PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday here I come

Blondie
February 23rd, 2016, 07:48 AM

Hello Folksies

I am sitting here with the song rainy days and mondays but it's Tuesday. Rain all day, all night and rain right up until Friday. At least we had a pretty day on Sunday! Yesterday I was able to get a few things done for which I am happy. I also asked myself why I mopped the floors considering the imminent arrival of the rain! Oy.

I did start experimenting with the crochet on fabric square. I am looking for a portable project and this would definitely be one of those. I love the look. Not sure if there is a better way to do the crochet attaching. I looked at rotary cutter blade that makes notches or holes in fleece. I read one review on Amazon that said it goes through cotton as well - any one use this and can second it?

My brain has not had enough coffee this morning to say much more. I may just climb back in the bed and listen to the pitter patter for a bit. I always do my best thinking when I am reclining or heaven forbid, cleaning. Thank goodness I never run out of things to clean around here. Have a great day with happy thoughts of winters end coming up soon. With all the wetness we've had this winter, my flowers should be glorious this spring. Smile!

Monique
February 23rd, 2016, 08:03 AM
Good morning. It is my baby's birthday today. 29! Where did the time go?

I heard from Greg last night. He is out on the west coast apartment hunting and they found one they like. They were signing the lease last night. NOW they are selling everything off because it comes furnished. SO I am NOT getting the stove and fridge and Phil is not getting the washer and dryer. They are selling them instead. I am a little annoyed and disappointed to say the least. OK rant over.

Got out yesterday and bought some groceries, and some fabric. I did manage to score quite a few flannel sheets from Value Village. I like to back my quilts with flannel to make them warmer. I also got my half hexie quilt in the frame yesterday.

Today I will be making my spaghetti sauce for retreat. I may need to go into town today, not sure about that.

We are expecting another storm from Texas. Really? Texas, you don't have to send your storms up here, thank you. lol Not sure exactly if we are getting snow, rain and freezing rain or all three. At least I have a quilt in the frame. I also need to start packing stuff to take to retreat. 5 days, so I need lots of projects to keep me busy. I will probably end up taking more than I need.

Have a great day friends.

EnumclawGramma
February 23rd, 2016, 08:13 AM
Good Morning! Looks like a busy day for me today, heading to the Grands to probably spend the night and most of tomorrow. The parents have busier than usual days and Gramma's the fill in! The kids are looking forward to it, and so am I. Although I must admit, I am tired! This is going to be a long week because my daughter's bday is Friday, kids coming out again Saturday and we're leaving for a couple days Sunday! Where does the "me time" happen? When did getting "getaway time" take so much work?
Ok, enough of that. I found myself some time to spend in my sewing room yesterday after a cleaning binge. I love it in there! It really is my happy place. I feel blessed every time I go in! It's quiet, fairly organized, full of color and texture and creativity.

We're coming into a few days of sunshine! I guess the whales are here for their annual diet of shrimp which indicates Spring and the beginning of Whale watching season! Yay! Spring! I cannot wait!

Have a wonderful day all! Hugs and prayers and wishes for a happy day!

Ginny B
February 23rd, 2016, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone. Going to become a rainy day here too. Would be a great day to spend in my sewing room but, alas, to work I must go. I didn't even peak into my sewing room yesterday. It seems that I am always so tired on Mondays. It's not like I had a super busy weekend. I just can't seem to get myself moving at home on Mondays. At work it's fine. I seem to get things done at a good pace there. But today is Tuesday and I have already gotten one load of laundry washed and headed to the dryer and #2 set to go when I get home tonight. DH did a lot of cutting for me on Sunday for microwave potholders to build up our inventory for the craft fair in a couple months so I think I will start putting some of those together this morning before work. Yup, it's not Monday. I can tell because I have some ambition.

Have a good day everyone.

MayinJerset
February 23rd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Monique you can keep whatever weather Texas is sending your way but I'm sure Blondie's bad rainy weather is coming our way real soon. Maybe I will be forced to stay in and get some more quilting done. New DGGS baby James needs his cuddle quilt. Baby and Mom should be going home today - will see if the new mom and dad are OK about my sharing his photos with forum friends.

Been up awhile and seriously need some coffee. DH likes to make it, said my coffee is too strong, so I usually wait until he gets up and makes it. It is nice that he serves me my first cup with a side of toast but this morning he seems to be sleeping in so I may make it myself. Be back later.

shermur
February 23rd, 2016, 09:48 AM
I woke up with a terrible headache...

Last nights guild meeting was disappointing; no one spoke or acknowledged, I sat at a table in the rear.....
The guest speaker was lame; all she talked about was past quilting cruises she has taught/hosted. I left early due to being tired and bored out of my mind....

MayinJerset
February 23rd, 2016, 10:28 AM
I'm back fortified with coffee and toast. DH must have heard me as he got the coffee going right after I posted about it earlier - maybe he can decipher what I type by the sound of the keyboard keys?

