PDA

View Full Version : What a month.

SewnByBee
February 20th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Well I've been missing, having back problems. And then....... , my old grumpy dog gets testy and bites me in the face. Right above my eyebrow. It swelled up till I couldn't see out of it. The one good but yet bad eye was not much help. So I haven't been able to see.

We had put the old dog on Med here while back, because he had gotten so I'll. But party my felt too. I layer my head down close to him and then yep.I was bit before I new it.

I wanted you all to know I wasn't skipping out, just could not manage to get on here. Hope you are all doing well. I have missed getting to see all the goings one. Hope to be better soon.
See you all soon........
....Bee

Jean Sewing Machine
February 20th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Wow, what a rough road you've been on! Mend quick!

Kat Smith
February 20th, 2016, 06:20 PM
So sorry to hear of your challenges of late. Hope things are back on track for you soon. Look forward to hearing more from you again soon.

Kathy

SewnByBee
February 20th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Wow, what a rough road you've been on! Mend quick!

Thanks Bean, getting there.

SewnByBee
February 20th, 2016, 06:23 PM
So sorry to hear of your challenges of late. Hope things are back on track for you soon. Look forward to hearing more from you again soon.

Kathy

Thank you Mat, it's definitely been challenging.

auntiemern
February 20th, 2016, 06:33 PM
So sorry that happened to you. Glad you are on the mend. That being said..I would not own a dog that bit me for what ever reason.

asta
February 20th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles, hope things will get brighter for you soon.

SewnByBee
February 20th, 2016, 07:30 PM
So sorry that happened to you. Glad you are on the mend. That being said..I would not own a dog that bit me for what ever reason.

Marilyn, it's been hard watching my baby get old and grumpy. He has been one of the smartest dogs I've ever had. Dr. said when they start snapping, they usually are in pain and deffencive. After he snapped me, he laid there with his head down for a long time. I don't think he ment to hurt me. Non the less, who wants to be bit...... I hate it but one day will come that he want be here. It brakes my heart. For 16 years he has been by my side. It will be a lonely place without him. Hopefully we can make him comfortable and the rest of us safe until. This part is hard. Another sign of of journey coming to an end.

Thanks for the well wishes. Looking forward to being back soon.
...Bee

SewnByBee
February 20th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles, hope things will get brighter for you soon.

Thanks much Beth, ,I will be back soon,...... I hope.

Bubby
February 20th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Bee.....I'm so sorry to hear this. You poor little thing. I pray you will have a speedy recovery and be back with us soon. (((HUGS)))

SewnByBee
February 20th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Bee.....I'm so sorry to hear this. You poor little thing. I pray you will have a speedy recovery and be back with us soon. (((HUGS)))

Thanks Barb, I miss chatting with my friends, soooo much. Keeping ice on the eye, and staying away from Scooters face...lol.... this too shall pass.

bhaggerty
February 20th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Yikes! That is rough! Glad you are doing better!

cv quilter
February 20th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Bee, oh my gosh! Bummer and "BAD DOG". Really, so sorry that you are now nursing a bad back and a bad eye! Hoping you will be back to feeling better and seeing better really SOON!. Sharon

Midge
February 20th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Bee, I'm so sorry to hear about this trouble. You had mentioned before I think that your beloved dog was aging and grumpy, but now I'm not so sure what grumpy means. He's had a long life and the deep devotion has run both ways. Perhaps he is telling you something?

jjkaiser
February 20th, 2016, 09:48 PM
We missed your delightful comments around here and I was wondering where the neck you were, or maybe just holed up doing lots of sewing or something. Thanks for the update. You take care okay, and here's a message for your dog: "You are a naughty girl! Shame on you--now be good, no more biting or you don't get any more biscuits!"

Sharyn J
February 20th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Bee, we missed you. So sorry for your troubles and glad that you're on the mend.

rebeccas-sewing
February 21st, 2016, 12:26 AM
I hate to say it but never again would I be able to trust a dog that bit me. I would also be very concerned about the possibility that it might happen again. Also, that it might happen to somone else. I love animals but I draw the line when it comes to aggression. I had a customer who was bitten terribly by a dog. She walked into her bosses kitchen and the dog attacked her without any provocation. What that animal did to her was inexcusable. The physical and mental trauma she experienced was really sad. Not to mention really awkward considering it was her bosses dog. I do believe they immediately put the animal down.

I'm really sorry this happened to you, Bee.

GaGa
February 21st, 2016, 12:50 AM
Bee, I hope things continue to improve for you! Come back soon!

