PDA

View Full Version : Hooting Hello

kimsophia
February 21st, 2016, 03:52 AM
How are the Night Owls? I have been having fun designing my cross stitch and watching the Golden State Warriors play the Clippers. I stopped at the 24-hour grocery store and got the ingredients for Mississippi pot roast and put that in the crock pot. Now I'm brewing some coffee and getting ready to stitch. What's up in your tree? @,@

bhaggerty
February 21st, 2016, 04:24 AM
Up late tonight!
I am curious, what is Mississippi Pot Roast?

Spent most of my day Spring Cleaning, sadly, no sewing today.

Off to check the DD, before hitting the hay.
Have a wonderful night!

kimsophia
February 21st, 2016, 04:51 AM
Mississippi pot roast is made in a crock pot. It is dead simple. Just five ingredients.
Mississippi Roast - Table for Two (http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/mississippi-roast/)
The recipe I read said to serve it with crusty bread, so I bought some hard rolls too.

MayinJerset
February 21st, 2016, 07:41 AM
Guess you 2 were the only Night Owls around during the night.

Kim, Hope the Mississippi pot roast came out good. I used to make pot roast often as we loved it with lots of veggies, gravy and rye bread. Over the years the beef changed, it would fall apart but never really be tender whether made on top of the stove, in the oven or in a crock pot.

kimsophia
February 21st, 2016, 07:53 AM
Hmm, May, I wonder what was up with that beef. Did it change from feedlot to range...I don't know enough about livestock to know.

I am pleased with my cross stitch prototype that I made on some scrap Aida. I finally came up with a way to sew eyes that I liked. This project reminds me of Iotacons by Andy Rash. iotacons (http://iotacons.blogspot.com/)

Monique
February 21st, 2016, 08:32 AM
Good morning. Quite the rainy day yesterday. From freezing our a***es off to rain. Les and I had to climb onto the back roof and shovel the snow away, after all we did get 20 inches or more last week.

I told Les I would take him to lunch today. Not sure where we will end up but there may be an antique store/flea market in there somewhere.

I straightened out my sewing room yesterday. Did not really make a dent in it but at least I could move. I am making a pincushion/scrapbag for the hostess of the retreat. The instructions are not really clear or else I am really dumb. I had trouble with it last night and had to sew another part together to see how it all came together.

Here is the link for the pattern is anyone wants it.

http://www.sewmamasew.com/media/blog/SMSPincushionOrganizer.pdf

So today I will spend with my honey.

Have a great day friends.

Hulamoon
February 21st, 2016, 09:06 AM
I haven't used my crockpot in awhile. I bought some cabbage and have some chicken sausage in the freezer. Now to find a recipie. If there is such a thing for it. lol

Sat I took care of a fun task. I got rid of over 700 emails. whew! Do you let yours pile up that much? I ran across a site that had a scrapper version of Jenny's new tute.
andie johnson sews: Design Wall Monday (http://www.andiejohnsonsews.com/2013/01/design-wall-monday.html)

bajasadie
February 23rd, 2016, 03:07 AM
Roast recipe sounds interesting, I'm going to try it and I'll let you know! Thanks for sharing.

kimsophia
February 23rd, 2016, 03:14 AM
It tastes good, if a little spicy/salty. I don't know why the recipe called for butter. If I made it again I would take out the butter and add a cup of water.

I've spent the last hour working on the cross stitch project. I bought three long tubes of Aida fabric at Jo-Ann's a while back. I wound up having to wash the fabric as it was so stiff I couldn't get it in an embroidery hoop. While it was washing I decided to try my square hoop with PVC piping. I could only find three clips for it but not the fourth. I wound up sorting through my embroidery case and my sewing room but I couldn't find it. Finally I found it shoved under a chair in the living room. :P Whew. That was a workout. :D