PDA

View Full Version : Monday once again

Blondie
February 29th, 2016, 08:07 AM

Hello Folksies!

I am sitting here with a window open! Yessiree! It is going to be another wonderful day here. Yesterday was a perfect day for having a picnic or go to the park. DD and I took Tyler to a park yesterday afternoon and had a blast with the little fella. He loved the slide and swings. We felt bad when it was time to leave. He really really really really wanted to stay. How soon we must learn about life's disappointments. right?

I laid in bed last night, listening to the big man snore and just couldn't sleep. I got up and pressed some strips I found I had in a box I keep mismatched blocks in. Those blocks are UFO's. They are just leftover blocks waiting to inspire me for something else. Many of these blocks ultimately make their way to the back of a quilt.

Today I will be outside down at Mom's doing some more clean up, having a cuppa tea with her and do some daydreaming. At least those are my plans. Who knows?

Blessings to all for a day full of smiles. Wishing everyone here a beautiful day that we will be enjoying. I mean, it is going to be a sunny day, 60 degrees and wow! I am smiling!

Carol336
February 29th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Good morning pretty lady.....sounds like you have a great day planned.....enjoy your time with your Mom.

Looks to be another nice day here today - so I hope to get outside for a little stroll.

We had a quiet weekend....gearing up for a couple weeks of non stop running....dr appts, dinners with friends, breakfast with family, and of course dancing. I'm hoping to sandwich in a little sewing, fingers crossed!!!

Yesterday I made this little shoe bag to carry my dance shoes in. I used the boxy pouch pattern....I think it turned out pretty good. Our club's dance weekend is in 2 weeks and I 'm thinking of asking them if they want it for their silent auction table. But you know me.....I see all the flaws and am not sure it's good enough to put out there.

Have a great sunny day everyone

MayinJerset
February 29th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Blondie, You have a great day planned so you and Mom have a good time. Weather was nice here also, windows open most of the day and night to get the old Winter closed in feeling out of here. Will get out there later, mostly to food shop but just riding with the car windows down will be a treat.

Carol, Classy looking dance shoe bag. What do you mean it may not be good enough for the auction? They'll want you to make several more to auction off.

Bubby
February 29th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a busy morning catching up with what didn't get done over the weekend. We got our taxes done Saturday and worked in our woods all day yesterday clearing a walking path to the back corner of our property where Jeff hunts and where we have the feeder. The Girls LOVE to walk back there and sniff to their hearts content.

Carol, I love your shoe bag!! Great job on that.

Wishing everyone a good Monday. I will check back later but for now I need to get a wiggle on.

Hugs....

MRoy
February 29th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Good Leap Day morning! It was a beautiful weekend here, a little chilly and windy, but the sun was shining brightly. I've been taking advantage of some online Leap Day shopping specials and ordering fishing supplies this morning. DH and I are getting ready to start our Sunday afternoon fishing as soon as the weather allows....oops, gotta renew the fishing licenses first.

susie i
February 29th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Morning all! I'm sitting here enjoying a much needed second cup of coffee and thinking about all that is good in my life .My youngest son was in a bad wreck a week ago and though his car was totaled,he walked away with only a sore shoulder and minor cuts.His passenger had a cracked rib and a concussion but is okay.We all know that it's not the material things in this life that are important but when something like this happens,it makes you realize it even more.so today I'm thankful for having my son in one piece,my husband snoring in our bedroom and my Mother happily drinking her first cup of coffee in hers.Life is good,even with all the ups and downs it brings!Hope everyone has a great day!

Ginny B
February 29th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Good morning. Happy Monday. We had a good weekend. DS came out and he and dh got the shed moved and upright and hopefully in a place that the wind can't wreak anymore havoc on it. I am sitting here in a chilly house because I woke up to the furnace not working. Thank goodness it's not cold out today. Repairman is here now. Hopefully it will be fixed shortly and I can trot off to work.

Susie, so glad your son and his passenger are going to be OK. Blondie, have a great time at your Mom's

Have a great day everyone.

