it from here for now! Have a wonderful Monday, smile for no special reason and hug someone you love! We all need those!

Bubby
March 7th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Morning Everyone,

We had a busy weekend. We worked at the apartments all day Saturday and pretty much rested all day yesterday.

Having PC trouble. Will try more later.

Iris Girl
March 7th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Morning Blondie and others. Glad to see you back and momma is doing well. The other day as we were getting in the car we seen a huge raccoon wandering around the neighbors garbage cans.It was broad daylight so a bit frightening and they are so creepy to see walking with their hunched up backs.Love their cute faces though. Worries me a bit because my son goes to work early like 2am some days and 4am some days...still dark and he has had to make a dash because of skunks before. He parks on the other side of the park from our home.
Have a great day all.

Ginny B
March 7th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Good Morning all. Happy Monday. Glad to hear your mom is back to her old self again Blondie. It was a busy Saturday around the house this weekend. The last few weekends have found us here and there and involved in things other than our usual regular Saturday routine. So this weekend I was determined to get some house work done. Dh helped a lot and we even opened the windows and got some fresh air circulating through the house. Yesterday was a more relaxing day with some time spent in my sewing room and then last night watching the Finale of Downton Abbey. I will miss that show.

I am dealing with a clogged ear this morning. It has been giving me a problem for about a week now and I'm getting tired of only having half of my hearing ability. I think it may be connected to some sinus congestion I am having too.

Time to get ready to move this day along. Have a good Monday all.

Monique
March 7th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Good morning dear friends. Blondie, glad to hear about your Momma.

Well I was back early Friday morning from retreat. I was afraid my water would have frozen as there was no one home. But it wasn't, although the back roof had to be shoveled, which I did on Saturday.

I accomplished a lot at retreat. 2 quilt tops completed and we all made a wallet which was fun to do. I also started the quilt for Maizyn as well. All in all it was a great week. I did have to boost a car three times and she ended up with a flat. OYE! But all in all, it was fabulous. I will get some pictures posted later.

Yesterday I was out getting a bed for Maizyn. Today I hope to get some furniture moved. I haven't been sleeping well at night so I took a pill last night and slept much better. I may get a lot accomplished today.

Have a great day friends.

GaGa
March 7th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Good Monday morning to all! Busy, busy here. Spent Thurs. and Fri. With my parents (85 & 86) who live 120 miles away. Came home Fri. night so I could attend our guild retreat. It was my first (still new at this!). It was great fun and I got an opportunity to stitch all day! I'm on Spring Break this week so I left yesterday morning to head to CO to visit my son and his family. The other 4 live close to us so this one gets me for breaks. Hubby couldn't come since our sheep are lambing and it's calving season (he's a vet) so I'm traveling solo. Just looked outside the hotel here in central Nebraska and it's so foggy you could cut it with a knife! So, no sewing this week - but lots of time with four grandchildren! Hope everyone has a great week!

pcbatiks
March 7th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Good morning, everyone. I haven't been getting much quilting done lately. I have been busy helping sort books for the annual used book sale in our area..........only 11 days away! Time for all the last minute sorting, and other details that need to be finished.

If you are going to be in the area and like to read.........check out the sale!

I also have two guild meetings this week. Our regular meeting tonight and the new modern guild meeting later in the week! The modern guild was just started up 2 months ago. I think it's going to be fun!

Hope you all have a good day. Hugs and prayers to those in need of them. Cyndi, thinking of you & your family.

MayinJerset
March 7th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Blondie, Glad Mom is doing better. Everyone has been busy this weekend.

Bright and sun shiny this morning and hoping that sunshine comes with some warming as I'm tired of Winter. Have my work cut out for me this week - besides regular stuff DH's BDay is Wednesday, my baby sister's surprise 65th BDay party is Sat., family over on Sunday for DH's Bday AND I must finish baby James' quilt by the weekend. New Grandparents, DS#2 and DIL, will soon be leaving to see their first grandchild and be part of his Christening and they will bring the quilt and our other gifts with them. I usually have a first baby's quilt ready for the baby shower but since DGD C lives in New Orleans there wasn't one. Without a firm deadline I always end up finishing projects at the last minute.

