PDA

View Full Version : March First Night Owl

toggpine
March 2nd, 2016, 05:12 AM
Not much going on in our woods tonight. The old Anatolian must be bent out of shape with his pasture mates as he is reading them the riot act. My guess is the older buck found Otis' stash of dog kibble and made himself a midnight snack.

I did finish the cat bed, but I don't have a verdict in on how comfy it is yet. I'll know it's a keeper if I find them in it in the morning.

The wind has been blowing and driving rain here most of the afternoon into the night. Thankfully we still have power, as there are some areas that don't. We'll have to wait to see what the roads look like in the morning. We have has several good blows already this year, so I'd figure most of the shaky stuff should have come down already.

We are finishing up the Hands On Art projects for this trimester. The kids are making their version of the Watts Towers by Simon Rhodia. Basically a lesson in Whimsical Vernacular Architecture, while exposing them to basic sculptural materials like wires, beads, and clay with a bit of mosaic thrown in for fun. While it was fun to make, I have no idea what we will do with it long term, unless some luck family member receives them for Christmas....

Tomorrow is an early day, so I'm off to tuck into the nest!
Happy Hooting! Hugs, Cathy