PDA

View Full Version : Hey Blondie, look what I found

LauraP
February 25th, 2016, 12:19 PM
for all my forum friends who have been dreaming of spring. I forgot we planted these last fall until I saw their heads peeking through the leaves. I will try to remember to get pictures when the buds burst. Hope this helps with the "winter will never end" blues.

grammaterry
February 25th, 2016, 12:24 PM
I woke up to a skiff of snow on the ground this morning but then I remembered that yesterday I found the cutest purple crocus volunteering along the creek yesterday. The heads on the daffodils are there and the tulips have pokes their first little shoots out of the ground. The fish are swimming lazily in the pond and looking at the bread crumbs like they might get around to eating soon and the dirt smells of spring. Any day now.

rebeccas-sewing
February 25th, 2016, 12:28 PM
I miss those country smells. Definitely sounds like warmer weather is coming your way and not too far in the future.

bubba
February 25th, 2016, 01:54 PM
The camellia bloomed here about two weeks ago. I can't remember ever seeing them this early!

LauraP
February 25th, 2016, 04:29 PM
When we lived in Escondido, Ca we would get my mom a new camellia bush every Mother's day. We were sad we couldn't take them when we moved to Colorado but they wouldn't have liked the weather. Wonder if they are still in the yard? They would be huge by now. Ahhhh, memories

MayinJerset
February 25th, 2016, 05:55 PM
So glad that some of you are finding spots of Spring pushing up through the earth, right now the only thing popping up are a dozen or so wild onions around the shrubs out front. Did see mama rabbit scurrying under the back yard shed. Wonder if there any babies under there this year? What do you call a rabbit's nest - a hutch?

quiltingtrish
February 25th, 2016, 06:42 PM
I've got lilac and pussy willow buds starting!

grammaterry
February 26th, 2016, 01:20 AM
My skiff of snow turned into a lawn covering. Wind was whistleing like crazy all day and the snow looked like white rain coming down. Its going to be 60 on Tuesday. North Carolina gets all four seasons...sometimes all in the same day.