PDA

View Full Version : Stress for today

KarenC
March 3rd, 2016, 03:11 PM
Only daughter gets married tomorrow. (Thanks that I only have one daughter right now.) Last night, shopping for cake topper, ribbon to decorate party favors, etc. DD, I don't like any of these garters, can you just make me one?
Me:, sure honey, I'll have to see what I have at home to work with. Today, home with no car, since son is using my car to visit friends while I town, trying to finish her laundry (she had to go pick up fiancÚ's ring) What do I have. Find lace from my wedding dress, ribbon from gifts, and thankfully I have a piece of elastic that has stretch. 3 hours left to cut up fruit to take to the venue tonight at rehearsal. Isn't it wonderful to be a mom! I am excited about the wedding, but will be glad when it's over too. Happy Thursday.

Oh yeah, her wedding ring comes in tomorrow. Should be available 4 hours before the wedding. She gets her procrastination from her dad, no doubt. Thanks for letting me relieve my stress.

asta
March 3rd, 2016, 03:17 PM
Sounds like you have it under control! My DD was the same-procrastination big time-when it came to planning her wedding, in the end it all turned out wonderfully.

Best wishes to the newlyweds. Have a great time.

Lori63
March 3rd, 2016, 03:35 PM
I know it will seem impossible, but try to take a minute to breathe and relax, it will all go by so quickly you will forget too much! And you know what? If something doesn't get done, it will still be okay. Chances are no one will notice or it will be a good story to tell!

After the wedding, take time to relax and ten post pics so we can see! The garter too!

Enjoy!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 3rd, 2016, 04:34 PM
Looming Deadlines are scary, especially to the non-procrastinator! But some people thrive on the " making it by the skin of my teeth" timeframe! Hope it all turns out OK!

judimccl
March 3rd, 2016, 05:33 PM
Yup, sounds like you have it all under control. Where would they be without us, lol. Congrats on the wedding, and make sure you get some time to yourself to distress once this is all over. :icon_wave:

YellowCockatiel
March 3rd, 2016, 06:19 PM
I'm getting nervous just reading this!!! I ran off to New York and eloped.

Best of luck to the happy couple.

jjkaiser
March 3rd, 2016, 06:39 PM
What would your daughter do without you?!!! Here's hoping for sunny skies 2moro and a wonderful day for all!

stationarymom
March 4th, 2016, 03:12 AM
Congratulations! and good Luck with everything tomorrow,remember to take some deep breaths and enjoy the moment.

bhaggerty
March 4th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Congrats! Everything will be fine! Enjoy the day!!

redcaboose1717
March 4th, 2016, 08:29 AM
I think a lot of DD procrastinate near their wedding day. My DD made me really nervous.....
Last month about 24 hrs before my DD's sister-in-law to be's wedding , my sweet DD calls up and asks if I would make her SIL to be a garter....they forgot to buy one ....Sure, "mom" will take care of it !!!

Well, after the wedding you can relax. My DH took me to a fancy hotel for two nights after our DD's wedding...it was so nice.

shermur
March 4th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Sorry for the stress....

That's why I've told my daughters...elope! It's cheaper and more romantic; it shouldn't have the stress that weddings have deemed necessary now-a-days. I'll be more than happy to look at their photos later!

The only wedding of our 5 children that we have attended (our son in southern Texas, 9 years ago), a ridiculous amount of money was spent with a year of planning. DIL's parents added 1000 sq ft to their home for the additional guests, a gazebo was built, 2 acres of sod laid in the yard, white tent, china, two cakes. doves.......DIL's zipper broke on the wedding dress and was sewn into the dress. All that money spent and all the chaos that came with it. No worth any of it.

And before the day was done? Everyone exhausted. no one had really gotten to visit and for a bunch of foo-foo for one day?

I hope your DD's wedding day is much calmer and the stress doesn't get too bad by the time the day is done. Good luck, KarenC!

easyquilts
March 4th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Ahhhh... What a wonderful time in your life... Enjoy every minute if it... Sounds like you have everything under control...

Wishing your daughter a wonderful wedding day...

KarenC
March 6th, 2016, 12:45 AM
First of all, THANKS for all of your words of encouragement. The bride was beautiful, the wedding was beautiful. Sunny skies and 65-70 degree temps. Beautiful sunset. I could not have asked for better. Then today, had family over for lunch and visiting. (All family was from out of state.) It was great for my siblings and those of my ex, to be able to visit. Everyone had a great time. Now it's back to quiet. Have 4 tax returns to complete and file tomorrow, then next week I can get back to the sewing room for more calmness. Will post a photo when I figure out how.

Oops, I forgot. Brother and his family is coming back on Wednesday for a basketball tournament. Oh well, 3 days of calmness, better than none!

redcaboose1717
March 6th, 2016, 06:28 AM
My Son-in-Law created a lot of chaos prior to the wedding. He wanted everything HIS way, actually even suggested that DH & I write my DD a check with the amount blank !
Sure, it caused a lot of friction.....but it the end she had a nice outdoor wedding just the same. There were things that she now says she wishes that she had stood her ground about, but all in all it was a great day....although I was exhausted for days afterwards. I gave into catering the wedding, and I shouldn't have. I wanted to have it catered ( it wasn't that big of a wedding.... ) and afterwards, my DD admitted it was just too much work and worry.....She's been married since 2001.....has 2 kids and moved pretty close to me about 2 yrs ago, ( I actually can see her backyard when I go out to my mailbox to get the mail. )
Oh...BTW....SIL didn't get his way about the blank check ! :-0)

KarenC
March 6th, 2016, 06:50 AM
My Son-in-Law created a lot of chaos prior to the wedding. He wanted everything HIS way, actually even suggested that DH & I write my DD a check with the amount blank !
Sure, it caused a lot of friction.....but it the end she had a nice outdoor wedding just the same. There were things that she now says she wishes that she had stood her ground about, but all in all it was a great day....although I was exhausted for days afterwards. I gave into catering the wedding, and I shouldn't have. I wanted to have it catered ( it wasn't that big of a wedding.... ) and afterwards, my DD admitted it was just too much work and worry.....She's been married since 2001.....has 2 kids and moved pretty close to me about 2 yrs ago, ( I actually can see her backyard when I go out to my mailbox to get the mail. )
Oh...BTW....SIL didn't get his way about the blank check ! :-0)
I'm glad your wedding worked out, and I definitely agree with you about the blank check. No way that would happen here. Luckily, I am fortunate to have a great job and saved for this several years ago, so the financial piece was not a problem.