PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday all day today...

MayinJerset
February 20th, 2016, 11:17 AM
It is a bit cold out today but it's a sunshiny day and I think DH and I need to get out and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine, especially since there's a chance of bitter cold and/or nasty weather coming our way during the week.
Open Sew at my guild today so I can drop off the big plastic shopping bag of fabrics and a quilt book or two for my guild's stash room.

First I need to work on cuddle quilt for newest great grandson expected any day now. DS#2 and his DW, the soon to be first time grandparents, will be attending the mid March Christening in New Orleans and they will bring the quilt and our other gifts with them. One gift I'm including is the silver baby spoon and fork that was given to DS#2 when he was born and passing in down to his first grandchild.

Bubby
February 20th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Good Morning May,

It sounds like getting out for some fresh air is a good idea if you have more bad weather on the way. It's nice here this morning. Jeff just got back from a walk in the woods with the Girls. I slept in a little.

Yesterday I went to lunch with a girlfriend for a belated birthday treat. She brought me a big bag filled with goodies....a Yankee candle, cute kitchen towel, His and Hers soup mugs, etc. We had a nice lunch and a long chat, which was the best part.

I'm going to dig in and finish up the Orange Peel quilt for my MIL. Once that's done I will take off making something new. I like Jenny's new tutorial and also the Stacks quilt. Can't wait to get sewing again.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend doing what makes you happy.

EnumclawGramma
February 20th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Good Morning! Up before the sun this morning. It's cold and it looks like we're expecting a good bit of rain today. We're still getting a lot of snow in the mountains, but as long as it stays up there I'm not going to complain!
I finished a COC quilt top yesterday and NOW I'm getting ready to start something new. My (immediate) goal is to make new quilts for all my grands. They all need "grown up" quilts, and I've got plans for each of them. I can't wait to get started!
I'm going to get one more cup of coffee and get moving! Have a wonderful Saturday!

bhaggerty
February 20th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Good Morning All! Very busy week here and glad for the weekend! Looks like the flu is not going to skip us after all. The flu hit in our neck of the woods last week and we have seen a lot of it this week. :(
On the bright side, my aunt in law (DH's aunt) is visiting from Knoxville, TN and we will get to visit and have dinner with her tonight.

Sound like you gals will be spending some wonderful time on your machines today!
Have a busy day planned, but sadly, not sewing!
There are just too many dust bunnies in my house and they need to leave.
Maybe if I am efficient, I will still be able to log in some time on my machine.

May, congrats on your newest GGS! That is wonderful! I love the sentimental gifts of the silver spoon & fork! Hope they do too!
Those kinds of family gifts are the best!

Can't wait to see your orange peel quilt, Bubby. I really l like it but it sure seems like a lot of work to make the peels and flip them.

Libby, stay warm and have another cuppa. I need to go make some coffee myself. My DH usually makes it but he left at 5 am today with our oldest, they are out on the lake fishing.

Monique
February 20th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Snow yesterday and rain today. Staying in today. Straightening out the sewing room and filling a box with "I don't want it" stuff to take to retreat. (not fabric of course)

Have a great day everyone.