PDA

View Full Version : I went.................

bubba
February 26th, 2016, 12:35 AM
I shopped......I have dropped!!!

Sew Expo was fabulous this year! Lots of new vendors and just as many old ones! Was not too crowded, so that made me very happy!

I only bought one gadget that I have ever seen before and I'm pretty sure I'll use it a lot. It's a ruler contraption like I have never seen before. I had come to the conclusion that the booth I liked so well last year that sold fabric by the pound was not there this year when I rounded the last corner and there they were!! Fabric is $7.50 pound, fat quarters were $1!! All fabric is Benartex.....yes, I got a crap ton of it.

If MM thinks dinner is going to be cooked when he gets up, he should be hoping he cooks in his sleep because these feet are done for the day!

Oh!!! I forgot....the people with the quilting templates were there and I got a small lesson on them. I'm sure it will come in handy! The woman who makes those collage quilts someone was looking for last week was also there and I got to meet her. She did not seem very friendly and it was only approaching the end of the first day...wonder what she will be like by Sunday afternoon!!

Hopefully I can move by tomorrow and I'll take some pictures of some of my pretties......

Lori63
February 26th, 2016, 12:38 AM
Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to see pics of all your goodies!

GaGa
February 26th, 2016, 12:39 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

grammaterry
February 26th, 2016, 12:58 AM
Wow, It did sound fun. Are there lots of these sew expos around the country and how can we find out about them.

redcaboose1717
February 26th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Glad you had such a great time Pat......it will be nice to see your photos when you are rested up!

Simply Quilting
February 26th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Sounds like a grand time!!!

Simply Quilting
February 26th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Wow, It did sound fun. Are there lots of these sew expos around the country and how can we find out about them.

If you do a web search, you can find various sewing/quilting expos all over the United States. Different groups put them on, some groups do several expos. Many have the same format - vendor hall, speakers and workshops. Some have quilt shows.

bubba
February 26th, 2016, 02:34 AM
I am too exhausted to remember who even puts this one on!! Google Puyallup WA Sew Expo and it will tell you. Rusty Barn is another one that puts them on. That one is in the fall and about a third of the size of this one....this one is HUGE!!

stationarymom
February 26th, 2016, 02:40 AM
I'm glad you had a good time today.

Cowgirl quilter
February 26th, 2016, 02:59 AM
Sounds like a good kind of tired to me.

jjkaiser
February 26th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Well as a ruler junkie I am sure curious about the new ruler contraption you got--you have to tell us more about that once you recover from your big adventure!!

bubba
February 26th, 2016, 03:10 AM
Well as a ruler junkie I am sure curious about the new ruler contraption you got--you have to tell us more about that once you recover from your big adventure!!

There was an entire set that you could purchase, but now that I watch my pennies closely, the price was too steep for me to do that, so I settled on just one.

MayinJerset
February 26th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Pat, Happy to hear that you had a Great Day at the Expo, it may take some time to recover but glad you had fun. There is something exciting about being with hundreds of other quilters checking out all the quilts and vendors and going home with some new fabric, patterns, gadgets and ideas. Rest up now, MM's a resourceful kind of guy so he will find something to eat.

QuiltingRN
February 26th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Sounds like you had fun! I am going today and tomorrow. I will look for the fabric by the pound booth, missed it last year.

bubba
February 26th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Sounds like you had fun! I am going today and tomorrow. I will look for the fabric by the pound booth, missed it last year.

In the big white building, it is all the way to the back on the left side as you face the back. If you see the Block Rockit booth, it's right across from them!!

Have fun!!

Sylvia H
February 26th, 2016, 02:37 PM
I won't say that I am jealous, but geeze, everything seems to be green. :icon_razz:

CraftySweetPeas
February 26th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Do you know if Accuquilt is there?

bubba
February 26th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Do you know if Accuquilt is there?

I did not see them, sorry.

CraftySweetPeas
February 26th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Thanks - still not sure if we're going or not....

bubba
February 26th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks - still not sure if we're going or not....

The entry fee went up......For a couple years, I did not have to pay because I went with a friend who worked at a shop and always had free tickets. I went alone last year and a gal at the gate sold me a ticket she had because her friend had not been able to come, so I got it at the discount for presale. This year, I pad $14!!!! A four day pass was $42. Next year, I'll be buying my ticket in advance. There is no way I could go four days in a row!