PDA

View Full Version : boB's world is changing

BobW
February 29th, 2016, 09:48 PM
I have shared this news with some individuals so far, but since it is getting closer I decided to share it on the forum.

I am moving from Jefferson City to Fulton, MO. It is about 25 miles from where I currently live. I was born in Fulton and lived here until about 12 years old and returned while I was in college. I haven't lived here since 1985 or 86. I have a friend who lives here that doesn't have any family left and has cancer, so i am moving in with him to help him keep his home up. This also puts me closer to my brother who has cancer.

I'm sad leaving the place i've called home for the past six years, but I think it is time. I'm trying to keep this as a positive move for me as well, some of my health issues have gotten worse and hopefully this will help resolve some of them. I moved much of my sewing/quilting treasures (or as some would say junk) today. i plan on making the complete move in about two weeks. I may not be very active on the forum, as I am packing and getting things ready for moving.

Please keep me in your positive thoughts and hopefully I'll be back on the forum more when I get setted. I will probaby lurk and try to keep up with everyone.

CraftySweetPeas
February 29th, 2016, 09:55 PM
I am sure your help will be greatly appreciated and I hope you will benefit from this move as well. To put this in perspective for me, I looked at the map. I see you're ONE MINUTE closer to MSQC....you can just tell us....it's OK...:icon_wave:

Connie Jo
February 29th, 2016, 10:00 PM
You are such a good friend to do that. Hopefully, every things is great for both of you.

quiltingtrish
February 29th, 2016, 10:09 PM
I'll miss your posts in the next few weeks but I wish your move goes as smoothly as possible for you. I will pray for your friend.

Midge
February 29th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Bob, sorry to hear you have to move when you are having your own health problems, but once you are settled in I imagine you will feel relief being closer to help your friend and see more of your brother. And just to be clear, it's not quilting junk. It's quilting junque. Sounds tonier, doesn't it? :D

K. McEuen
February 29th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Just throw a couple nitwits in the backseat and the new place will feel like home in no time.

GrammaBabs
February 29th, 2016, 11:06 PM
All positive vibes coming from me dear friend... and YES,, you are a dear friend for helping your buddies... that is after all what we are put here for right.... I just know this will be a good thing for you Bob... My thoughts and prayers are for you as well, that your health issues improve and allow you to do all the things you love so much... Take care... Good Luck.. Hugs, GrammaBabs:))

BobW
February 29th, 2016, 11:11 PM
Just for the record I am not taking up residence at Fulton State Hospital. It is the oldest continuously operated mental hospital West of the Missouri River. LOL

Simply Quilting
February 29th, 2016, 11:25 PM
boB, praying that you have a safe, smooth move. Praying for your health. I am glad that you are able to help your friend and will be closer to your brother.

asta
February 29th, 2016, 11:53 PM
Best wishes for a positive outcome! Really, good luck on the move, enjoy your time with family and friends. Hope to see you in Sept.

Pandabear
March 1st, 2016, 12:04 AM
Good luck and try not to stress. Listen to great music and have fun with the move.

Lori63
March 1st, 2016, 12:16 AM
Bob, good luck in your new adventure! You have such a positive personality that I just know you will do great in your new home. You are a good friend to help out your friend.

I hope your health is good too, I really hope I get to see you at another retreat soon!

Grandma G
March 1st, 2016, 12:21 AM
You are a wonderful friend to take this challenge on. I hope your own health issues make a positive change, too. Hopefully you will settle in and be back on the forum soon. It is always fun to read your posts. Take care.

jjkaiser
March 1st, 2016, 12:25 AM
Change can be scary but usually brings along something good that was unexpected. I know your brother and friend will be happy to have you right there looking after them, helping others is good therapy for yourself tooYou know when you move its the last load that gets thrown out because there is no room for it, so it was smart of you to move all your quilting stuff first!

bubba
March 1st, 2016, 12:40 AM
Just for the record I am not taking up residence at Fulton State Hospital. It is the oldest continuously operated mental hospital West of the Missouri River. LOL

I think you should have state this from the get go!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 1st, 2016, 01:21 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for us! LOL!

Seriously, good luck in your move and you are indeed a good friend to do this.

kimsophia
March 1st, 2016, 01:29 AM
God bless you, Bob; caregivers are the real life heroes. :icon_hug:

stationarymom
March 1st, 2016, 02:22 AM
Bob I'm sorry you are leaving your home but ,but I bet when you get settled in you'll feel better about leaving there.I wish you ,your brother and friend all the best just make sure to remember to take care of yourself while helping your friend and brother.I know how easy it becomes to put our own needs on the back burner when caring for others.Let us know how things are going when you have a chance.

Hulamoon
March 1st, 2016, 02:29 AM
It's nice that you all have a support for each other.Keep us updated.

Bubby
March 1st, 2016, 02:50 AM
I wish you a good move, boB. Fulton is a nice town. You will be a blessing to your friend and it will be good for you to be closer to your brother.