Time to get a move on, first a coffee refill to pump my engine. 127314

songbird857
March 7th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Good Morning all -
Playing catch up here on the forum now that I'm feeling more normal!
Donna - that handcrank sounds like a gem!
Libby - I think we're of the same mindset with the 'starting more projects' theme ;)
Barb - hope you get your puter fixed...
April - I'm always nervous letting Ella out when I smell skunk!
Ginny - praying that your ear will get un-clogged :)
Monique - a retreat sounds lovely...
Brenda - have fun with the grands!
Pam - wish I was closer for that book sale!
May - lots of reasons to celebrate :)

Lots to do, but I'm still taking it easy - I will do some housework though.
Have a great day all...

Over40momma
March 7th, 2016, 11:06 AM
A very good morning to you all.:icon_wave: Last week we got dumped on with snow and frigid temps.....now it over +3C and heading towards +15C this week. March has always been an unpredictable month, but hope blazes brightly that spring is on its way.

Have been getting my house cleaning chores all up to snuff......that wonderful spring cleaning urge is alive and well! Even managed to get some quilting bits done. Still working on the Big Star quilt for my youngest. Got the brilliant (??) idea to do a pieced top for the back of it. I just know I have bitten off way more than I can chew with this as the whole thing is now being 'built' by the seat of my pants rather than a pattern. :lol: My hubby keeps giving me those "you gotta be kidding me" looks. It's for my baby girl......why not make it as special as she is!!!! (Don't you just love those ad-lib justifications ;))

Blondie, so glad to hear your Momma is doing better. LOL, totally relate to running into a bear; though I was camping at the time and not here in the city. Now it's just close encounters with raccoons and skunks.

You all have a great day, and may you see all those wonderful little 'miracles' that happen every day.

Patsquilting
March 7th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Good Morning, All: back from my son's house and my quilt retreat. Tired - but great. BLondie, glad mom is doing better. UGH with the shingles. My mom had it on her head - nasty. My husband also had it on it head and over eye - fortunately, did not get on the eyeball. Then year later - it reappeared. Both times it appeared after he was laid off from work YES, stress is a big factor.

Quilt retreat was great - got my block of month project done, took 2 years but top is done - Actually sang the Hallelujah chorus - will post pic in show & tell.

Weather has been strange this whole season - crocus are starting to pop up - great sign. Still have tons of limbs to clean up after our couple of storms. Oh, Boy! More exercise.

Here's to a great Monday to all. Enjoy!

MRoy
March 7th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Good morning! DH and I have been getting ready for summer fishing. We were fishing on the lake yesterday bundled up in 3-4 layers of clothes but this week it's supposed to be in the 70s so we hope to spend a couple of warm days fishing before a week of rain moves in. Today is the guild's weekly sit-n-sew. I've got another donation quilt ready to bind and I'm going to check the colors in the donated fabric before I cut into mine. I hope everyone has a great day!

Shirley
March 7th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Good morning all!
I haven't been on much lately. We are remodeling the kitchen. Almost done yay!!! Then on to the bathrooms.
Blondie, so happy Mom is better. I need to get outside and do some work but the wind has just been horrendous!! Not a fan of the wind.
Everyone have a great week. And like Blondie said I hope we all have some giggles and smiles!

Cathy F
March 7th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Morning all,
Late getting here this morning, just got home from our Monday morning breakfast with our friends.
Sun is shining but windy so I just may stay in and do some chores around the house. Yesterday I was out all day working a fundraiser event. Was tired when I got home but everyone attending seemed to have a good time and the money raised will go back to our community.

Kissing coin quilt top is completed, have to get the backing fabric and then I can send it off to be quilted. Loving the Prarie Flower quilt, hopefully I'll have the top finished by next week. Then to look for the next pattern for my oldest granddaughter.
Woke up yesterday to two wild turkeys in our yard eating the seed under the bird feeders. These two are of good size and I think are being fed by someone as they are not startled by people. My husband went out to feed the cats and I think they thought the food was for them as they ran along right behind him. It was so funny to watch. We put some food out for them which the seemed to enjoy and they were drinking out of our bird bath. They were back again in the afternoon strutting around the yard and looking in the greenhouse. Our outside feral cats were wide eyed to say the least wondering what those things were!

auntiemern
March 7th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Blondie, so happy momma is feeling much better and over the hump.
I have had me a sick Bubby (Gabe) the past couple of days. He ran 102* fever for 3 days...finally got his fever down, so we took him to his sissies b'day pool party at a local hotel for a couple of hours. He ran around and went swimming, seemed to be doing ok until yesterday. Woke up and couldn't walk on his one leg. (was doing the tippy toe thing). DD to him to the ER when she got home. They took x-rays, and seem to think it is muscular...me I'm just not so sure. Today he is coughing and laying around again. Please say prayers for my little man that it is nothing more serious. He has been through enough.
I have been working on some special gifties for someone very near and dear to my heart. Actually have been working on them for about 2 months. Hoping to get finished this week. I also am going to be making a little boy quilt this week for a little guy that is getting ready to have heart surgery in April. Gabes special ed teacher from his old school contacted me to see if I could make one, and what I would charge..(she commissioned me to make her DD a t-shirt quilt for her graduation from HS this year)..so of course I told her I would be happy to make him one, and there would be no charge. Went through my CP's and found a cute dinosaur one.
Gonna finish my coffee, browse around on here for a bit, then get busy in my sewing room. Hugs and blessings, and prayers for those in need.

SewnByBee
March 7th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Hello friend's. Hope your all well and ready for another week. It's busy here. Finally feeling some better and trying to catch up on.......EVERY THING 😶😜
Yep......a lot to do......hopefully no unexpected interruptions to my
sorta kinda game plan. Lately planing seems to be a bit of a disaster. So once again I'll try to organize and attempt to pull together a plan of action....lol....I have to make fun of myself, and just laugh at the situation. Cause like the truck had to have a little work this weekend, of course that messed up my moving out some pieces I had needed to do. 😝 but the truck had to be fixed so......just do the moving thing latter.
Haven't got to sew in a little while I'm getting withdrawals. Need my creative fix badly. But soon things will get put back in place so I can jump back I'm my happy place.

Get some pretty things done so I can see all your talents shine.

Blessings on o all.♡♡♡

Just for laughs I found this pretty funny with my failed plans over the weekend........ one of those days......

..................lol...........127329.......just saying :icon_wave:

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 7th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Good afternoon everyone, lask week was a little busy from Tuesday untill Friday had to go to my DD house to take care of my DGD and the weekend has been raining non-stop for a minute and I could not do anything because my DH wanted this with him because he was bored, so today I had to clean the house. In their responses I see these days have been busy. Blondie saw a bear from house, should be very impressive to see a wild animal and as large near you, for me thatīs amazing because in the mountains of my country not there are bears, there is one in Cantabria and Asturias, which are close but only in the high mountains and in danger of extinction, so they are protected. In the aftermoon Iīll sew a little, I have to finish my quilts another baby, so wish you all a happy day, sending smiles and prayers for all those who need it, greetings

toggpine
March 7th, 2016, 03:22 PM
I am moving, but slowly. We took the kids bowling yesterday, and the hand, elbow, and knee joints weren't all that thrilled. We had a good time, and more importantly, so did the kids.

