PDA

View Full Version : Not to be a downer...but just got a call from the doctor...not good news.

Gayle8675309
November 21st, 2011, 03:43 PM
I have health problems. I'm on disability. I suffer from Major Depression, Migraines and am a 7 year Thyroid Cancer survivor. (yay me! :) )

My latest set of thyroid hormone tests came out funky...so the Endocrinologist sent me for an MRI to check my Pituitary Gland (in my brain). Well they just called...the Radiologist has found "something" in my Pituitary Gland. I have an appointment on Friday with the Endocrinologist to "discuss options".

I don't like the idea of a brain tumor. I thought cancer at age 40 was bad...a brain tumor at 47 REALLY scares me.
So...not trying to be a downer, but I ask for your prayers and good wishes.

I think I'm going to go and quilt now...to heck with the housework!

bakermom
November 21st, 2011, 03:54 PM
Oh so sorry you have this to worry about. Prayers for you.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 21st, 2011, 04:13 PM
Gayle, I am so sorry to hear this news! I know that we serve an awesome God and He is the great Physician. He can heal and cure anything! I will be praying for quick complete healing for you! :icon_bigsmile:

Patrice
November 21st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Prayers are being said for you Gayle. You have been through alot. Will be thinking of you

HandsOffItsMine
November 21st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Gayle,

Prayers and healing light coming your way. Fourteen year survivor of Uteran Cancer, I'm right there with you!

Now remember it's "something" could be a cyst, shadow, benign tumor, not the big M. Quilt and who cares about housework...very over rated if you ask me!

Hugs and you can PM any time, Ruby

shorte85
November 21st, 2011, 06:25 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this Gayle! I certainly do hope they have the best treatment plan for you.

You definitely have some prayers coming your way.

If you don't mind, keep us posted.

Bubby
November 21st, 2011, 07:27 PM
Gayle, You are definitely in my prayers. I went through something similar with my daughter a few months ago. Hers turned out to be nothing and she didn't have to have surgery. Wishing you a good report...Hugs, Barb

Loonwatcher
November 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Praying and sending positive energy your way. How difficult for you this must be. definately...quilt now, housework later.

meemeecyn
November 21st, 2011, 07:45 PM
Love and prayers coming your way, Gayle. You have had enough to deal with! By sewing, you can take your mind off the worry (at least some)....go for it, you deserve to! Keep us posted.
Cynthia

mitzs
November 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
Saying prayers for you my new friend and a very big hug (((((( Gayle ))))))) just for you hun. Try not to worry and stress yourself out now. I know it is hard but keep busy and we are all here for you.

MRoy
November 21st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Saying prayers for you Gayle...I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. You'll continue to be on my prayer list.
Sending (((((HUGS))))) your way.

Gayle8675309
November 21st, 2011, 08:38 PM
Thank you all for the kind wishes and prayers. I'm sure I'll be fine...no matter what God is with me through anything...so I shouldn't be afraid! :)

Monique
November 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Hang in there Gayle. You have a whole lot of friends here praying for good news. I too am a breast cancer survivor.

Hugs to you.

Laura87
November 21st, 2011, 09:29 PM
A girl at work who isn't even 40 had some brain thingy and they found it out that it was not cancerious and they zapped it. They didn't get it all but they are watching it. She is doing well and back to work. I understand how you must be feeling. I was 48 and had a heart attack and some issues with some arteries in my legs but I am doing better.

You are a strong woman and you will be fine too. Divert the energy into quilting to keep your mind busy. It is really helping me. So go get 'em and show that nasty health stuff what you're made of! :icon_wave:

quilter.martha
November 21st, 2011, 09:53 PM
Gayle, prayers are being lifted for you as I write. God has you in his hands. Trust in HIM, no matter what happens, and he will sustain you.

Sandy Navas
November 21st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Sending prayers and hugs - they do work together. I would say quilt away, quilt away and let the dust just have it's way. I'm asking God to make you okay!!

BellasQuilts
November 21st, 2011, 10:33 PM
Gayle, well sounds like there are lots of us here saying prayers for you and I'm joining in. We surround you with friendship and love!

magiew80
November 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
I will be saying prayers for you Gayle. I believe in prayers strongly. I know they work. You have to try and stay positive because God does listen to prayers. Sending my all and praying for the best. Keep us posted.

Genny
November 22nd, 2011, 03:04 AM
You've got my prayers and good wishes! I know everything will be fine!

janluna
November 22nd, 2011, 05:38 AM
Gayle, I will lift you up in prayer for healing too. May you be surrounded with God's love and white light of protection and healing. It says in the Bible, "whenever two or more of you ask it in my name, it will be done" Jesus is with you cause we are all asking in his name. Hugs, darlin girl. Jan L.

wendyw1
November 22nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
Dear Gayle, Love and Hugs are coming your way. I too am an 8 year thyroid cancer survivor. I've also had a scare with my pituitary gland but thankfully for me it turned out to be nothing. Quilt as much as you want to, try and stay positive and when laying in bed at night - plan your next quilt. My thoughts are with you (((HUGS))). Wendy.

rebeccas-sewing
November 22nd, 2011, 06:35 AM
I'll be thinking about you Gayle and praying it's nothing serious. Try to keep busy.

KiltedQuilter
November 22nd, 2011, 06:43 AM
Look after yourself and remember to take PLENTY time out to quilt. I am convinced that everyone needs ME(<that's you not me) time! :D

Blondie
November 22nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Good Morning, Gayle.
I can't imagine a worse phone call to a cancer survivor. I will add you to my prayer group's list and then on my personal one as well. Faith is an amazing thing when it. It grows, blossoms and spreads like field of lovely wildflowers.
Keeping you in my heart.
Blondie

Lady T
November 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Gayle, Lifting prayers up for you.

Beakkmom
November 22nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Gayle, we serve such an awsome and loving God ~ I've got you in my prayers. I love to sew and pray and walk and pray, or just sit and pray.

Blessings!

Lin

Gayle8675309
November 22nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Thank you all so much for your support! I am really touched. :)

phoots
November 23rd, 2011, 03:28 AM
Gayle, I'm saying prayers for you and your family. I'm also surrounding you with the white light of the Holy Spirit! God is good, remember that! I'm praying for easy options, ones that don't include surgery. Think positively! Positive thoughts work!! One more thing...it's okay to cry! All my love and prayers!!!
Pam:icon_bigsmile:

Nena
November 24th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Gayle---you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take one day at a time. While you are waiting to hear more from your doctor---do things that you love to do and make you smile/laugh. Quilting is great and talking to us is good too. Hang in there girl!!!!!!!

quiltingtrish
November 24th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Well - heck no wonder you are worried with a phone call like that. I've got prayers coming too and HUGS - they sure feel good, don't they? Take one day at a time sweetie and be sure to let us know how you are doing.

Hugs,

oldgurl4
November 24th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Gayle....
I missed this Post....sorry to hear you are troubled.

I'm sitting here in Awwww ...
Speachless just thinking of that call you received.
and what must have been a SPLIT second of Thoughts rushing thru your mind.

You did what the spirit led you to do... to forget and let our Mitty Lord take care of it.
THe Spirit sent you to play and enjoy what you enjoy the most.... Amen

My Prayers will be with You.
Don't worry Sweety... It'll be nothing... You'll see.

Enjoy This Day....

'Im here in spirit embrasing You with a Strong Hug....

~Happy Thanksgiving~

Gayle8675309
November 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks again for all the support...I truly appreciate it.

My Endocrinologist appointment has been changed to next Friday. So I need to wait another week to find out what exactly is going on. So I'm just going to keep busy sewing! (the cure for anything!!) :)

Monique
November 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Best of luck to you Gayle and sew up a storm!!

alliek
November 26th, 2011, 09:41 PM
You are lifted in prayer Gayle. I hope you can feel the prayers as I did when I faced cancer surgery 15 years ago. God be with you and your family .

phoots
November 27th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Gayle, you're still in our prayers and we love you lots!! Keep your chin up!

Love, Pam

Turnover924
November 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Have u in my prayers too, Gayle. I am a survivor and was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2000. Quilting is definitely a good form of therapy. Have been tackling it since my mom passed this summer. Sending good charma your way, Gayle. :icon_wave: