PDA

View Full Version : Happy Night Owl here

stationarymom
March 6th, 2016, 02:45 AM
Hi I received something in the mail today,I received forum mail!! I have never received forum mail before,it made me so happy to open this surprise package and find out who the surprise sender was.May was my surprise sender,she sent me the cutest charm pack and a pair of cute embroidery scissors.May this made my day,it helped to realize that someone really knows that I exist and am important enough to be thought of.Thank you so much May.

cyndiofthevortex
March 6th, 2016, 03:13 AM
I haven't been a night owl for a long time! DD Bethany and I just landed in CA, here to visit my brother Tommy for the last time. I'm praying it will be a sweet visit. We had a bit of excitement trying to land in SF, the pilot changing his mind at the very last minute about landing due to powerful crosswinds and wind sheer. We flew to San Jose and landed safely. I did feel God had the plane in his hands and we would all be safe. And here we are, safe but tired!

stationarymom
March 6th, 2016, 03:36 AM
I'm glad you landed safely.I know this will be a hard visit for you ,I remember my Mother's friend coming to see her for the last time.She was so upset on her way out I had to follow her and comfort her instead of the other way around.I hope Tommy is aware that you are there I think it makes it a little easier for us afterwards.When my Mom was dying I heard my father tell her on the 21 that it was my birthday and she was in real bad shape(cancer).Through the night she began to get cool so my Dad came to get me and I couldn't understand why she was still hanging on. I remembered him telling her it was my bd so I told her if she was afraid to go because of that ,that it was ok to let go because my bd was over she took one breath and was gone.Try to have a good visit even though it will be difficult.I'll keep all of you in my prayers .

toggpine
March 6th, 2016, 03:57 AM
Cyndi, I hope this is a good visit. The last ones can be hard, yet rewarding. I am glad you arrived safely.

Not much going on. Em is at Nana's. We'll see how it goes with her getting some sleep on her own. She is still trying to deal with this anxiety over ghosts and aliens. Poor kid. She is doing better, but it still winds her up when she should be winding down for the night.
I finished the muffins for tomorrow's bowling party and will make the frosting for them in the morning. They have to look like cupcakes, or the bowling alley won't let us bring them in. Real cupcakes at 10 AM seemed a bit crazy for a bunch of kids. So banana-blueberry muffins with a thin layer of cream cheese frosting ought to look the part, but still be mildly nutritious.

Off to check on baby Daisy goat and tuck into my own nest.

bubba
March 6th, 2016, 04:04 AM
Joan, I believe that is true. Quite often I have heard that those dying will hold on until the survivors tell them that it will be alright if they go. MM's mom, who had ovarian cancer, held on as long as she could and it was not until her last daughter told her all would be well that she finally let go. I truly believe they need to know we will be okay.

Today was fix the bathroom day. I told MM about six weeks ago that I thought the toilet was leaking. He ignored me. About two weeks ago he finally checked it and quite excitedly told me the toilet was leaking! Uh, I told you that about a month ago, remember? Oh, maybe I do. Well, today he pulled the toilet out, pulled out the vanity, had to cut out the floor as it was all swollen. For some reason whomever did the work in the first place used that pressed wood above the subfloor instead of plywood! Took him about two hours to get it all out. We went to the store to buy paint and other odds and ends, came home so he could start on the floor and the floor was all wet! It was not the toilet leaking!!! It was the pipe behind the toilet that feeds the tank......woe was me I thought. Turns out, he would have had to do all the same work anyway as the floor needed to be replaced - phew!!

Back to the store again for more odds and ends. He now has the plumbing done and the floor leveling down. I will paint tomorrow and then he will put in the new floor and vanity and replace the toilet.

Here's to hoping that I don't forget there is not a toilet in there in the middle of the night!

Cokie
March 6th, 2016, 04:08 AM
I'm not usually up this late but I was determined to figure out that darned crosswalk quilt. I finally walked away in tears because my blocks were not square when I trimmed them the way Jenny shows in the tutorial. I finally had a lightbulb moment and tried using a square ruler and it worked! So I finished 10 blocks tonight. Now I'm too wound up to sleep!

Joan, I hope you enjoy your mail - what a nice surprise. Cyndi, I hope your visit with your brother is a comfort to both of you - glad you arrived safely. Toggpine, not sure why muffins have to look like cupcakes but banana-blueberry sounds yummy!

Headed to my nest for the night!

Judy, USMC
March 6th, 2016, 04:38 AM
Last visits are so important to everyone involved! So although it will be sad be sure to mention some great memories of joyful times.

And about those creepy things that go bump in the night - my neighbor made a paper label that simply says "ZOMBIE GO AWAY" spray that "LASTS FOR 24 HOURS" and taped it on a can of Lavender Febreeze. She sprayed the bedspread every night in her room and his and hasn't had a problem with her little boy in a couple of weeks. Maybe that would work for Em?