JCY
February 29th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Good Monday Morning ~ The sun is shining; the laundry is started. I have errands to run. Yest. I finished the baby quilt made from a panel. The custom FMQ took extra time, but turned out nicely. Now I need to take pics. Also need to make a label. I think my next project will be to sandwich & quilt another UFO. I hope everyone has a good start to their week.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
February 29th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Hello eveyone, we started week and it seems that a few days of cold and rain we still have this weekend has been very boring because we could not leave the house by rain and cold and also in some nearby regions has snowed pretty so they have had to close some roads, it seems that winter has been delayed somewhat, but here it is, hopefully not stay long. Blondie looks today has to be with his mother keeping him company, it is so nice to be able to share many things with our loved ones, perhaps when we are very young do not understand it but they are so important to hear their experiences and keep in our heart. Carol your bag it is very nice and a great idea, certainly will love, I think itīs great that you go to dance, I love to dance but my DH does not like it, keep practicing their hobby and have fun. Good desire that everyone has a wonderful day and if the sun better,many greetings, smiles and prayers for everyone in the forum

SewnByBee
February 29th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Hi there peoples......saying a quick hello before getting off to a few errands this morning. Feeling a bit better after beginning the steroids. They seem to be the only thing that helps. Maybe they should just keep me on them permmintly somehow.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Means so much. ♡

Hope your day is beautiful and blessed.

judimccl
February 29th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Good morning Blondie. Yes, it is so nice to have the windows open and all that fresh air coming in. Enjoy your day with mom! :icon_wave:

toggpine
February 29th, 2016, 04:56 PM
It is springing here, although it isn't super warm in the dirt. I can't dig weeds in the vegie beds for too long with out the joints in my fingers complaining. We are trying to decide how big of a garden we are going to put in. The water bill last year about did us in. It was cheaper for us to buy the fresh produce than to water the garden.

I am dealing with the insurance company AGAIN. Ugh. Then I get to sort out the billing with Multicare. I should be good for another month after that. For whatever reason, the billing department can't seem to apply the grant code to our bill on a consistent basis. I can understand if it happened quarterly when we reapply for the grant, but monthly? Oh well.

I am trying to make a pet bed for the barn cats from an old sweatshirt. It seems a bit bulky, but since both of the sister kitty's will probably cuddle up together, it should work. I also like the fact that stuffing it is using up all of my bits from the serger and other trimmings in that bin. I also have an old pillow that will finish off the base stuffing.
Then I should be clear to get back to more entertaining sewing.
Happy day everybody!

quiltingtrish
February 29th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Looks like lots of us are getting that 'itch to get out in the dirt'. Spring is coming! I walked around Dad's yard and picked up so many sticks and branches that they filled his stick can. If I walk around my yard, it will take me days and I will get piles of them. I'll wait until the yard isn't so muddy for that.

Susie - so sorry to hear about your youngest and his accident. I pray he will be ok with the concussion and all.

3 years and 4 months before I retire from being an Aide at the middle school. If these kids would just try, I would not be so bonkers at the end of every day. I am glad I am not an employer because I wouldn't hire 3/4 of them. I know they are middle school and I hope they will wake up when they hit high school. It really is sad to see how much they want handed to them. I am glad I have quilting as an outlet or I would be bonkers. I am counting the days. I am at 683 days - give or take a few.

cv quilter
February 29th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Lots of prayers, good thoughts and love to you, Bee. So glad you are better. Might not want to be on steroids "forever" but they are miraculous.

judimccl
March 1st, 2016, 07:37 PM
Yes, it is so depressing to see that most of the young kids today do expect everything handed to them, and done for them. Definitely a case of thinking the word owes them! And the lack of respect they have for their elders just amazes me. Don't misunderstand, I know there are exceptions, and I guess that is what keeps giving me hope. I love seeing that my grandchildren are raising their children to have respect, say please and thank you, and know how to play with the simple things they did - empty boxes, empty TP rolls, etc. Heck, when my 3-year-old granddaughter comes to visit she gets all excited about looking at Nani's house for new things to play with - her favorite thing right now is cupcake liners. She spent about 2 hours the other day laying them out on the floor and rearranging them, and then findings little things to put in them lol. This is a child who at home has a separate room for just her toys, and the overflow is in her bedroom! I keep trying to explain that she doesn't need all this stuff - half the time she doesn't play with any of it because it is just so overwhelming!!! Okay, off my soap box. Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather. :icon_wave:

judimccl
March 1st, 2016, 07:38 PM
Great job - and I would think they would love to have it! :icon_wave: