PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Owls tucked in their nest yet?

stationarymom
March 5th, 2016, 02:47 AM
I hope the Night Owls are all good.Husband and I went out to dinner tonight it was nice we haven't been out on a Friday night, because he works 3 nights a week plus his full time job.On Fridays I'm lucky to see the whites of his eyes long enough for him to get pizza and eat a slice then he's out. I am hoping to get together with a friend tomorrow and hit some quilt stores that I have never been to.What's up in your neck of the woods?

Judy, USMC
March 5th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Oh - it's nice having a "date night" every once in a while ... even though it's just for a dinner.

Checked the mailbox to see if my Block was delivered; of course it wasn't but did get out to do some grocery shopping .

Weather was breezy and a bit of a chill in the air but not cold enough for a coat. Rained last night so the ground is still soggy. Steve missed the driveway a bit when we came back home and now there's a mud rut. Guess we'll get out there to fix it when it stops raining. We're due for more precipitation this weekend.

Hope the weather is getting better for the rest of y"all.

jjkaiser
March 5th, 2016, 03:10 AM
Just got home from work, and when I punched out and started walking to the parking lot what did I see? It's snowing and blowing and cold and windy. Yuck. So it was good to arrive home, DH in bed already but he left me with a nice blazing fire. so now I am sitting here cozy in my pjs, enjoying a glass of wine and gee it sure feels good to be all "done" for the day, with work and chores and stuff like that.Tomorrow I hope to finish hq my I Spy quilt and at least get the binding cut out and ends joined. I also have some cooking to do so we will have something to eat for the next few days. Am glad I already hit the grocery store this morning. So heck I might just be bad and stay in my pajamas all day tomorrow!

Simply Quilting
March 5th, 2016, 03:20 AM
Judy, it would be wonderful if you could send a little of that rain this way. It has became so dry here that it looks more like late October/early Nov at the end of harvest time. Patches of grass that had started to green up because of the warm weather have turned back to brown and you can just see the dust in the air.

I remember when the children were little, a date night was going grocery shopping together for the week while the babysitter watched the children. And maybe there was time to grab a quick bite to eat.

PJs all day is not a bad thing. From the sounds of your weather, they would be mighty cozy to wear. Enjoy working on your quilt.

Have a hoot of a night everyone :)

snippet
March 5th, 2016, 05:22 AM
I'm still awake. It was a really pretty day - sunshine and cool. I did a few things around the yard, then went to eat. Checked the mail and my BLOCK was there! So I took it with me to read as I ate dinner. I'm not real impressed with the patterns in this issue, but I love the stories.

Then I sat at church for a couple of hours. Tomorrow is MDO registration for non-members of the church. People begin lining up a day early to get their kids in the program. So a few of us who have keys to the church sit with the line and generally keep them company and let them in to go to the restroom. I took a late shift since I'm a night owl anyways. It's crazy to see people camping out to register kids for a program, but I guess it's really popular. The line started forming at 9am! Crazy crazy.

Now I'm home relaxing. I guess I'll head on to shower and bed now. Nite y'all.

bhaggerty
March 5th, 2016, 07:07 AM
I was up at 3:15.. . Helping DH & DS get off for their fishing tournament at Lake Sam Rayburn today! Needed to get up at 4 am anywa so can make sure DH is up and ready to leave by 5 am for her volleyball tournament (another mom picking her up at 5 am and she NEEDS to be ready on time. She will jump out of bed to get ready, just need to keep her moving along as she gets a little distracted at times.:)

I know it is crazy how people stand in line or camp out for MDO spots! Here, people go stand in line at 2-3 am. We are Catholic and when my oldest was able to enroll in PreK3, we heard about those nutty lines. We were members of our church so we had an advantage, but I still sent my DH to stand out there at 6 am (doors opened at 8). He was physically the "first in line" for parishioner registration and we got the Second to last spot, all the previous spots had been filled with siblings of existing students of the elementary school! So, many did not get in that year! And there were no available spots for non-parishioners that year.

