PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Hoots

kimsophia
February 20th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Hootie hoo, how are you? I'm feeling pretty frisky about finishing off the Floating Hexagons lap quilt. Next I am going to try a counted cross stitch that I am designing myself from photos/events of my childhood. What's up in your tree?

P.S.-That Bulls won! :icon_surprised: And they had lost five straight!

stationarymom
February 20th, 2016, 03:28 AM
Hoot I'm glad your finishing all those hexagons you must be so happy.I have never done counted cross stitch at this point I'm not sure I could just because of my eyes.Who taught you how to do cross stitch?It sounds like it will be a beautiful project when you are finished.I just got a pattern for a granny square quilt I want to try,this one is strip pieced so it shouldn't be hard.I'm still trying to get the puppy back to feeling like himself.The vet put him on a high fiber food to stop the runs but he doesn't like it.(picky puppy instead of drinking his water he wants
to go out and eat snow or ice)

kimsophia
February 20th, 2016, 03:37 AM
Joan, nobody taught me to do counted cross stitch. The instructions came in the package of the kit I started with. It's really easy as long you can read the chart symbols and follow it. The needle even came in that kit. :)

I do hope that poor puppy gets better. What a lot of problems he has had. A pet with diarrhea is a stressful situation!

Simply Quilting
February 20th, 2016, 03:41 AM
We have enjoyed some unseasonably warm weather - up 60s yesterday, today and planned for tomorrow. It feels more like April than February. Of course, by Thursday, we are suppose to be back down to 23. I found my Bloc Loc Rulers so I can work on the quilt. The new ironing board came today. I am excited that it is wide to make it easier to press blocks.

As I spent the evening sorting and hunting for the rulers. I found that I apparently love Summer Breeze III fabric line. I found in it different boxes - 3 layers cakes, 4 mini charm packs and yardage. The layer cakes were for a bed quilt, the mini charms for potholders and the yardage for an apron. At least, I remember buying them once I seen them. Any one else have a fabric line that they just love and seem to be drawn to every time they see it?

Have a great night everyone :)

kimsophia
February 20th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Any one else have a fabric line that they just love and seem to be drawn to every time they see it?

Have a great night everyone :)

lolol...like today's DD of Kaffe Fassett fabric? lolol I do also love batiks. And I'm fond of the reproduction of 1930's fabric. :)

MayinJerset
February 20th, 2016, 04:11 AM
Kim, Good News that the Bulls won.

Had a good work out at PT this afternoon, felt good the rest of the day but now at 2am after 5hrs sleep my body is reacting. Oh, my aching knees and shoulders! Have to keep telling myself that all this pain means I'm getting better!

I've also been pleasantly surprised to find some forgotten yardage. No special line or designer but really nice fabrics I had set aside for sashing and borders for UFO's. Maybe the UFO's will get finished this time around.

Think this Night Owl needs to get a bit more sleep, so 126274 won.

Judy, USMC
February 20th, 2016, 05:34 AM
Hi fellow owls - Temp was in the low 60's but felt chilly with the winds we had.

Got a baby boy string quilt laid out and some of the blocks put together. I'm really liking this layout ... made 2 in the past and have 2 more (including this one) on my list. I purchased several Hubba-Hubba scrap bags on e-bay basically because it has pinks and blues that I can separate out. Since it's now out of print I'll be searching for a jelly roll. And I have to check but think I maybe can blend it with From Bump to Baby or Hi-De-Ho.

Will do that after I get some sleep. Y'all stay snuggly and safe.