PDA

View Full Version : Hoot hoot where are the Owls hiding tonight?

stationarymom
March 7th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Hi
I just wanted to stop by as I make my way to my nest to say hello and see how things are in your neck of the woods.I had a quiet day today no excitement (I guess that can be good).I was a good housewife and cleaned the oven,I hate doing that.didn't accomplish to much else though a lazy kind of day.

Judy, USMC
March 7th, 2016, 03:15 AM
Downton Abbey season 6 marathon started at 10am here and finally finished at 11:15pm. Nothing got done!

Took bathroom breaks when some of the individual episodes ended and the pledge pleas started. Poor Steve. He made his own sandwich for lunch and I microwaved food for dinner ... cooking would have taken too long. Now I have to find something else to watch on Sunday evenings....

Just checked the Daily Deal - now off to bed. Everyone stay safe!

Hulamoon
March 7th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Joan don't call yourself a house wife. I hate that term. One day I was vacuming spiders under the sink and said that when dh came in. He said it's about time. I stopped doing his laundry and the rest is history for me.

I'm watching Dateline about the OJ trial. I can't believe I was glued to the tube for 8 mos watching that. I'm such a crime geek.

MayinJerset
March 7th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Haven't been hiding, it is my night off and I went to sleep early. Just woke up with a start and can't stop shivering. Think I'm coming down with a cold as I skipped dinner and had tea and toast instead, usually a sign that something is going on. Been out of sorts a bit since late this afternoon. Thought it was because besides regular stuff we were out most of the afternoon. DH dropped off a box of books at a new recreation center a few towns away and since Joann's was nearby we stopped there as I need some quilt basting spray so I can finish quilt for new great grandson James. Then we stopped for a soup and sandwich lunch at Panera's. Realized we haven't eaten there in quite awhile as they have a new menu. Took bit of time to decide what to order but I enjoyed the cup of tomato soup and half a chicken salad sandwich with sliced grapes and almonds as it didn't have lots of mayonnaise. Took a menu home to check out the new items, a soup with quinoa sounded interesting for our next stop there.

Just fortified myself with some cool juice and few Advil and hope to get back top sleep and fight this cold.127310

cyndiofthevortex
March 7th, 2016, 05:53 AM
DD Bethany and I are visiting my brother Tommy here in California. There was somewhat of an adventure along the way. As we were approaching the airport in SF, the pilot came on and said there was a sustained wind (the wannabe meteorologist in me loved this phrase) of 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. I did not think this was good weather to land in but I figured he knew what he was doing. It did get pretty bumpy and we were flying in a thick cloud all around us. When I could finally see the earth, the water churning with whitecaps just off the runway, the plane began to bump pretty dramatically. Just as it seemed we were almost on the ground, the plane very steeply began to climb into the clouds again. We flew on until we were once again above them. The pilot came back over the air and said the winds were so bad they created wind sheer and he had lost control of the plane for a second. We were going to San Jose where the weather was bad but not quite as bad. He said the company wanted him to try to land again in SF but he had said no to them. That's all he said but that was more than enough!

We landed bumpily but safely in SJ. There was of course no one prepared to greet our plane so we sat in a parking lot. People got up and stood next to their seats as there was room in the aisle, but I was stuck sitting (thankfully quite happily) by the window, looking out at the rain sweeping the pavement. We sat for less than an hour when the pilot came back on. He again said the company wanted him to fly us back to SF but that instead we were getting off here and would be taken by bus back to our airport. There seemed to be a general sigh of relief felt throughout the plane.

The airport was dead, not many planes landing in this much smaller airport. Bethany and I were able to retrieve my bag easily. I'm always thankful when my bag follows me around the country when there's a layover somewhere, and we had spent an hour in Chicago eating quesadillas filled with too many red peppers. Yay, good little faithful bag!

While we had been sitting there on the plane, Duncan, my brother-in-law in shining armor, was waiting by the windswept curb. He had come to pick us up in San Francisco, and when he heard our plane had been diverted he drove the extra hour to pick us up. I slept all the way to Nancy and Duncan's welcoming home, to where my loving brother was lying quietly in a hospital bed in the middle of their living room. More on that soon!

snippet
March 7th, 2016, 06:13 AM
I'm probably the last to check in for the night. I woke up early last night and couldn't get back to sleep. So I stayed up and worked on sorting through all my downloaded files. Most are embroidery files, but there were plenty of quilt patterns, Census pages, and birth/death certificates for my genealogy research. Over 1,500 zipped files! I trudged through them, but started getting a migraine so I took something and headed for my dark cold bedroom. I'm over the migraine and dealing with the migraine hangover - or that's what I call the after part where I feel woozy for a day or so.

Mary, I had the quinoa soup at Panera. It's got a bit of lemon in it which surprised me, but it was very good. Give it a try. I don't go in very often, so I have to read through the menu too.

Cyndi, so glad you are with your brother! I'm praying for comfort and love for him!

kimsophia
March 7th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Hoot hoot! I can't seem to keep my eyes open until ten p.m. lately. I was watching a cool movie on Netflix but I had to pause it. If you like the Beatles' music there is a movie that uses their songs. It is called "Across the Universe" and it has a ton of singing and dancing in 1960s costumes. It's visually gorgeous and so strange to hear that music sung by new voices as dialog. I listened to those songs over and over (and over) when I was young until I can't pay attention to them in the original form, really. In the movie I find that hey, they really were beautiful and novel! Hey guys, there's this group called the Beatles and they're really good! lol

The Warriors lost and the Bulls won this weekend. Shock.

I am still sewing my biscornu. I am getting a little better at hardanger. I still need that number 12 thread, though. I'm not buying it at Jo-Ann's because their dye lots for number 8 were far whiter and their number 12 balls of the thread look dingy white next to it.

DeniseSm
March 7th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Been up since three and can't get back to sleep. I figure I might as well try to get in some sewing before I have to go to work.

redcaboose1717
March 7th, 2016, 07:26 AM
I actually got up about 45 minutes ago....I normally don't sleep that well during the night !

judimccl
March 7th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Hope you feel better soon May :icon_wave:

snippet
March 7th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Hoot hoot! I can't seem to keep my eyes open until ten p.m. lately. I was watching a cool movie on Netflix but I had to pause it. If you like the Beatles' music there is a movie that uses their songs. It is called "Across the Universe" and it has a ton of singing and dancing in 1960s costumes. It's visually gorgeous and so strange to hear that music sung by new voices as dialog. I listened to those songs over and over (and over) when I was young until I can't pay attention to them in the original form, really. In the movie I find that hey, they really were beautiful and novel! Hey guys, there's this group called the Beatles and they're really good! lol

Across the Universe is one of my favorite movies! I have it on my recorder and watch it when there isn't anything else to watch. I bet I've seen it 50 times or more. I love all the references to other Beatles songs and trivia too.