PDA

View Full Version : Monday once again

Blondie
February 22nd, 2016, 07:51 AM

Hello Folksies!

Mondays. A fresh start. New ambition. Up and at 'em. Who am I kidding? Monday - I still have laundry from the week end to fold - I may just throw it back in the dryer and fluff or hide it until hubs asks where his socks are.
Monday - I have to go the grocery store. I only was able to do a wee bit on Saturday. After I worked, I was too tuckered out to do any more than necessary. Monday - I want to start another portable type project. I am thinking of doing something like this:

It reminds me of one my Grandmother did years ago. I don't know what happened to it. That is not unusual. Before my folks realized what was really going on with her and alzheimers, she had either given stuff away to people who came to visit or burnt it in a big bonfire that got out of hand and the volunteer fire dept had to show up. What a mess. Anyhoo, Mom has had the crochet bug lately and I thought that if I brought something like this down to her house and started it, she would want one as well. She is a far better crocheter than I. She (Mom) is wanting to make some things and sell them on Etsy. She has some christening gowns and a few old fashioned looking little items for boys and girls that I am going to try to get online for her. Wish me luck. You know me and photos. I am really the worst photographer in the world.

So, Monday, here I come. You may have noticed that I have had more than one cuppa this morning. It gives me thoughts of immortality and accomplishments. Watch out world, I am out there! Have a super duper day. I intend on having a Mahvelous Monday, Darling. Simply Mahvelous. And guess what? It all starts with a smile. Let's get it on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmmsyg21Du4

EnumclawGramma
February 22nd, 2016, 08:00 AM
Good Morning! Look at me! I'm up, I have my smoothie and coffee and I'm here! It's Monday and I'm claiming it! (ugh, that's all I got. can I go back to bed now...?)
Blondie I love that quilt! I bet I've got lots of those lovely shabby vintage looking floral prints around here. My Sis crochets. She tried to teach me once, but.....she gave up! If you do decide to make something like that I would LOVE to see pics!
I get to start a new quilt today. I'm thinking of an I Spy quilt for a Grandchild. I love love LOVE starting a new project. The problem is that I go in my sewing room and begin sorting fabric and just get lost! All that fabric and stuff to organize. I need focus!
That's it for me! Have a wonderful Monday, hugs and prayers all 'round!

Monique
February 22nd, 2016, 08:01 AM
Good morning Blondie. I have been up since about 3:15 or so. We got a call yesterday from the road crew wanting to dump excessive snow on the property next door. At first Les said no, it was a bugger to clean up in the spring BUT the guy offered to send help in the spring to clean it up. Okay then. WELL guess what woke me up? Yup so early this morning. It is a good thing Les is working today or I might turn into a grump.

Les and I went antiquing yesterday. He bought an antique phone, I bought some vintage fabric.

Today I have to do like you and get some groceries. AND maybe a trip to a fabric store too, ya think? I don't need anything, really. No really, okay quit laughing now.

Y'all have a great day. I will make the most of mine.

At this time next week, I will be at retreat. WOOPPIE!!

Blondie
February 22nd, 2016, 08:21 AM
Libby! Love to see your smiling face so EARLY! You go,, girl! I am not sure what fabric I will scavenge around to use in this one, Libby, but it will be lovely with any fabric I think. Love shabby chic for sure - good for you. Get it out for your sis to possibly whip up for you? Now, an I SPY quilt, I've not done yet. I really need to shake a leg and get one made for Tyler before they move.
Love ya, girlfriend

URIBARRI-MAYOR
February 22nd, 2016, 09:00 AM
Hello everyone, here is already noon, so my Monday started a while ago and will be a bit boring because IŽm fixing my sewing room and you have a select as many things are left in cupboards and finally you do not use but lŽll take a good mood and have a good selection of what you want to keep and what to go to recycling, but when it comes to recycling fabrics always find a way to remember that buy so lovingly that is back closet. Wishing everyone a great Monday and be happy, smailes and blessings to all

Bubby
February 22nd, 2016, 09:23 AM
Morning Everyone,

We had a DUH moment yesterday. It was the big day for the Daytona 500 and we MISSED IT! Jeff thought it would be run after dark (like always) and he didn't check the actual time until late afternoon yesterday. He was so mad at himself. I'm sure he will be able to catch a rerun some time soon.

We are supposed to get about 6" of snow tomorrow night so a trip to the grocery store is in order for me today for the usual....bread, milk and toilet paper....lol! It's normal for our store here in town to have none of these items the day before a winter blast.

Blondie, I love the embroidered quilt. Libby, wishing you a productive day.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy day.

CarolynK
February 22nd, 2016, 09:38 AM
Good Morning, Blondie and all!

It's been a while but I do log on to catch up on the weekends. Blondie - love that quilt! I have crocheted but I'm not really good at that - you go girl!

I'm working from home this morning and then going to a family meeting with my sisters - we are going to meet with Hospice today for my Mom. It's been a journey the last several months to say the least. She has fallen numerous times with the last one causing a black eye and a large goose egg above her left eye. Each trauma lands her in the hospital intensive care with but this time her blood pressure was 65 over nothing - they couldn't get the lower number and she was unresponsive. She has improved but with each trauma, she loses significant ground in memory and communication. I know I don't have to ask for prayers here with you all but I sure could used a prayer or ten.

I did attend a log cabin quilting class Saturday at my LQS and loved it. I was so intimidated by those blocks but now I feel more confident.

I hope you all have a great day!
Carolyn

dwil23
February 22nd, 2016, 09:43 AM
Good Morning all! It is truly a beautiful morning here! About 63 degrees and the sun is shining. As soon as I stepped out of my car when I got home from work, I was hit with the smell of fresh strawberries - there is about 200 acres of them right behind my house and they have started picking them. The Strawberry Festival is just a couple weeks away. Makes me wish I had some shortcake!

Blondie, I love that quilt - I have never crocheted, and with carpal tunnel like I have, guess I never will, but sure do admire other's work. Libby - I am the same way, and I have to say the I Spy I made for my Grandson was one of my favorites. So much fun finding fabrics. I did a hexagon for Evan and I am planning a tumbler for Sawyer. Being a scrappy quilter, I love to have I Spy fabrics in all my quilts.

Bubby, I'm not a race fan, but I am happy to say I will be headed to Daytona bright and early Friday morning! My friend Deborah and I are going to the AQS Quilt week show. M* is supposed to be represented - wonder if Jenny will be there? Deborah informed me she is picking me up at 6 am!

Hope everyone has a blessed Day - prayers for all in need, and there are so many both here on the forum and others I know.

Ginny B
February 22nd, 2016, 09:59 AM
Good morning. Yup, it's Monday. Where did the weekend go? We had a funeral to go to on Saturday and then spent some time with cousins afterwards. Yesterday was a day to catch up on the laundry, meal prep and then, yes, I did get a bit of time in the sewing room and actually made a NCW for me! DH spent some time in there with me cutting batting and material for microwave potholders. Getting a slow start here today. But the sun is shining so that makes me smile . Time to go put the ingredients for tonights dinner into the crockpot and then head on out to work.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Patsquilting
February 22nd, 2016, 10:17 AM
Good Morning, All: up (just about all night) here at my son's house. Neither of us are sleeping (him because of pain from his back surgery - ME - it isn't my bed, unfamiliar noises, etc). Getting to know my grandson and he me. I will say again, that babies are for young people. I brought my sewing machine with me and am doing a disappearing hourglass table runner to surprise my DIL when she returns from her business trip. Top done except for a thin border, then backing and quilting. YES, I did remember to bring all with me.

Have a wonderful Monday - all. It is still a gift (being the present) there could be worse things. Stay positive - enjoy.

ceiliam
February 22nd, 2016, 10:33 AM
Morning all. Was up at 1:30, thanks to the cat who wanted treats,but he does not give it up better to give it up and getting him what he wants. And up again at 4:39 you guessed it he wanted breakfast. Wish I could shut the bedroom door if I do he sits out side of it and cries. Good thing I'm attached to him. Carolyn so sorry you are going thru this, prayers
are with you.
Barb hope you get what you need and storm decides to pass you by.
Donna have a fun filled day.
Blondie what a fun quilt. Thanks for bring a little sunshine in all of our lives. Cecelia

Suzette
February 22nd, 2016, 11:06 AM
Morning all! Blondie, you always get my day off to a great start with your morning posts! Thanks for that. :icon_bigsmile:

We are moving. Again. I really thought I was planted this time. I finally made my way to a warm, sandy beach and now we are moving inland (and out of state). I am giving up the beach for my sisters and my horses. (Not a bad trade at all! :icon_bigsmile: ) We bought a small horse place in SC where the horses will be off pitiful, sandy pastures and onto green, nutritious, safer ones and I can be closer to my three sisters. We will now be within 20 minutes of each other instead of me being 5 hours away - yay!!