Need to get grocery list going, usually use supermarket's flyer to make my list so I can take advantage of sales on products I use but we didn't receive one last week so I'm winging it. Also need to call in and reorder some meds from their pharmacy so they will be ready for pick up when we shop there this afternoon.

Time's a fleeting so I better get myself moving and get Tuesday under way.

Mom23
February 23rd, 2016, 10:39 AM
I've been gone a little while with a crappy case of the flu. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend and I spent it in bed or on the couch. I did open the windows to try to bring in some fresh air. After the nice weekend we are going to get 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow. Our guild is to have a three day retreat but I have a feeling day 1 tomorrow will be cancelled. I'm not going to pack my car until I know for sure when it starts. If it's not until Thursday I will have my own retreat and spend the day sewing.

Today is catch up day. I went to Mass this morning with intentions to grab groceries right after, trying to beat the crowd. I remembered the grocery part when I was drinking my first cup of coffee at home. Guess I will head back out in a little bit. I have been on a grocery freeze since the first of the year, only buying bread and milk, trying to use up what we have. We have finally come to the point where we need real food in the house.

Take care everybody!

Robin

Jean Sewing Machine
February 23rd, 2016, 11:19 AM
I've been gone a little while with a crappy case of the flu. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend and I spent it in bed or on the couch. I did open the windows to try to bring in some fresh air. After the nice weekend we are going to get 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow. Our guild is to have a three day retreat but I have a feeling day 1 tomorrow will be cancelled. I'm not going to pack my car until I know for sure when it starts. If it's not until Thursday I will have my own retreat and spend the day sewing.

Today is catch up day. I went to Mass this morning with intentions to grab groceries right after, trying to beat the crowd. I remembered the grocery part when I was drinking my first cup of coffee at home. Guess I will head back out in a little bit. I have been on a grocery freeze since the first of the year, only buying bread and milk, trying to use up what we have. We have finally come to the point where we need real food in the house.

Take care everybody!

Robin
So sorry to hear you were sick! Hope you feel better soon!

Robin helped me reorganize my sewing room a couple of weeks ago, and I must say, it is a delight to work in! I have been productive the past few weeks with a day or two of laziness thrown in!

That Texas snow/ rain event is supposed to pass through here tonight and tomorrow, on its way to the east coast. Now is when we get quite weary of winter!

Have a great day sewing, I've got a pretty ready to be pieced together, it's a donation for our church auction next month!

Over40momma
February 23rd, 2016, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone! Yes, that Texas liquid sunshine is heading my way too......just not sure if it comes with ice cubes or not. :lol:

Last week went on a trip to see Catherine's potential high school. Older building, lots of character and the staff and students are amazing!!! We had the guided tour along with several other parents/kids and had a very detailed look around. Got rather foolish though and walked the whole thing. Knees were destroyed by the time I got home and just got mobile again today. What is that saying??.......pride goeth before the fall. Ah well, with someone as stubborn as me, I might best invest in a parachute. :lol: Now I am waiting on the school to confirm transportation because it is quite a distance from home. Was told it had been confirmed, however, I prefer to see it in writing instead of hearing at the 11th hour that a problem exists.

Catherine is so excited to go there...especially with the prospect of none of her classmates going to that particular high school. She has been coping very well with her PTSD symptoms but being totally away from the cause, is a balm to her soul that we would like to make happen.

My oldest has found another job. She left the last one as the employer was not willing to comply with providing pay stubs and then telling employees they would have to wait extra weeks to get paid. But we coached her on the fact that having a few bad bosses in your life is a good thing.......it will help you appreciated a good one when you find them! :icon_tup: Can't have rainbows without rain.

Must get to the house cleaning. Being down for this many days, needless to say that we are getting close to requiring a HazMat team. Take care all, and have a great day.

JCY
February 23rd, 2016, 12:24 PM
A gray Tues. in Colorado. We got ~1/2" of snow over night--just on the grassy areas. The streets are dry. The folks S & W of Denver were expected to get more snow than us. I have a pot of Anasazi beans on cooking for DH. My plan for the day is to finish up the taxes. Not my favorite job, but it needs to be done.

easyquilts
February 23rd, 2016, 02:25 PM
Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

I'm ready for a good week... Made two batches if brownies this morning.. One us for my DD's four boys, and one is for a funeral... Sadly, friends of mine just lost their 42 year old son....the youngest of their six children... It was sudden, and expected. And, his mom just had major surgery... So sad..

I hope to spend the afternoon quilting.. I need to make teo bindings, and quilt a border... I'm one if those crazy quilter's who sort if flit from one project to another... I can't help it..,but it drives new nuts... Nothing ever gets done.. Oh, well.... As someone I hear on the radio says,,,"It is what it is", my UFO pile keros growing...

Have a goid day!

judimccl
February 23rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
Nothing better than curling up with a good book while it is raining, and just chilling out. Oh wait - there is something better - head for the sewing room and do some quilting! :icon_wave:

judimccl
February 23rd, 2016, 03:33 PM
Oh Monique, so sorry the deal with the appliances didn't work out. I know how disappointing that can be But just keep thinking about that great retreat in just 5 more days! :icon_wave: