PDA

View Full Version : Thursday morning hellos

Blondie
February 25th, 2016, 07:55 AM

Hello Folksies!

My Grandmother always said that each month borrows a little from the others. I think we had that yesterday and possibly today. Here in my area of NC in the month of February, we generally are very cold and the chances of snow are always on the calendar. Yesterday, February decided that since March is nipping at her heels, she would borrow some of her wind. And boy howdy, did we get a belly full of it. It is still howling. The wind was so strong it blew over our trash cans. Guess who gets to clean that up this morning? Hey, at least that is not bad considering all the damage done to others property by these winds. Have been thinking of my other friends here and hoping our Irish RN Eileen is doing okay. Noticed on the news last night a tornado was spotted in her general direction. Friends, I have been praying for all of our safety.

Now that we are so close to March, let me just say, let the blooming begin! As the seasons start breaking, there are parts of my body that are itchy. Like my fingers, hands to get in the dirt. Notice I did not say my knees. I am going to have to buy some knee pads for the gardening chores this year. Remember how I mentioned I am a big dreamer? I have been day dreaming about how to corral my gardens into a more manageable area. Not that it will happen but in my Pollyanna world, everything blooms when it should in cacophonous color. Come on Spring. We've been waiting for you.

Got a call from one of my favorite cousins in WI yesterday. We are hoping for a hook up soon. How thankful I am to be in a family that stays in touch with each other. One of her younger sisters had a pretty bad stroke not long ago and she will be heading to Florida to access what's happening down there. It sounds rather pitiful, with a husband who won't allow home health care workers to help with her therapy. What is up with that? I have tried to speak with this cousin in Florida but she still cannot speak very well at all. Trust me, when my cousin Ruth (named after my mom, smiles) gets down there, he won't know which end of his body to speak from. Yes, the women in my family are quite feisty.

Hoping that each one here has a spectacular day. I am looking forward to seeing the sun, and hoping that the trash on the road isn't too scattered. You can smile as you think of me with my Mrs Clean dish gloves on picking it up. Gosh, that even brought a smile to my face!

Illini Linda
February 25th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Much better looking day here in East Central Illinois. Snow and blizzard conditions have finally left the area. we got a little over five inches of the snow, but 40 mph winds caused a lot of havoc. Still no area schools open today but I'm sure most of the businesses will be back to normal hours.

On the flip side, it was a guilt free crafting day including some quilting to start the day off.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Linda

URIBARRI-MAYOR
February 25th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Good morning to everyone, although it seems that some of you are suffering with the wind, I hope you are all well and the worst is that they have to collect buckets of garbage. Blondie tell you that March is windy and think that is in many places because in my country is also a windy month and we have a very old saying "Windy March, April showers, will bring May flowers and beautiful" so even flowers appear soon we still have a few days of bad weather with wind and rain, While those sunny days and beautiful hope I send my best and happy thoughts to everyone in this forum and pray that no one suffers any accident, smiles and greetings

MayinJerset
February 25th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Counting our Blessings as no big winds, just cloudy with rain at times. I think those balmy days we had were just a tease as Spring is taking its own sweet time to arrive. So keep those gardening plans on the back burner for now.

Blondie I hope you and your cousin do get together - cousins were our first best friends. Isn't wonderful how we can reconnect after being apart for many years? I've been lucky with so many good cousins near by, lost a few of them over the years but their children keep in touch through Facebook. Then there are the cousins we can do without - but that's another story.

Time to get the day going.

Monique
February 25th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Good morning all.

Well we got quite a bit of snow and then came the freezing rain. We will have to dig out today. Not much going on today. Roads don't look enough to go out and there is really no need to go. I work tomorrow and then have an appointment for a hair cut. WOOHOO! So aside from that, not much around here.

I did start the quilting on the hexie quilt and it is coming along nicely. The big hexie's are about 10in so I made templates for 5in and 2 1/2in. A hexie within a hexie within a hexie. I will take some pictures in a bit.

Have a great day all.

SewnByBee
February 25th, 2016, 11:24 AM
...................126617 126618 New pics of K & z, Kelci and Zack, and my grand baby to be. They are doing well. Time is getting closer.May is just around the Conner. She has made all kinds of littlebaby soft toys for the baby. She is so creative.

Due to setbacks, I'm terribly behind with all my projects. Makes me so sad. I can't believe my back has flared up like this. 😞I was hoping that was a thing of the past. Many some new inti- inflammatory meds is needed. Something went wrong.

Thanks for all the prayers. I appreciate everyone of them. You all are the bright spot on my day. Thanks she much and know how much I miss all our fun. I will over come this sooner or latter, it has been a blessing knowing you care. 😊

Keep up all the beautiful work. Keep sharing . I look every chance I get. Stay in touch. Miss you all.
....keep smiling.... be blessed.......stay strong. ......
....Bee

GrammaBabs
February 25th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Blondie... you need Mr. Bill,,, the "rubbish officianado".... drives me nuts... small bag in the big bag under the sink to "re use all those plastic ones you get from WallyWorld... he is ALWAYS consolidating right when i need to be there for clean up after supper.... saves ALL jars and such to put his bannana peels in... we FREEZE anything liquidy for no spills... i could go on and on,,,, he's somethin' else,, but hey, he's MY Mr. Bill and most woman think his style of "house keeping" is just wonderful.... Wonder how they would like it if everything they did was "not the right way"....LOL No problem he gets it right back from me...
ie... he does all the vacuming... cause' i "hit" things... LOL.. go right ahead:))

rebeccas-sewing
February 25th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics, Bee. Hoping your back feel better very soon.

Gosh, Babs, to have a husband who does housework would be a dream come true. hahaha

redcaboose1717
February 25th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Blondie... you need Mr. Bill,,, the "rubbish officianado".... drives me nuts... small bag in the big bag under the sink to "re use all those plastic ones you get from WallyWorld... he is ALWAYS consolidating right when i need to be there for clean up after supper.... saves ALL jars and such to put his bannana peels in... we FREEZE anything liquidy for no spills... i could go on and on,,,, he's somethin' else,, but hey, he's MY Mr. Bill and most woman think his style of "house keeping" is just wonderful.... Wonder how they would like it if everything they did was "not the right way"....LOL No problem he gets it right back from me...
ie... he does all the vacuming... cause' i "hit" things... LOL.. go right ahead:))

Ah.....the memories of a DH ( Terry passed in 2002 ) who did housework without being asked ever......When we had our 2nd child, we were still both holding down full-times jobs and he out of the blue one day asked me " What's the one household chore you hate the most ? " WOW......I said "Laundry! " To which he replied " Show me how to do it, and I will take it over." My immediate thought was "Sure....for the next couple of weeks maybe ! " True to his word....I showed him how to do the laundry ( my daughter was 5-6 months old at the time ) and from then on, he did the laundry ! for the next 26 yrs of our marriage, right up until the day he passed away, he did our laundry...and did an awesome job ! (Terry was disabled when we had been married 4 yrs & really helped out a great deal when I worked a full-time job. & sometimes a part-time job ) Terry did such a great job with the laundry that when my sister opened her own business, she asked him if he would do her laundry. She agreed to pay him, and he did her laundry for about 4 yrs as well.
Having a DH that does those little things sure is a help ( not that laundry is a "little" thing ! ) .....sigh.....now if I could only get 2nd DH to just do "something" wow.....now that would be awesome !
( My friends all said Terry was "a perfect hubby"...and 2nd DH ? He's normal they all say ! LOL .......

cv quilter
February 25th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Wonderful to hear from you again, Bee. Beautiful family. Hope you will soon be able to feel up to doing the things you want to do.
Blondie and all, happy Thursday. I love reading all of your posts.

JCY
February 25th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Blondie ~ I've sort of been itching to get out & do some yard work. The tulips are poking up about 3". But it's not quite warm enough yet. I hear ya about the knees problem. I had to quit doing the knees. Instead I sit down on an eggcrate cushion. This spring I'm having pain in my L. thumb. Not sure how that will work when it comes to weeding. As we get older, our bodies betray us & don't work as well as they did when we were younger. Sigh. I have a big yard, & if any flower bed weeding gets done, it's up to me. We have a lawn service for mowing.

