PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so it's Tuesday, I think.

Blondie
November 22nd, 2011, 07:46 AM

Actually, I should be posting this picture:

Good Morning! Rise and show some shine. You know you want to!

Last night I decided to be able to sleep without all the ooohhh, ouch, wah wah wah, so yep, took some pills. Yes, I most certainly did. So unlike me but hey, it worked. I was tempted to have a toddy to go with it but decided I was getting a wee bit old to be mixing pills with booze. Shucks. I remember how much fun the 70's were, I think.

The rest of this week will be a blur of cooking, working and you know the rest of that story since you are going to be turned into a crazed one as well with all the things that need to be done.
I will most likely turn into a fly by night. Quick, find that broom I put away on Nov. 1 !!!!

Have a great day everyone!

janluna
November 22nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Happy thanksgiving to everyone, just in case we miss each other. I know how busy everyone is at this time.
Blondie, I'm so glad you got some relief and some sleep. I'm saying prayers for all your bumps and bruises to go away quickly. Didn't you just have another fall not to long ago. You ended up in bed with a head injury. If you keep falling like this maybe you should get checked out. Just worried about you. Hugs to you darlin girl, Jan L.

mianmom
November 22nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
Good morning al! Glad you got some sleep Blondie!

Today my plan is to finish wrapping a deer and get it in the freezer so that I can have my kitchen back. Tomorrow we will be having our Thanksgiving dinner because DH has to work on thursday. So in between I would like to be able to work some on the placemats that Im making, but it will probably have to wait until tomorrow or thursday.

Hope erveryone has a great day!

quilter.martha
November 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Morning all! It will be a busy day here--lots to do to get ready for Thanksgiving and then some class work preparation as well. Probably no sewing time for me today. But I did get some therapy over the weekend and accomplished a bit. Perhaps later I can post some pics.

Our DD flies in this evening from college. Can't wait to see her! Thanksgiving is always a short visit, but I'll take it. In person is always so much better than a phone call.

Love and blessings to you all!

Monique
November 22nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone.

Blondie sometimes we just a little extra for a wonderful night's sleep.

This morning I was awakened by a dream I was having. I was being bitten by little dogs. To know what this means to me, is I AM TERRIFIED of dogs. So I woke up scared and angry, I was stuffed up and had a sore neck. So I got up.

Yesterday I made another charm tote. My goodness they are so easy to make. I did not even look at the instructions once. I only have 5 more to make.

Then I went through a bin I had full of fabric. I found treasures. A soft book to make of ABC's. Thinking that one for Maizyn. I have never made one before but they can't be that hard, can they?

Probably another tote again today too.

Have a wonderful day my quilty friends.

Beakkmom
November 22nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Blondie, your pics are so expressive - and I'm glad you got some sleep, with Thanksgiving nearly here you'll need your energy! Tonight after work I'll start baking, relatives start showing up tomorrow. DH and some of the fellows will be hunting Thanksgiving morning so we'll eat about 3:00. DD's thought we'd ought to get the wine out as we cook....hmm....wine as we cook... on empty stomachs and not eating until 3:00. Could be fun!

Thanksgiving Blessings to you gals, we're all gearing up for 'the big one'.

Lin

Blondie
November 22nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks Jan, yes, I fell in June and bumped my head hard but that was because of a horrible virus that left me dehydrated. Not to worry; I don't have probs with vertigo or balance. Just a clumsy one not watching where I was going. You know some folks (like me) can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Hugs and thanks for the extra prayers!

Bubby
November 22nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Good Morning,

We got four inches of rain last night and it's still raining! it will be gloomy all day - perfect for sewing all day! DH is off to work and Molly is laying on my feet wanting me to get up and pay attention to her.

Blondie, glad you got some good sleep last night. I've been sleeping like a baby the past week, most likely from the sinus pills I've been taking. It doesn't take much to put me to sleep lately!!

I love the snowman pillow that was posted yesterday. I went to AllPeopleQuilt.com and downloaded the pattern....cute! These will make cute little Christmas gifts for my neighbors. I need to get in the swing of Christmas.

I'm off to eat breakfast and start my day....Hugs all around, Barb

Loonwatcher
November 22nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Good Morning.

Today is more of the same for me. Work, groceries, etc. Hopefully the taper will show up tonight and finish so I can begin painting on Thursday. Probably grab a turkey roll or something small for DS and myself. And he has to have a pumpkin pie. I'll do a big meal after DH gets home from deer hunting in NY.

Everyone stay safe over the holiday, especially those of you who venture out for Black Friday. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for my DH, DS and all of you!

Hugs,

meemeecyn
November 22nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Good morning, everyone! Sounds like we all are in the process of preparing for Turkey Day! Boy, it crept up on me this year! But I must say I have so much to be grateful for.....and that includes finding this Forum and meeting all you special folks!
Have a great day!
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
November 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Good Morning, Quilty Friends!!

Everyone is so busy and someone reminded me that I need to take my big bird out of the freezer and start thawing! Yikes, should have started yesterday but I wasn't home.

I have at least three little girls showing up here in a couple of hours to help me 'decorate' for Thanksgiving. They all have plans - one has something up her sleeve about a badminton birdie that she's going to color and we're supposed to throw it around the table during dinner ?????????? They have made paper doll pilgrims and Indians to put around the drinking glasses. We're making turkeys using Oreo cookies, candy corn, mini Reeses peanut butter cups and Whoppers. Maybe someday I will get to sew again.

Hugs to everyone! Prayers where needed. Thanks for everything I've gained from this forum!

toggpine
November 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
Sandy, there will always be time for sewing, but the kids grow up so fast. Enjoy them while you can. You already know that, but I thought I'd just state the obvious. The Oreo turkeys sound like fun, but I am a little skeptical of the badminton birdie idea too.

We are getting a deluge of rain here too with some high winds thrown in for fun. Hubby decided that he was not going in to work today since all of the weather and traffic reports were so awful. His commute is normally about an hour and a half. We figured he could add in at least another 45 minutes to that this morning. Who knows what tonight would look like after even more rain is expected. The fact that he does most of his work outside was also a deciding factor in staying home.

I hope that between the two of us we can entertain the baby grandson today. We have baby duty from 10 to 7 today while his daddy works. Emily has a snorklely nose and does not want to get out of bed for school today. So I get to go drag her out of her cozy bed to go to school. Wish me luck!

Catch you all later, and don't go too crazy with the baking and cooking thing. The holidays are supposed to be fun!
Hugs, Cathy

KiltedQuilter
November 22nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
I SO thought I had posted here! Think I am going nuts...I would have put money on it.

Re-writing from memory what I wrote(in my sleep?) I was saying what a nice day it was here in Scotland. Blue blue sky and no cloud to speak of. Lovely!

My son went to school(after me worrying about him not being ok, seems he's more grown up than I give him credit for). He just told me "mum, I'd rather be at school so I can talk about it with my friends" and off he trotted. Bless him.
I think he might be upset again on the actual day of the funeral(for those who maybe missed my post yesterday, his friend died of a brain haemorrhage at the weekend) but at least he knows I am here as a shoulder.
Boy, oh boy, when did my first born get so grown up that he's having to deal with things like his? Wish I could protect him from it all, but I can't can I?

Anyway, on a cheerier note Happy Thanksgiving to all my cyber friends over the pond(just in case, as Janluna says, I miss saying it to you guys!

x