PDA

View Full Version : Early Tuesday Night Owl

kimsophia
March 2nd, 2016, 05:09 AM
Hoot hoot! Who's awake? I fell asleep during the Warriors game but Steph Curry wasn't playing. They won in OT but the Bulls lost....again. It's very cold in the tree here tonight...15 degrees according to one bank thermometer I passed.

I continue working on the winter biscornu. I tried satin floss today. It's rayon and very slippery, but very shiny. I'm not sure if I like the look or not...

Hoot your status! @,@

toggpine
March 2nd, 2016, 05:14 AM
Dang it! I looked to see if there were any other owls about, but I just missed this post!

Happy stitching! Cathy

kimsophia
March 2nd, 2016, 05:38 AM
no problem...it used to be May and I posting simultaneously :)

Carol336
March 2nd, 2016, 06:19 AM
4am and I'm awake - one more time. I did sleep alot yesterday though. Fighting a sinus infection and finally went to the dr for some antibiotics yesterday and for some reason they usually make me drowsy when I first start on them.

Kim - you're always working on such interesting creations.....looking forward to seeing your embrodery piece.

I was making some of those cute little boxy bags for our DIL and when DH saw them he ask me to make him one a little bigger for his dance shoes. We belong to a dance club and go dancing often....usually a couple times a week. Everyone carries their dance shoes with them because the bottoms are suede and can't be worn on the street. So - light bulb moment - why not make a couple for the silent auction and or door prizes for our upcoming annual dance weekend at the beach. So I made 2 and had planned to give them to a committee member when we went dancing last night...but I was too sick to go. So DH took them for me....and the little devil must have decided to stay and dance a few, because he still wasn't home when I fell asleep around 10:30. I'm dying to know what everyone thought of the dance bags, and if they think they can use them for door prizes or silent auction items. But I'll be nice and let the dancing fool sleep for a little while longer.....I mean after all he had a hard night dancing - LOL

kimsophia
March 2nd, 2016, 06:40 AM
Wow, that sounds like serious dancing! Is it ballroom dancing? I just put my shoes in zip loc bags when I'm packing...

Carol336
March 2nd, 2016, 07:18 AM
No Kim.....it's called Hand Dancing.....which is a slowed down version of the jitter bug/bop we used to do as teenagers.
Here's a few pics of one of the bags I made....I didn't get a pic of the second one.

redcaboose1717
March 2nd, 2016, 07:39 AM
I have been up.....the weather is horrible here. We got about 8-9 inches. I think the snow finally stopped. School was closed for Wednesday on the 5pm Tuesday news.....so they expected nasty weather. I went out to get just a few supplies ( milk, bread etc ) at the local Dollar General that's about 2 miles from my home.
I slept a little longer than I normally do. I have been answering emails for about 45 minutes before I signed on to the forum.

MayinJerset
March 2nd, 2016, 09:22 AM
Official Night Owl duty is over as it is after 7am here in Jersey so I'm heading into my nest as I'm chilled from the cold and damp. Not sure if it's going to rain all day as there is a bit of daylight behind the big black cloud overhead. Not planning to go outside today as DH and I will be doing some housekeeping. This afternoon I want to sew so I'll ask him drop off the big bag of fabric scraps for my Guild. Our meeting place building will be open as our community outreach groups will be working on donation quilts, Time of coffee to energize me for the day.

Carol, Those dance shoe bags are terrific - they will go over really big as auction items.
Sugar - Snuggle in at home after all that snow.
Cathy, Hope the old goat has quieted down by now,
Kim, show us your project when it's finished.

kimsophia
March 2nd, 2016, 04:27 PM
For those interested, I uploaded some photos of my latest work in the counted cross stitch album of my profile. :)

judimccl
March 3rd, 2016, 05:09 PM
Hope you feel better soon, and that those antibiotics do there job! I would think they would love to have those dance bags for the silent auction - what a great idea. :icon_wave: