PDA

View Full Version : Snow Owl tonight...

MayinJerset
March 4th, 2016, 02:55 AM
so I'm telling everyone to be careful out there tonight, lots of slippery roads. I'm on watch duty tonight so I'm keeping myself warm with a big travel cup of hot chocolate. Wish I had some Social Tea cookies to dip in the chocolate but too messy to do here out on my watch tree limb. That will be my treat when I'm back in my tree hole nest. Sorry should have added photo of owl with snow but can't seem to delete this warm and happy guy.

Simply Quilting
March 4th, 2016, 03:20 AM
I like your owl. He looks very cute.

The wind has stopped blowing here finally. It is a bit on the cool side. All quiet here for now.

Have a warm and safe night :)

stationarymom
March 4th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Hoot hoot are you on watch all night May? it's cold here and supposed to get a little snow later in the night too.I'm sitting in my nest with a hot cup of tea.I was wondering does anyone know of a good source for border fabrics? I'd like to make the table runner with the 60 degree ruler but haven't seen a fabric I like yet.

redcaboose1717
March 4th, 2016, 03:39 AM
It was VERY nasty when I was out today ( had to pick up medications & do some much needed shopping ) ....and by the time I got home,it was one slippery, snowy mess here in Michigan where I live. The roads were so bad, that most people were only going about 20-25 miles per hour. I prayed all the way home that I wouldn't have to stop for a stoplight in a couple of places along the way.( two of these places really get slippery due to all the starts & stops ).
I got groceries enough to last us for a couple of days while this weather is bad.......The kids probably don't have school tomorrow either I suppose.
Mayinjerset.......your OWL is really cute ! Last year I made some greeting cards with owls ( using paper punches ) and seeing your owl made me think of how much fun it was to make those cards!

LauraP
March 4th, 2016, 04:12 AM
stationarymom--try this one. I really liked the cupcakes for a table runner.

Border Prints - Panels / Books / Borders - Fabric (http://www.bugfabric.com/fabric/panels-book-panels-borders/border-prints.html)

LauraP
March 4th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Anybody give a good shoulder massage? I just finished two purses and a stack of potholders for the March birthday party this weekend. Yesterday I made a standing mixer reversible cover and I have got the duvet cover front done and am working on the back. Will probably have to cut some more denim squares tomorrow to finish it. Hopefully I will have it done so it can go to Arkansas this weekend too. Save on postage cuz it's one heavy dude. Should work for the autistic guy who requested it.
Next week I am going to read and then start on a tulip quilt for me.
Glad everyone's keeping warm. It is 36 here.

Judy, USMC
March 4th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Sorry that so many of you north of me are having cold and white stuff. Down here it's cold but still above freezing so the fat raindrops are just splatting on the pavement.

Don't know how much more the ground can soak up. Over 8" of rain since Jan 1st. Expecting more over this weekend too. You guys stay warm and I'll try to stay dry.

MayinJerset
March 4th, 2016, 04:27 AM
Made my rounds and it is nice and quiet in the area. My watch is over in a few hours but there is no reason for me to freeze out here the rest of the night so I will keep my eyes and ears on the scene from my tree hole nest. Now I can warm myself up with more hot chocolate and dunk a few cookies as a treat. Any problems just give me a few loud Hoots and I'll right with you.

redcaboose1717
March 4th, 2016, 05:53 AM
I would really like for find a "Winter" home in a mild climate for Hubs and I ........I think he is ready to move to a warmer climate 5-6 months out of the year. This year has really been cold and snow here. The weather is so bad here it's messing up the Cable TV ....and that's something that usually doesn't happen here too much. The TV has went out about 6 times in the last hour, so I just turned it off.
I just finished watching Jenny's newest tutorial, the Ohio Star.....I really liked the way Jenny explained it, so much so I think I might make some table runners for a few friends of mine that live in Ohio.

Well, I think I might go take a look at my stash to see what I could use to make these table runners.....then too, maybe a trip to either MSQC online store and when the weather gets better I can take a trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics. ( like I need more fabric ! LOL ! )

Take care fellow NIGHT OWLS !

CraftyJnet
March 4th, 2016, 08:13 AM
It's 3:12am here and I just awoke from a nightmare. I just wanted to say it is so comforting to come here and read the posts from the nightowls. Thanks for sharing, it really makes a difference.

redcaboose1717
March 4th, 2016, 08:24 AM
It's 3:12am here and I just awoke from a nightmare. I just wanted to say it is so comforting to come here and read the posts from the nightowls. Thanks for sharing, it really makes a difference.

Nightmares ......I had one last night. After I woke up, I stayed up for the rest of the night.....It is really comforting to know that you can sign on to MSQC forum any time of the day or night...seems like there's always someone here !

kimsophia
March 4th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Sorry to miss y'all in the night time but this is one confused owl reporting in! I can't seem to make it to 10:30, let alone midnight...I wanted to watch the Warriors game which started at 9:30 here but was asleep on the couch a few minutes into it. I woke up in the 4th quarter and went to bed. They were well ahead so I figured they'd win.

I belong to Freecycle, which is a place to donate things you don't want to other people so you keep it out of the landfill, or to ask for things you want. Today a Head Start teacher wants magazines and I had about 25 pounds of Garden Design magazines neatly collecting dust in my sewing room closet. So, with donating them, I am able to clear space on a shelf for photo albums! Woot woooo @,@ Be careful in the weekend weather, folks!

MayinJerset
March 4th, 2016, 10:45 AM
KIM, Thanks for mentioning Freecycle, I belong to my local one but haven't checked its' site in awhile. I have some items none of the family want and think I'll see if anyone on Freecycle would like them