PDA

View Full Version : It's Thurday!

MayinJerset
March 3rd, 2016, 09:38 AM
Yes it is so get ready for the weekend. We're supposed to get snow but hope not as I have a very much needed appointment to have my hair cut and colored, and a little waxing too.

Did you know that M* has a Mans Land in Hamilton? A place with big comfy looking leather recliners that our DH's can relax in and watch big screen TV while we shop our little hearts and legs off. Nice looking décor with a fireplace and big pool table. So gals, if your DH is protesting a trip to M* give him a look at Man's Land on their blog.

kimsophia
March 3rd, 2016, 10:09 AM
Good morning, May, from a reverse Night Owl...I was so sleepy I actually couldn't keep my eyes open. I fell asleep on the couch first and then staggered to bed. Now I've been awake since 4:30. I just never know when I'll be conscious! :icon_beuj:

I am still working on the tan biscornu. Man do I have trouble with this pattern. My brain keeps inverting the pattern and it doesn't help that the linen is so finely woven. I finally had to draw on the fabric with a FriXion pen.

I'm going to enjoy stocking up on embroidery floss at Jo-Ann's two for one thread sale. At least I hope floss is included!

Come vacuum my corners next, May... ;-)

Monique
March 3rd, 2016, 10:57 AM
Good morning from retreat land. Another quilt done and yesterday we all made wallets. I can't post pictures until I get home. I think today may include another shopping trip,so I will go and probably buy more stuff I don't need. One more day here and then it's back to the real world.

Have a wonderful day friends!

Judy, USMC
March 3rd, 2016, 10:58 AM
Morning all - had a cyst removed from the back of my ear a while ago and it still aches. Rolled over in my sleep and awoke with a terrible soreness that just doesn't want to go away.

Saw the first steps of the Man Cave at the 2015 Birthday Bash. The recliners were in and Jenny was joking that they needed TV remotes (working or not) just to make the menfolk feel more comfortable when they were sitting in front of the flat screen.

And always love a good floss sale - Hope it's included too!

ceiliam
March 3rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
Morning I tended my great-niece and nephews tues nite and wed while their parents went to Vegas was 12th anniversary . love them but really tired. Class this afternoon ,hoping to get another blouse cut out. Hope all have a great day

Cathy F
March 3rd, 2016, 01:17 PM
Morning all,
Been a busy week and haven't made the morning post much, by the time I got to read it was late afternoon most days.

Been working on a theater fund raiser for our service club that will be held this Sunday. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year. We assembled 58 gift baskets that will be raffled and have gotten numerous gift cards donated. It is a luncheon, raffle, and a play. This year's selection is Godspell. Was also at Mercy Center this week for a craft night with the girls that are residing there. Was a fun evening for them they made beaded bracelets and we had fix your own Sundays for a dessert for them.
Have also managed to do a bit of sewing this week on my Prarie Flower quilt. I have 9 blocks of the 20 done. This pattern goes together really nicely and fairly quick which is what I needed to relax with.

Hoping the weather man is wrong with his prediction of snow. Seems for every nice day we've been having we're paying for it with one of rain, snow, or wind!
Off the get my baking done for a class I'm teaching tonight. Hugs to those who need a few extra today!

SewnByBee
March 3rd, 2016, 04:51 PM
..............................127111.....lol...... 😉

It's still Thursday.... lol..... so I'll go ahead and say Hello to everyone. It turned off COLD and nasty here today......after it was so nice yesterday, it's really shocking.So I stayed wrapped up and lazy all morning.

I spent yesterday out with both my kids. We had the best day. It was warm, sunny, sign's. Of spring with little butter cups here and there. The bird's we're signing and it felt like spring. I am ready for it to stay that way.

We are so busy trying to get all the baby ready done. There's an endless list of things to do yet. I forgeot how much there was to get and set up....... maybe we'll get it together before baby boy comes.

Hope your all doing well. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back around more often as we settle down.

Take care.....see you latter

............................127110☺