JCY
February 21st, 2016, 01:26 AM
We had a woman TV news person in Denver who was badly bitten in the face by a dog that was up for adoption that they were showcasing in the studio. A strange dog & she got her face too close to the dog. She was off work for a long time while her face healed. So sorry for your injury. I hope you're feeling better soon. Is it time to send this doggy to dog heaven?

mommamarsh
February 21st, 2016, 03:21 AM
Hope you feel much better soon !

MayinJerset
February 21st, 2016, 07:18 AM
Sending you some 126319 to help you feel better.

songbird857
February 21st, 2016, 12:19 PM
Aw Bekie - I'm sorry you've had a rough patch - thinking of you sweetie :)

ceiliam
February 21st, 2016, 12:28 PM
So sorry for your troubles and for your beloved dog . hope you get better soon

judimccl
February 21st, 2016, 10:55 PM
Please take care of yourself Bee. So sorry to hear about your run-in with the "grumpy" dog. Did you have it checked out? Did you put anything on it? Will say some special prayers for you. :icon_wave:

quiltingtrish
February 21st, 2016, 11:53 PM
So sorry you are dealing with your back and now the dog bite too. Hope you are feeling better soon and back with us. I miss your posts.

quiltingtrish
February 21st, 2016, 11:54 PM
So sorry to hear you are still dealing with your bad back and now the bite from the dog. Hope you are feeling better soon. I miss your posts.

Monique
February 23rd, 2016, 07:33 AM
Have a speedy recovery.

Blondie
February 23rd, 2016, 07:51 AM
Bek - sorry to read this. Hope you are on the road to feeling better by now. I understand the pain of the ouchie - both from the nip and from having an aging fur baby. Hugs to you!

Suzette
February 23rd, 2016, 09:06 AM
Hope you are mending well! And kudos to you Bee for realizing and acknowledging that it was human error getting your face so close to his (however loving and well-intentioned on your part) that caused the dog to bite. You are an awesome doggie mommy! :)

To those blaming the dog - as a dog behaviorist, I have to say that this is not a dog that cannot be trusted, but rather a dog going through the aging process and his space needs to be respected now more than ever. He was communicating with Bee. Dogs are limited to how they can do this, not having words to express themselves. They have body language (sometimes obvious, and sometimes so subtle if you have not taught yourself to see the signs, they will be easily missed.), growls, barks and bites. That's it. And humans are notoriously poor at reading a dog when they are giving the subtle signs, so they often have to ratchet up their communication with more obvious ones that humans then call "bad" or "dangerous".

And we have all been there to one extent or the other. It doesn't make us bad dog owners when we have these lapses in judgment or we are simply not reading our dogs well, it just gives us a chance to learn more about these wonderful furry friends that we bring into our homes and learn how to communicate with them on their level and respect their feelings and the space.

easyquilts
February 23rd, 2016, 02:10 PM
Bee.. Glad to see you here... Sorry about your bite... I hope it heals doom...

Anyway, glad you are bavk...

Sylvia H
February 23rd, 2016, 02:40 PM
Hope you are mending well! And kudos to you Bee for realizing and acknowledging that it was human error getting your face so close to his (however loving and well-intentioned on your part) that caused the dog to bite. You are an awesome doggie mommy! :)

To those blaming the dog - as a dog behaviorist, I have to say that this is not a dog that cannot be trusted, but rather a dog going through the aging process and his space needs to be respected now more than ever. He was communicating with Bee. Dogs are limited to how they can do this, not having words to express themselves. They have body language (sometimes obvious, and sometimes so subtle if you have not taught yourself to see the signs, they will be easily missed.), growls, barks and bites. That's it. And humans are notoriously poor at reading a dog when they are giving the subtle signs, so they often have to ratchet up their communication with more obvious ones that humans then call "bad" or "dangerous".

And we have all been there to one extent or the other. It doesn't make us bad dog owners when we have these lapses in judgment or we are simply not reading our dogs well, it just gives us a chance to learn more about these wonderful furry friends that we bring into our homes and learn how to communicate with them on their level and respect their feelings and the space.

I also want to wish Bee a speedy recovery with her back and her eye.

Thank you, Suzette, for your explanation of dog behavior and communication. Most dogs can communicate very well, with dog body language. However, many humans know nothing of this method of communication. The position of a dog's body, head, ears, tail, and various combinations are all messages to us. But it is up to the dog owners to learn about this. Do an internet query on dog body language and see what you find.

Bee, I am glad that you understand the reason for your dog's behavior.