Forum mail, safe landings, baby Daisy and incognito muffins ... life doesn't get much better. Hope the winds stay calm and your nests are not shaking.

Hulamoon
March 6th, 2016, 04:44 AM
Joan you're important :)

My favorite uncle was dying of cancer and we flew to go see him. Had dinner and he was gone in two days. I know he waited. He had no children so I was like a daughter. I do believe people have the strenght to wait.

Andrea F
March 6th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Good morning everyone!

Joan, of course you are important. Too all lof us anyway!
Cyndi, I'm glad you landed safely. I hope you can somewhat enjoy your time with your brother and make some last memories. It's so sad and I'm so sorry for you and your family.

When my stepmother passed away, the nurse told us that sometimes people wait until their loved ones get there to say goodbye, and sometimes they wait until they are alone again. My middle sister was the one taking care of her mother the most and she passed away when my sister was outside for a few minutes to get some fresh air. I believe she waited for my sister to be absent.

Nothing new to report from here except for me signing up for the retreat in September. I'm so excited that I'm finally going to be there!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

MayinJerset
March 6th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Good Morning, What a big bunch of Night Owls last night, sorry I missed you all as I slept the whole night through. That's the 2nd night in a row and I may be in fear of losing my Night Owl status.

Joan you are more than welcome. Recent forum mail brightened up my day so much that I just had to PIF as best I could. I've always meant to send some out but just never got around to it.

Cyndi, Hugs and prayers for your sad journey to visit Tommy. Didn't get to say Goodbye to my parents and brothers as they all passed suddenly. Did get to say it to sister Louise, realized she was about to leave us when she apologized to me about something she did many years ago.

Pat, Isn't it wonderful how a bit of water can cause so much damage? DS#1 just had his whole downstairs replaced down to the foundation because of water damage and mold. He has had breathing problems for the past 6 months, turned out to be a lingering virus, but the mold didn't help a bit. He was over for dinner last night and feeling loads better since the contractor has finished and a cleaning crew went through the rest of the house.

toggpine
March 6th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Cokie, the bowling alley has a restaurant/grill and they don't want you bringing in outside food. They do not have a bakery, but offer birthday parties, thus they WILL allow outside cakes. Therefore, my muffins must resemble cupcakes, or be banned. The cream cheese frosting is pretty good on them and the pumpkin ones.

Pat, I have personal experience with the floor swelling routine. Why do they ignore our warnings? I have a tiled kitchen floor with electric radiant floor heat in front of the sink and island because mine wouldn't listen.
Eric dried the floor and applied some sort of penetrating epoxy, then he sanded the swollen edges level with the replaced piece. He didn't want to have to rip out the cabinets. Ugh. I didn't have a kitchen for two weeks. I became the master of cooking on the grill and single burner it had.
Glad to hear your bathroom shouldn't be out of commission that long!

auntiemern
March 6th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Joan, isn't forum mail the best?
Cyndi, prayers continuing for you and the family.

kimsophia
March 6th, 2016, 03:27 PM
I'm afraid I am an owl masquerading as a lark lately. We even made it to 8:15 church this morning. The children were given kazoos to parade out of the service to the dedication ceremony for our new accessible door. There is a ramp up front but this door now has a drive up lane, a roof to unload folks under in all weather and an elevator. So that will be nice for upcoming Holy Week services.

I do plan to do some more cross stitch today although we allegedly will get up to 60 degrees! So we'll see! :D

bubba
March 6th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Nothing new to report from here except for me signing up for the retreat in September. I'm so excited that I'm finally going to be there!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Are you coming to the states ahead of your husband?? Are you staying at the center? This is getting more exciting by the day!

bubba
March 6th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Cokie, the bowling alley has a restaurant/grill and they don't want you bringing in outside food. They do not have a bakery, but offer birthday parties, thus they WILL allow outside cakes. Therefore, my muffins must resemble cupcakes, or be banned. The cream cheese frosting is pretty good on them and the pumpkin ones.

Pat, I have personal experience with the floor swelling routine. Why do they ignore our warnings? I have a tiled kitchen floor with electric radiant floor heat in front of the sink and island because mine wouldn't listen.
Eric dried the floor and applied some sort of penetrating epoxy, then he sanded the swollen edges level with the replaced piece. He didn't want to have to rip out the cabinets. Ugh. I didn't have a kitchen for two weeks. I became the master of cooking on the grill and single burner it had.
Glad to hear your bathroom shouldn't be out of commission that long!

Just to be daring, next time you should make mini meatloafs with mashed potato frosting!!!

There was no way that this was going to dry out and then able to be sanded down. The wood has now been replaced with plywood. Lucky me, I remembered when I woke up I had to go upstairs to use the bathroom!

judimccl
March 6th, 2016, 05:59 PM
That would definitely bring some sunshine into everyone's life. :icon_wave:

judimccl
March 6th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Prayers still being said for Tommy, that he has a peaceful passing, and asking God to wrap his arms the family and give them some comfort.