I started a new project yest. It's a panel. I've added a 2" border & will do the FMQ around the water, lily pads, turtles, fish, etc. I think it will be fun. I wanted a quick quilt. However, the custom FMQ doesn't go as fast as an over all pattern. There will be 4 new moms at our next church baby shower! Fortunately, I have some quilts made ahead.

The sun is shining here. It looks like a good day.

Granny Judy
February 25th, 2016, 01:57 PM
I arriver here a little late today. Been sorting and cleaning up some boxes in the sewing room... It's still a disaster area, but It's my little piece of heaven.
Got my bedroom cleaned.. pot of soup started and finally got time to check in here. It is overcast and chilly here, so a big pot of slurpy goodness is just the thing to sooth and comfort the innards.

I haven't uncovered my flower beds yet. Only when the night time temps stay above freezing will I start my gardening. We've had big snow storms here in April..

Called my son last night about his weather - possible tornado> He comes off with several lines from Over The Rainbow.... Like sending his wife out with an umbrella...yell "Auntie Em- Auntie Em" if you fly away.

EnumclawGramma
February 25th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Hi! I'm here! Better late than not at all, right? I actually took my coffee into my sewing room this morning and finished up a little project and got a package ready to mail off. Finally! Procrastination, I have a Masters Degree!
My two days with the Grands is over and I was SO happy to sleep in my own bed. I don't even think I woke up once last night! When the alarm went off at 2 I was actually ok with it. "There's no place like home, there's no place like home......"

I've got to get the wiggle on and get my housework done. I've got shopping to do for our getaway weekend and get to the post office. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Those in need are always in my thoughts and prayers, and there are plenty of you!

Bubby
February 25th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Libby, you're not the only one checking in late today. I made myself start cleaning as soon as Jeff left for work. It looks a lot better around here. The Girls' bedding needed to be washed, too.

The snow is beginning to melt. Our road out of the woods is pretty slippery, but the highway is good and dry. I only ventured out as far as our mailbox at the end of our road and made it back okay.

I'm working on an Easter project. Will post pictures tomorrow if all goes well. I hope everyones day is going well.

Hugs All Around...

toggpine
February 25th, 2016, 04:47 PM
The sun is shining for another day here! Whoo Hoo! The rain will be back by tomorrow night, but we'll take what we can get. My guess is we are done with snow for the year, but we have seen snow as late as mid-March before.

I have the house pretty much back in shape after the family invasion coupled with a week at the beach. Still a bit more laundry in the works, but that is mostly house linens.
We had our first baby goat of the year born while we were gone. That added to my anxiety, and I won't do that again. If we have babies due, I'll just stay home. (Not likely to ever do another trip like that unless my memory gets erased.)

Daisy is a cutie, but sadly she will be the only kid for at least a month. The other does that were bred at the same time didn't settle. I guess she will just have to learn to live with all of the human attention. This is her with our daughter Emily.

MayinJerset
February 25th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Oh, Emily and Daisy look so cute together. Now that you are home and got the house back in shape you can relax and recover from your "vacation".

judimccl
February 25th, 2016, 08:21 PM
So sorry to hear about the bad news down Florida way - will add her to my prayer list. Maybe someone should say prayers for the husband once your cousin gets there lol. I don't understand anyone feeling that way when help is available, and so necessary. :icon_wave:

judimccl
February 25th, 2016, 08:25 PM
So cute! Talking about storms, we here in S FL have again taken a dip in temperatures for the next 4-5 days = down into the low 50s at night, and low 70s during the day! These temperature changes of 20 degrees from one day to the next are not helping with my getting over this sinus infection and bronchitis!!!!!!!!!! I remember when my twin sons were born (55 years ago, yikes), we lived in Wisconsin and they were born on April 15th, which was Good Friday. I was scheduled to go home Easter Sunday, April 17th, and the night before we had the biggest blizzard of the season! But, the boys and I did go home - bless my aunt for her excellent driving skills. :icon_wave:

Cathy F
February 25th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Oh how sweet, they look so cute together and I bet Daisy won't mind getting all the attention!