PDA

View Full Version : New Rules!

Sandy Navas
November 20th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Rules for Quilting

1. Always buy fabric no matter how much you already have
2. Sew All Day and All Night absolutely no cooking allowed
3. Use a lot of spit for tiny droplets of blood, this always makes the quilt personal
4. Always start a new quilt before the last one is finished, this requires you to go back to step # 1

Kizzie
November 20th, 2011, 11:27 PM
5. listen to Sandy - she will lead you..............to the darkside!

bobw103
November 20th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Best diet yet (#2) unless of course the husband cooks then so much for that :lol:

Gayle8675309
November 20th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Ah ha ha ha ha! That cracks me up! Oh how I wish life was like that! :)

janluna
November 21st, 2011, 12:00 AM
Me too, Gayle! Me too!

mitzs
November 21st, 2011, 12:02 AM
I've lived with a carpet layer going on 23 years now and like he used to yell at me. No bleeding on the dam carpet! (Fabric!) Spit is ok though. :)

stitching woman
November 21st, 2011, 01:26 AM
I soooooo agree with Sandy's rules.

Blondie
November 21st, 2011, 08:25 AM
My name is Blondie and i approve of this message

Rules for Quilting

1. Always buy fabric no matter how much you already have
2. Sew All Day and All Night absolutely no cooking allowed
3. Use a lot of spit for tiny droplets of blood, this always makes the quilt personal
4. Always start a new quilt before the last one is finished, this requires you to go back to step # 1

Monique
November 21st, 2011, 09:20 AM
Blondie has approved the rules so they are so.

cyndiofthevortex
November 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
Okay, Sage Sandy, I have a very important question to ask you: It is recommended that the machine needle be changed whenever a new project is started. I'm on my 100th needle since the beginning of the month. Can you advise?

I'm so glad you started an "Ask Sandy" advise column!

Cyndi

ps Also I swear my stash is starting to talk to me. Advise needed here, too.

Sandy Navas
November 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Dear Cyndi,

Thank you very much for your question. It does sound like you have been busy. I certainly hope all our friends here are recipients of some of your many projects. My best advice to you, my Dear Friend, is to buy in bulk - Schmertz needles in the 100 needle packets are a wonderful stocking stuffer, too. Do you need a link for the best price to attach to all your e-mails between now and the Christmas holidays?

I notice you have concerns about your stash talking to you, also. That is a more serious problem that I may not be able to help you with. However, if you will take a dirty dish rag out at midnight tonight, bury it next to a rotting log in the woods, and then lay a pile of the brightest colored fabric scraps on top of the burial site you may find that the voices you are hearing are not actually from your stash . . . in that case, call the plumber.

I bid you happiness and wealth. Oh, and good health, too. By the way, you should get your hearing checked the next time you see your primary physician.

Love and good stitches,
Ask Sandy

Gayle8675309
November 21st, 2011, 11:56 AM
Bwaahahahaha! You crack me up Sandy! :)

Kizzie
November 21st, 2011, 12:38 PM
ahahahaah!

Dear Sandy...

My husband says I MUST have enough fabric by now... problem is I'm retuning back to Australia and want mroe more more.. I seem to want want want just incase I miss out when I back there... Help me please I think I'll soon be sleeping in the sewing room with my fabric!

Kiera

PS: Tilly can play sleepovers too - I promise.. she can have the minkee brights!

Sandy Navas
November 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Dear Kizzie,

Thank you for writing. Do you remember when I told you way back when not to try to buy everything you saw? Start practicing restraint now, my dear little friend. Some day, who knows when, you will see something that you absolutely have to have and you won't have the finances. Just wait a bit there's always something better right around the corner. I have so many pieces of fabric that I just HAD TO HAVE, and I cannot imagine a use for them now. Somewhere in your cards of life you may have a better opportunity to add to your stash.

Oh, and a caution about sleeping in the sewing room. Not a good idea. You need to be sleeping with that wonderful man who swept you off your feet. After all, perhaps Matilda would enjoy a little sister or a brother to play with some day.

Love and happy stitches,

Ask Sandy

BellasQuilts
November 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Im so glad we have these rules! Whoo hoo!

debinmalaga
November 21st, 2011, 02:22 PM
LOLOLOL - thanks for laughs, Sandy and her loyal readers :)

DonnaBear
November 21st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Sounds like words to live by to me!

Donna B

Beakkmom
November 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Love the new rules! Think of the time we'll have to quilt if cooking is 'out-lawed'!

Lin

janluna
November 23rd, 2011, 05:04 AM
So it has been written, so it shall be done! Thanks Sandy! Hugs, Jan L.

Nena
November 24th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I love these rules Sandy!!! They are definetly ones to live by!!!!!! I like the idea of spit----as a mother---I use spit on alot of things to wash it away:D