MayinJerset
March 1st, 2016, 03:25 AM
God Bless your move.

lapeoples
March 1st, 2016, 05:38 AM
Sorry for all the upheaval you are going through. Hoping everything goes smoothly

Bouse
March 1st, 2016, 07:20 AM
Best wishes for a trouble free move. The companionship will likely do both of you the world of good.

Nidan_07
March 1st, 2016, 07:44 AM
Should I notify the authorities in Fulton now that you're on your way back to town, boB? I guess they will find out soon enough!!

All the very best for a safe move. I hope that your health improves, and you settle in quickly and easily. What a great friend, you are.

Monique
March 1st, 2016, 07:45 AM
All the best Bob!

Carol336
March 1st, 2016, 08:29 AM
What a wonderful friend you are Bob.....God Bless You. I'm sure you're going to miss the nitwits, but I have no doubt you'll be finding a few of those in your new environment. Praying for an easy move for you Bob, and also for healing and comfort for you, your friend and your brother.

Ginny B
March 1st, 2016, 09:21 AM
Good luck with your move Bob. What a good friend you are. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Grandma Nan
March 1st, 2016, 09:29 AM
boB I know how much you enjoyed your nitwit friends and the whole social circle you have developed. This will be hard for you but it is an amazing gesture for you to move to help out with your friend. Take care of yourself too.

Sandy Navas
March 1st, 2016, 10:16 AM

WELL . . . there went MY retort!!

Now, on the normal side of things, I certainly appreciate where you are coming from and want to add my little bit of encouragement as you make this major transition!! Say hi to moM.

MRoy
March 1st, 2016, 10:35 AM
Wishing you the best on your move! I noticed on FB that several folks are looking forward to you returning "home". You'll have your posse rounded up in no time. Take care friend.

ceiliam
March 1st, 2016, 11:49 AM
Wishing you all the best . you are a good friend and brother. Just remember to take care of you ,this allows you to help others positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way

RockinLou
March 1st, 2016, 11:50 AM
Good luck with everything!

LauraP
March 1st, 2016, 12:19 PM
Darn, I was hoping I would get a roommate here in Kansas' State Hospital for the mentally emancipated:icon_happy: I'm sure you will make this a good happening and will visit your current home to keep up with friends. It's not like you are moving from NY to Calif. and can never go back.

JaniceR
March 1st, 2016, 12:58 PM
Bob, good luck with your move and hope it goes very smoothly. You are a wonderful friend and good brother to be doing this. May God bless you, your friend, and your brother. Please take care of yourself through all this!

grammaterry
March 1st, 2016, 01:18 PM
Bob, this is going to be a real positive move, not only for your friends and family , but for you. You'll be able to share your skills and hobbies with a whole new group of people and perhaps your health will improve because of this

mommadeb
March 1st, 2016, 06:09 PM
You are a truly kind person for moving to help your friend and brother. Good luck with your move.

sewbizzy
March 1st, 2016, 07:30 PM
Bob, good luck on your move....I'm sure it will work out...
you are doing a wonderful thing to help all involved...you, your friend, and your brother...

judimccl
March 1st, 2016, 07:48 PM
Good luck on your move - it sounds like you are making it for all the right reasons. will say some prayers for you during what I sure is a trying time emotionally for you. :icon_wave:

auntiemern
March 1st, 2016, 11:14 PM
Such a wonderful friend you are. I know first hand what having you for a friend is like. Not everyone would fall down the stairs just to keep me from getting hurt. But that is just the kind of great guy you are. I know this will be an emotional move for you, leaving the Nit Wits behind, but you are doing it for all the right reasons. Now they will have a reason to travel to Fulton. Prayers for a smooth and painless transition....(you aren't being incarcerated at the local state pen though, are you?) LOL...I know way to much about the penal institutes in our state. Such is life...see you in Hamilton.

BobW
March 2nd, 2016, 01:47 AM
Not going to the state pen, state mental hospital or the state school for the deaf.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ������

mommamarsh
March 2nd, 2016, 02:57 AM
Hoping for only the best for you. Maybe you will be able to have a fur baby !

snippet
March 2nd, 2016, 04:28 AM
It will be a great move for you. I'm so glad you'll be closer to your brother and living with your friend. What a caring guy. Maybe you can even get your friend interested in quilting! :)

And for the other residents, you could hire them to make quilts! There's a big business for making t-shirt quilts! :)

Carlie Wolf
March 2nd, 2016, 09:33 AM
Good luck Bob. I hope everything goes well for you during the move and afterward :-)

rebeccas-sewing
March 2nd, 2016, 09:36 AM
Good luck with the move, Bob. What a lucky fellow your friend is to have your loyalty and caring.

BobW
March 2nd, 2016, 10:56 AM
Hoping for only the best for you. Maybe you will be able to have a fur baby !

Actually, Kenny has a very beautiful calico fur baby named Cali Jo. Cali loves to be talked to and be petted. She even loves a nice gentle tummy rub (but then who doesn't, LOL). Cali is fine with being petted, but doesn't care for being held, if she gets on your lap that's fine but don't pick her up.

SallyO'Sews
March 3rd, 2016, 12:19 AM
Hope you enjoy your new digs, boB. And may you be greatly blessed as you help your friend and your brother.