PDA

View Full Version : Friday Greetings

MayinJerset
February 26th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Did you know there's an extra day this month? Any one have a Leap Year Bday? Wondering how do you celebrate, on the 28th or once every 4 years on the 29th?

Had a nice visit with DGD E last night, she came for dinner and stayed with me while DH went to his camera club meeting. She recently began sewing and is thrilled making some items like a skirt for herself and also is interested in quilting, sent her home with Alex Anderson's beginner book. Her sister has also begun sewing so I see some grandma/granddaughter quilting lessons in the near future. They can 'pay' me for the lessons by shopping my stash, an easy way for me to de-stash.

Catmom5
February 26th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Happy Friday to you! I'm working from home today so no traffic for me and I'll be in my PJ's until my lunch break. Yeah!! I've cut the fabric for the Stacks quilt and can't wait to get to sewing tomorrow. Have a lovely weekend!

SewnByBee
February 26th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Hi May, Happy Friday.

I Have a friend who has a leap year B'day, .....lol.... now he prefers to only count the actual number of official B'days he's had cause the numbers is so much smaller......They just celebrate a day early until the chance to have his another keep year B'day. .........I always found this very confusing.

Have a grate weekend.
..............................​126646

Granny Judy
February 26th, 2016, 12:22 PM
I was looking for a special fabric panel yesterday, and man what a mess my "closet" has become. I don't know whether to shut the doors, or throw everything on the floor and reorganize it all.

After 2 seconds of deliberation, I shut the doors and happily set up the last block for QAYG quilt. I have 4 more blocks needed to finish it, then binding and another UFO is done.

Like Scarlette O"Hara " I just can't think about that closet right now. I'll do that tomorrow."

URIBARRI-MAYOR
February 26th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Happy Friday and wonderful weekend everyone, I have a friend who was born on February 29 and she celebrated her birthday on March 1 but really when you fell your real birthday is every four years on February 29, sometimes jokes about it and says she is still very young because just turned 14 years. Today we have a quiet and rainless day, yesterday did not stop raining one minute, but this weekend will lower temperatures and say that we will have snow 200 meters so as I live sea level will not see snow but in the surrounding mountains if will be fun for children, I know some of you are bored of so much snow but for us it is a curiosity,anyway take the opportunity to stay at home and sew. I hope you are all well and spend a happy and quiet day, smiles and greetings

Bubby
February 26th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Morning Everyone,

Our snow is melting nicely and we should have warmer temps over the weekend.

My Dad passed away on Leap Year Day 2008 but I think of him every day.

I'm still working on my Easter projects...fun! I love todays tutorial. Way to go, Ron!!

Good to see you with us, Bee.

Wishing everyone a great day.

blc
February 26th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I am hosting a 40th birthday party for my daughter tonight with about 50 people in attendance so there won't be any sewing for me today. I'll be in and out of the kitchen all day. Tomorrow however I have a date in my sewing room. I may go in there in the morning and not come out until bedtime.