I live in TX too! Need to go check my mail box for my Block!!

bhaggerty
March 5th, 2016, 07:08 AM
I'm still awake. It was a really pretty day - sunshine and cool. I did a few things around the yard, then went to eat. Checked the mail and my BLOCK was there! So I took it with me to read as I ate dinner. I'm not real impressed with the patterns in this issue, but I love the stories.

Then I sat at church for a couple of hours. Tomorrow is MDO registration for non-members of the church. People begin lining up a day early to get their kids in the program. So a few of us who have keys to the church sit with the line and generally keep them company and let them in to go to the restroom. I took a late shift since I'm a night owl anyways. It's crazy to see people camping out to register kids for a program, but I guess it's really popular. The line started forming at 9am! Crazy crazy.

Now I'm home relaxing. I guess I'll head on to shower and bed now. Nite y'all.

So they are standing in line an entire 24 hours early????

MayinJerset
March 5th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Didn't join the Night Owls last night as I tucked into my nest around 10 and slept through the night until 6am - that's something I haven't done in a long time.

That MDO program must be a good one to have parents lining up so long for a chance their child will be accepted, guessing it is a Heads Start program.

Every once in awhile I check a member's profile to find out their first name and was pleasantly surprised to find that jjkaiser's is Jocelyn as it is my youngest DGD's name. She has always been called Josie and a few years ago when she started high school she changed the spelling to Josi.

kimsophia
March 5th, 2016, 11:26 AM
I'm wondering what MDO is myself! Sounds like they could use extra shifts of it, it is popular!

I'm no Night Owl and must hide my beak under my wing. I was so tired after driving my friend home around 9:30 I went straight to bed and by that I mean, I climbed in bed with my clothes on! Luckily I wear comfy knits all the time. This morning I woke up with such a headache. I think I clenched my teeth last night. Owwww....

I ordered a pattern for this Easter Egg hunt sampler. It is counted cross stitch, beading and hardanger. I've never done any beading and have only just started learning hardanger, so I need to practice that on separate fabric. Easter Egg Hunt (mixed techniques): Nordic Needle (http://www.nordicneedle.com/140-920-0159)

bhaggerty
March 5th, 2016, 12:22 PM
I'm wondering what MDO is myself! Sounds like they could use extra shifts of it, it is popular!

I'm no Night Owl and must hide my beak under my wing. I was so tired after driving my friend home around 9:30 I went straight to bed and by that I mean, I climbed in bed with my clothes on! Luckily I wear comfy knits all the time. This morning I woke up with such a headache. I think I clenched my teeth last night. Owwww....

I ordered a pattern for this Easter Egg hunt sampler. It is counted cross stitch, beading and hardanger. I've never done any beading and have only just started learning hardanger, so I need to practice that on separate fabric. Easter Egg Hunt (mixed techniques): Nordic Needle (http://www.nordicneedle.com/140-920-0159)

Wow! That is quite a sampler!!! It will be gorgeous!!!!

jjkaiser
March 5th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Yes you are right, my name is Jocelyn but I use jjkaiser here, easier to spell and remember. I cannot tell you how many people I have run across who say, "No what is your first name?" thinking that is my last name. So my question is also, What is MDO stand for??

toggpine
March 5th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Not much night owning lately. I have things to do, but getting Em to sleep has been more important. We are still dealing with the ghost and alien problem. It is better, but she still has trouble going to sleep by herself. We will see how she does at Nanna's tonight.

We are almost at the end of the After Hours sewing class. There is no set curriculum, and that bugs me, so the kids kind of get to do whatever project they choose. I've signed up to help for the next session, but I am going to see about putting some structure in this. I am tired of them just making tiny pillows.

Sis and I are going out to lunch today, so that will be fun.

bhaggerty
June 4th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Yes you are right, my name is Jocelyn but I use jjkaiser here, easier to spell and remember. I cannot tell you how many people I have run across who say, "No what is your first name?" thinking that is my last name. So my question is also, What is MDO stand for??

MDO = Mother's Day Out
it is a preschool program
usually they run 9 am - 2 pm
can be anywhere from 2, 3 or 4 days per week
a lot of church's do it to give mom's breaks