THANKSGIVING and I am thankful for.......................................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

THANKSGIVING and I am thankful for.......................................

With our Canadian thanksgiving over with and the American one in just a few days, I thought I would post this so everyone could share what they are thankful for.

I will start:

1. First and foremost I am thankful for good health for the most part. I am a cancer SURVIVOR!!

2. I am thankful for family, my sons, my husband and all the others in between.

3. I am thankful that Jenny has brought us all together with this forum and to have such wonderful friends here.

And the list goes on but it is too long.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Re: THANKSGIVING and I am thankful for.......................................

I am thankful, too, Monique - thankful to know you here on the forum (one of these days I just may surprise you by winding up on your doorstep).

Most of all I am thankful for the world I live in, albeit screwed up royally right now; thankful for family close by - and a loving one at that; thankful for the love of a wonderful man . . . who is so deserving of return love; and thankful that my life has been full and colorful.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Sandy Navas
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2010

Now I'm off to dress my turkey:

dressed turkey.jpg
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• KiltedQuilter
        Missouri Star
        • Sep 2011

Um....I won't post the "poem" I wrote on Barb's thread so I'll just say....
        I'm thankful for a lot.
        For my family. For each day I get to spend with them. For all the small things, like a sunny day or a post making me giggle on here!

Ps. with ref to Number 1. Go you Monique!
        Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• quilter.martha
          Missouri Star
          • May 2011

All we have to do is look around and we can find something to be thankful for. I'm thankful most for my family and friends--I can do without most things, but people are a must! I include all of you on this forum as my family and friends. You are a blessing to me. As Tiny Tim would say, "God bless us, everyone!"
          When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• Blondie
            Missouri Star
            • May 2010

Monique,
            thank you for starting this wonderful thread.
            I, too, have so much to be thankful for. I always count MSQC and the wonderful friends I have met here as just a few of the many blessings that God has graced me with.
            I am thankful for my family ~ both the inlaws and outlaws, as they say around here ~ without them I would have nothing to be proud of or grouse about.
            And like our dear Sandy said, the love of a good man who deserves much more than this feisty gal can give - well, I get kinda mushy over my fella. He's special enough for my kids to call Daddy and that is enough for him.
            And all the usual etc's can be added on at another time.
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• KiltedQuilter
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2011

^gee wizz I can see why we don't have Thanksgiving over here....I don't think us emotional Scots(and we ARE actually a nation of big softies, especially as far as family goes) could handle it!
              I am SO soppy you wouldn't believe I am getting all mushy thinking about what I am thankful for.
              Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Divine Daisy
                Missouri Star
                • May 2011

As Kilted said, we dont 'do' thanksgiving in the UK, howeverrrrrrrrrrrrr
                i am thankful for Mr Daisy
                i am thankful for my beautiful, stroppy, clever, frustrating and adorable girls
                i am thankful for the Dr who patted my shoulder after doing my recontruction and said......Dont worry love, i made it droop to match the other one............who would have known a person could swear like i did whilst coming round from anesthetic.
                i am thankful that i am surviving and am a 'one tit wonder'
                i am thankful that i was allowed to do my job as long as i did

most of all, i am thankful for stem cell research, which WILL mean that Mr Daisy wont leave me just yet
                Blog
                http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• janluna
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2009

I am thankful that we still have our lovely Emily with us and that she is in remission, for my family and friends, that includes all of you. I think of you all as family. I'm so very thankful for my wonderful husband, he is the most loving man I have ever met. I'm thankful for the 46 years that we have spent together. I'm so thankful that he is also still with us. The same day Emily was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia, Joe was diagnosed with poly semia. He was very close to leaving this world. That is now under control but it is a difficult thing to live with. I am just so blessed with wonderful friends. And Family both at home and on this web site. What would I ever do without all of you. I am thankful for the Doan family for giving us this gift of family, love, quilting and Daily Deals. lol I am thankful for Jenny's talent and the fact that she teaches us so many wonderful things. I am thankful for a loving Father, who made us all, and for all that He has given to us, including His Son as our saviour. Blessed be your Holiday.
                  Love, hugs, and prayers for all in need, Jan L.
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• ginampls
                    The Guild President
                    • Sep 2009

right now in my life i am so thankfull for my mom! and my brothers who help me out now more then they have in the past.. i am thankful for my new extended family of my dearly departed husband. his father, his sister... they are great ppl. i am greatful to be back to work. my health is improving. and i am thankful for all of you who have prayed for me during my difficult times. thank you..
                    all the best
                    Gina

Comment

• Granny Judy
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2011

I gotta say... I'm thankful to be alive to enjoy all the wonders of this world... messed up or not, it's all we got. Am trying to make my little corner happier, brighter and enjoyable... (isn't this computer amazing?) It allows me to travel all over the world.
                      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                      :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                      X