We probably would have been fine, but one of the bucks has been marking "his" territory by rubbing his head on everything. He decided that the door to the chicken coop had offended him and must be taught a lesson. He rubbed and pushed it until he tore the hinges out of the frame. (Granted it was 2x4 construction, but still.) Now we had some repair work to be done with the help of the boys.
Wynton the wether is about 180# and stands 3' at the shoulder and he is clever like a velociraptor. The other two boys are smaller, but intact males, so they have testosterone issues. They don't usually give my husband too much hassle, except to be extremely helpful by moving his tools and "sorting" whatever hardware he has mistakenly thought he could keep in a tub while working on a building project.
The bucks on occasion forget that I am the Alpha of this herd, and that I won't tolerate nonsense. (Ask the goats in the freezer how well bad behavior worked for them.) They usually get too big for their britches at about a year and a half and we have to have a discussion that they don't normally forget.
Apparently the 4year old Togg buck forgot himself while trying to show up the yearling Saanen buck and made the mistake of trying to push me with the top of his head. This behavior is the precursor to butting, which is never allowed. So, we had a showdown. This involves me taking a handful of his beard and bending his head around to his ribs while reaching under him to grab the opposite rear leg, then flipping him onto his side, where he promptly gets my knees on his chest to hold him down. Not letting go of the beard, we have a discussion about who is the herd boss, and how things really run around here. At the point he heaves a sigh, quits struggling, and lies still, we are done and he can get up. That is normally the end of things and I am given the respect of the herd boss. We have had a few that never could be trusted and they are the ones in the freezer.

Since I wasn't feeling the effects of either the bowling or the buck wrestling at the time, I decided that I could pitch part of the buck pen while Eric fixed the door. It needed to be done, but it's not a task we usually do in the rain. Since they boys were feeling ornery, I figured it might be good for me to keep an eye on them while Eric was building, as he might not see an attack if they decided to really loose their minds. I always forget how heavy poop can get when mixed with straw and shavings.
By the time we were all done, things were starting to ache and stiffen up. No night owling for me!
If the looks of the coffee pot are any indication, Eric wasn't faring any better this morning himself. It will probably be an early night around here tonight too.
We have a bit of a sun break, so I'm going to run to the store so I can get home and start the Dutch oven with chicken for supper.
You all have a good one! Hugs, Cathy

Navy Wife
March 7th, 2016, 03:38 PM
I spent a lazy weekend at home, mostly. We took our DS#1 and DIL out to dinner Saturday. Poor DH was exhausted when we got home. I'll be so glad to get this surgery over so maybe he can get rid of some of his pain.

My other DIL had party Sunday afternoon. She's started selling some "green" household cleaning things. The cloths and mops clean without anything but water. I'll soon see if it works. Better clean with water...they're too expensive to have to use a cleaning product also!

March is a birthday month for us so I have to go get cards tomorrow. I have DIL, granddaughter,daughter, husband, and ex SIL who is still a good friend to us. Hallmark loves to see me coming! My hair dryer quit last week, so I have to get another one; and there are always groceries to be bought. When I was young and raising kids, I could go to the store every other week, and manage to get everything I needed. Now, I'm lucky to get enough for 2 days! The mind goes first!

Well, back to work. I'm trying to get the house cleaned so I can relax and take care of DH after surgery.

MayinJerset
March 7th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Navy Wife said.."coming! My hair dryer quit last week, so I have to get another one; and there are always groceries to be bought. When I was young and raising kids, I could go to the store every other week, and manage to get everything I needed. Now, I'm lucky to get enough for 2 days! The mind goes first!"

I hear you, that's why I make a list on a junk mail envelope and put the coupons inside. Of course, I have to remember to take it with me food shopping or the effort was for naught. LOL!

JCY
March 7th, 2016, 05:27 PM
It's already afternoon. I was busy all morning with laundry & mixing up a batch of turkey patties for the freezer for the next 2 wks. We had sun this a.m., but it has clouded up & we had some sprinkles. Yest. was a balmy 74 deg. The bees have been at the crocuses, which now are in full bloom. Unlike the lower elevations, our flowering trees don't bloom until April/May--depending on the weather.

I've been working on one of my UFOs: the baby quilt made with the Woven Ribbons or some just call it the Woven Block. It's all quilted. I have the binding sewn on 1 side. Just need to turn it over then stitch. I'm really making an effort to whittle down my UFOs this year.

I'm going to be a great grandma again in Oct. DGD has had so much nausea & feeling pretty bad. I hope things get better after the 1st trimester.

By now you've probably heard the news that our Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning is retiring. He's 39. He's dealt with many injuries & surgeries. With our Super Bowl win this year, it's a great time for him to retire with this victory. I wish him the best.

I hope everyone has a good start to their week.