PDA

View Full Version : Joey Feek

dwil23
March 4th, 2016, 10:59 PM
We had a thread about her recently and I just read that she lost her battle with cancer and passed away today at 40. What a beautiful, faithful lady. If you are not familiar with her, you can read her story on her husbands blog:

http://thislifeilive.com/

Prayers for her family.....

MRoy
March 4th, 2016, 11:01 PM
I cried while reading Rory's blog. Joey is out of pain now, my prayers are with her family.

mischiefkat
March 4th, 2016, 11:22 PM
What a sad story,but she is at peace now. prayers for her family as they carry on. Kathy

JCY
March 5th, 2016, 01:25 AM
I've been following Rory's blog & their fb page for weeks. Such a bittersweet story. She's got a new, cancer-free body now! She's singing with the angels. I first learned about them from watching the Gaither Homecoming videos. Their latest DVD & CD were released on Feb. 12. I'm waiting for the CD I ordered to come. It had been back ordered. It's such a beautiful love story.

Yes, many prayers for Rory, the whole family, & precious little 2 y.o. "Indy". Their story has touched many lives as the love of Jesus shines through.

auntiemern
March 5th, 2016, 02:42 AM
RIP Joey. So sad and tragic, yet such a beautiful story of love and faith. Prayers for Rory, Indy, and the rest of her family. and all those that deeply loved her.

snippet
March 5th, 2016, 05:33 AM
What a beautiful life she had.

I love Rory's line about how she breathed her last breath here and her first breath in heaven.

judimccl
March 5th, 2016, 04:44 PM
So sad. RIP Joey.

JCY
March 13th, 2016, 03:51 PM
There is a new posting on Rory's blog which tells all about Joey's funeral, with pictures, a video, etc. Joey was buried on their Tenn. farm. It's very touching. The Gaithers showed the latest Joey + Rory video on their TV program last night. I never tire of seeing it. I bought the CD of her songs & listen to it while I'm sewing. Rory & Indy will need our prayers in the days ahead as they deal with their loss. Joey was such a beautiful person.

JCY
March 19th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Another new posting on Rory's blog yest., This Life I Live, tells all about the memorial the town of Alexandria, IN, had in the HS gym to honor Joey. It was hosted by Bill Gaither. Many folks spoke of their remembrances, & Rory's sharing is touching. There also is an 8 min. video of portions of the service. It's worth reading & watching. Joey touched so many lives through her music & cancer journey.

jjkaiser
March 19th, 2016, 12:34 PM
I never heard of her before reading this post about her passing. So I watched the videos and read Her husband's blog. What a tribute to her! I think it is awesome that even Dolly Parton recorded a pm just for her. Thanks for sharing

JCY
March 19th, 2016, 10:13 PM
There are many videos on YouTube about Joey & Rory for those who are interested in their music & learning more about her memorial service, etc.