So my days are full of packing, and phone calls to get the hundred little details to all fall in place by the time the movers show up. the hardest part is that my quilt room has been packed up for a few weeks now and I am missing my quilting therapy!! :icon_umpf:

It's all good though and once again, I am looking forward to a new beginning. And as Blondie says, it's all starting with a smile.... :icon_bigsmile:

Navy Wife
February 22nd, 2016, 11:13 AM
Good morning all. It's another gray morning in east TN. How I wish I was in FL! At least it isn't cold, just dreary.

I've been working on an elephant wall hanging for DIL. I have the elephant put together, but have to satin stitch all the pieces, put it on the background and quilt it. I'm glad she has learned not to plan on getting things from me in a hurry! At least I can get all the fabrics put away today. My sewing room is a riot of color with batiks all over the place. I'll try to post a picture later.

DH is still in pain with his back. We are seeing the doctor next Monday to make a decision on surgery. I'm wishing he had done this a month ago. It is hard to see him in pain, plus having to do so much extra to help him. I'm tired, physically and mentally. I need to go to FL and eat some Strawberry Shortcake! Maybe I'll get down there before the berries are gone. I cancelled plans to go to the AQS Show in Daytona. The boys were planning to come and help out, but they have jobs to go to all day. They do work from home some, but not all the time, and he really needs someone here most of the time. I can get away for brief periods to do grocery shopping and run errands. I'm getting lots of sewing done!

Prayers for those in need and hugs for all!

Linda

MayinJerset
February 22nd, 2016, 11:21 AM
Getting a late start this morning although I have been up since 7 am spreading the news, via email and Facebook, about our new great grandson born yesterday right on his due date. Baby James is the first grandchild for DS#2 and his DW, DS#1 has 4 grandsons and another grand expected in June. Family is growing by leaps and bounds.

Blondie, Love that vintage quilt! Haven't crocheted in quite some time but might give it a try for something that pretty. Did a lot of crocheting back in the 60's - 70's, throws, ponchos and vests. Made quite a few baby throws and wonder now if any of them are still around, don't think they last as long as the baby quilts I make now.

Time to get something going for dinner, had planned to have Sunday's leftovers for tonight but had unexpected company so no leftovers. That jar of Friendship Soup Mix that DIL gave me might just be the thing.

Grampz
February 22nd, 2016, 11:39 AM
Good Morning and happy Monday to you all!

I have a few projects to do today too. DW stayed home from work today so I'll be asking her to help with cutting. Talk at you soon

Sending Luvz, hugz, and prayers

Grampz

Granny Judy
February 22nd, 2016, 11:46 AM
I am procrastinating by being here and ignoring the kitchen. It's quite the disaster area.. No photo's allowed area til I work up the courage to get in there and start cleaning and washing up. Every surface is covered with dirty dishes, pots & pans. Even the crock pot has leftover juices from last night's dinner.

I just didn't have the energy to clean it up after eating. My tummy was just to full to let me move.. other than sitting and rubbing it while softly moaning.. Yes I cooked an outstanding meal that took me over 3 hours and dirtied every pot in the house.. Everything was slicked down in less than 15 minutes!! Only the Mess and Memory remains!!

Nothing on my to do list today, so I gotta get back to the kitchen and make it presentable so another "mess" can happen.. but not today!!! I'm not cooking anything once all those pans are clean and put away!! Granny is on Strike..........

GrammaBabs
February 22nd, 2016, 12:15 PM
Thank you for posting "my theme song"...LOL

MRoy
February 22nd, 2016, 12:54 PM
Good morning! I've been up since 3:00 and it feels like I should be saying "good afternoon" instead.

Carolyn, prayers for you and your family today.

DH and I went lake fishing Saturday then had a great lunch with DS and his girlfriend at Red Lobster yesterday. We were celebrating his upcoming 40th birthday. It doesn't seem like he should be that old...the years have passed so quickly.

It's another chilly, gloomy day here. I hope Barb's forecasted snow turns to rain before it comes across my part of Kentucky tomorrow evening. I'm going to sit-n-sew this afternoon. It's been 3 weeks since I went because of snowy weather. I've got quilt blocks to arrange on the big tables there so I can assemble a quilt top. I might just lay down on one of those tables and take a nap!

judimccl
February 22nd, 2016, 02:13 PM
As usual, I loved reading your post. You put a whole new slant on Monday for sure! Thanks for starting my day out on such a positive note, and giving me a chuckle at the same time. :icon_wave:

mommamarsh
February 22nd, 2016, 03:19 PM
Thinking of you and yours, Carolyn. Hospice is wonderful.I wish you peace and comfort.